Failed road test couple questions

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Article 72 section 2 of your 177 supplmental will answer your question. If this is your 2nd time failing you will have to wait 9 months.

But he didn't even start qualifying yet. Would that apply in his situation? I think there's room for a grievance there if they send someone else ahead of him.

542thruNthru

But he didn't even start qualifying yet. Would that apply in his situation? I think there's room for a grievance there if they send someone else ahead of him.

I agree with you but part of qualifying is passing a DOT physical and road test. I don't think he should have to wait 9 months but holding up the process till he finally passes doesn't make sense either. It's definitely a question for his BA.

Is there a difference between trial period and qualifying?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I agree with you but part of qualifying is passing a DOT physical and road test. I don't think he should have to wait 9 months but holding up the process till he finally passes doesn't make sense either. It's definitely a question for his BA.

I think it's a question of when your seniority date would be if you qualified. If you aren't in that phase, then you aren't qualifying. But I agree that there has to be a practical limit to how many chances you get to pass the road test before they move on to the next candidate. I think if they gave him even one more chance to pass it before passing him over, most people would agree that is reasonable. Plus, if he takes the initiative to push the issue, it'll send the message that he is serious about the job.

quad decade guy

Hey everyone would appreciate some input. So I'm a PT sorter in a NJ hub looking to transfer to full time. We have all automatics so driving standard doesn't apply. I took my road test earlier and failed with a 140...I think the maximum is 125... the sup said he wants me to reapply. He docked me for some lane control and speed stuff said i rolled through the stop sign leaving the building which I don't think I did but whatever

Are they stricter with passing new drivers during peak ? And does anyone know how soon I can reapply?

appreciate any input thanks

Whatever....?

I'm fighting everyday to make the yard safe from :censored2:s like you. You're the kinda guy(assuming)

that goes something like this (me)-"hey did you see that stop sign and you're speeding on the yard"

:-)censored:)(you)-"whatever".

I pray you quit or DQ.

Air Recovery

They are significantly easier on people taking the road test in peak. The fact that he failed you (a 125 is failure, you have mentioned that you think youre "15 off when you were more as the points are in 5 or 10 increments) during peak season and it is your second time....

Driving isnt for you. If you cannot handle the stress of a road test and are scoring a 140 on the second attempt during the surge into peak I honestly don't think you can cut it.

Air Recovery

Like it sounds like we are being mean; we are just saving you time. Driving is absolutely not for everyone. Cant tell you how many 22.4s in qualifiers have walked in after their first day alone and handed their keys in and DQd themselves back into the building.

Like it sounds like we are being mean; we are just saving you time. Driving is absolutely not for everyone. Cant tell you how many 22.4s in qualifiers have walked in after their first day alone and handed their keys in and DQd themselves back into the building.

Yeah but you can't make a living in the building

When I tried the first time I was applying for part time off the street I wasn't in the union yet wasn't even working for ups yet

If you did not pass right before peak, you will not pass in 3-6 months either. You can keep restating what you did slightly different and hope for better answers, but the truth is that you are a lazy driver. You need to make complete stops, maintain your lane through turns and drive the speed limit. Not 10 over or 10 under.

When you can start to be honest about the way you drive and make honest improvement, reapply. Until then, stick with the preload.

That's the standard for the test then? Because every driver does not do the exact speed limit every minute of every day and never do anything wrong that's impossible.

barnyard

KTM rider
That's the standard for the test then? Because every driver does not do the exact speed limit every minute of every day and never do anything wrong that's impossible.

You are correct and if that is what you got out of my post, you will never be a driver. You were not good enough to qualify when UPS needs you the most. That says a lot.

RJBRR13

Road tested today with a handful of other prospective drivers. Testing was done in an older truck, auto transmission. Pretty much as expected, passed easily & awaiting the word for Intergrad