Failed road test couple questions

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Actual Road Test Footage...

251522386CE4KRKF.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Road tested today with a handful of other prospective drivers. Testing was done in an older truck, auto transmission. Pretty much as expected, passed easily & awaiting the word for Intergrad
Automatic transmission? Over here they give you 5 minutes in a p8 with a shifter that more resembles a noodle than a stick. Thankfully they don't stall easily so you could get around corners by holding the clutch and WOT whenever the gears got mixed up :teethy:. Then it was all automatic P6s and P8s at integrad and a P12 on my training route.

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Eh, I've heard it's easier to teach someone to double clutch if they've never drove a manual.
haha ...that's so true. I drove trucks for almost 14 years before UPS and only used the clutch for 1st and reverse. never used it at all for the rest of gears.

when training they told me to double clutch and I said "huh?". I couldn't get the hang of it, even on my ride alongs they told me to double clutch and it was a horror show so they finally gave up and let me shift without using the clutch.

clean hairy

haha ...that's so true. I drove trucks for almost 14 years before UPS and only used the clutch for 1st and reverse. never used it at all for the rest of gears.

when training they told me to double clutch and I said "huh?". I couldn't get the hang of it, even on my ride alongs they told me to double clutch and it was a horror show so they finally gave up and let me shift without using the clutch.
After all, why put wear and tear on the clutch if you don't have to?

Automatic?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

yep, double clutching is right near rocket science in terms of hard it is to learn

smh

Noreaga

Rolling through stop signs is huge... remember they say if you ran a stop sign with me on the truck what will you do with me off the truck.. must fixed that behavior my friend...