Fed Ex Infiltrators?

Leftinbuilding

Anybody besides me kinda suspicious of the barrage of negativity re the new contract proposal from people with 10 or fewer total posts on this forum? Are there some Fed Exers here to stir things up? They definitely have a vested interest in pushing talk of a strike. Just seems odd to me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Anybody besides me kinda suspicious of the barrage of negativity re the new contract proposal from people with 10 or fewer total posts on this forum? Are there some Fed Exers here to stir things up? They definitely have a vested interest in pushing talk of a strike. Just seems odd to me.

I don't think that they are Fedex, I think that a few of them are non-UPS Teamsters, though. A lot of the freight line guys are not happy that UPS (and its CS-covered employees) want out of Central States. Last time I went to a meeting at my Local, the company proposal had just been announced a few days before. During the General Meeting, a couple of freight line drivers said they would demand that Fedex instead of UPS would deliver anything to their homes. So much for our Teamster "Brothers".

Personally, where I am, just about everybody wants out of Central States. I just know two guys who are not so sure, and that is because their fathers are both Central States Retirees and they are rightfully concerned about that. And these two guys are Registered Users on this Discussion Board.

I have noticed a couple of Fedex guys asking about coming to work for Brown though. That says a lot.:thumbup1:

dragracer66

I'm sure alot of Fed Ex and DHL people come on here. They want to see what's it's like to work at the leader of package delivery and what it would be like to make what we make without having to pay for benefit's and not have to repair our own truck's. I'll bet they come on here more than we go their site's. My neighbor is a Fed Ex guy and he would give his 1'st born to work here!!! I remember there were a couple of Fed Ex guy's on here but I haven't seen anything on here from them in a while. Let's keep it that way!!!!

I don't think that they are Fedex, I think that a few of them are non-UPS Teamsters, though. A lot of the freight line guys are not happy that UPS (and its CS-covered employees) want out of Central States. Last time I went to a meeting at my Local, the company proposal had just been announced a few days before. During the General Meeting, a couple of freight line drivers said they would demand that Fedex instead of UPS would deliver anything to their homes. So much for our Teamster "Brothers".

Personally, where I am, just about everybody wants out of Central States. I just know two guys who are not so sure, and that is because their fathers are both Central States Retirees and they are rightfully concerned about that. And these two guys are Registered Users on this Discussion Board.

I have noticed a couple of Fedex guys asking about coming to work for Brown though. That says a lot.:thumbup1:

I cant speak for anyone else that is with FEDEX wanting to come over to UPS... In my situation, the way I see it, I think I could better myself in the long run coming over... more security... along with better pay.. But just as importantly, a retirement that wont go away....

Will I have the chance to? At age 40? Not sure... But there is no way that I could come over as a seasonal temp employee and hope to be put hired on after Christmas...

I found out today that last year that UPS was begging for drivers out here since they were opening new stations around town....if I had known and was in a position to do so....I would have jumped at it....

Peace to you all...thanks for allowing me to share..

Desert Wolf...

mikestrek

Hmmm, Good point. ^^^^5

Fnix

When you go back to work you will be written up for not following proper methods. Your Supe will show you a video to back up their claim...

I stepped on it today and heard a bunch of screaming coming from the managers office. Upon closer inspection it had a UPS logo on its back.

I hear during peak they will use them to pull letter carts.