Favorite Pictures You Have Taken (On Topic Please)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Snake River Duck at Ox Bow Bend in the Tetons taken after sunset.

I was not hopeful of an image taken at an ISO of 12,800 but it came out pretty well after applying a noise reduction tool.

One more image before I take off for a week at another festival - Hulaween.

Duck at OxBow Bend.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Snake River Duck at Ox Bow Bend in the Tetons taken after sunset.

I was not hopeful of an image taken at an ISO of 12,800 but it came out pretty well after applying a noise reduction tool.

One more image before I take off for a week at another festival - Hulaween.

View attachment 218823
Since we both know I’m not a photographer I can ask this stupid question.... what in the world does applying a noise reduction tool have to do with a still photo? Not scaring the duck?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Since we both know I’m not a photographer I can ask this stupid question.... what in the world does applying a noise reduction tool have to do with a still photo? Not scaring the duck?
Post-processing on a PC Computer using Adobe Photoshop with the Nik Define filter and applying Layers to keep the duck in original non-noise reduction.
Noise is much more prevalent in the mid-shades and darker shades.

Note: that the duck has much more detail than the silky smoothness of the water.

Hope this helps! :student:

Last edited:

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Post-processing on a PC Computer using Adobe Photoshop with the Nik Define filter and applying Layers to keep the duck in original non-noise reduction.
Noise is much more prevalent in the mid-shades and darker shades.

Note: that the duck has much more detail than the silky smoothness of the water.

Hope this helps! :student:
Have you ever heard of Jeff coats? He does a lot of photos on the coast. Like Maryland area I believe. He has some really cool photos.