Fed Ex Media Campaign - Gloves coming off

satellitedriver

For SatelliteDriver and others, I'll stand behind my original opinion, which is that UPS drivers generally work harder, do more work, and should be paid more than we are....BUT, not 30-40% more. There are plenty of FedEx drivers who work just as hard as UPS drivers, BUT, they are a minority.
Thank you for agreeing with me.
We do not make more, you make less. You choose to work for a company that does not value your work ethic, so there for, you accept the pay and look over the neighbors fence and are jealous of what the Jone's have.
Big difference between working hard and working productive.
In a capitalistic business environment, pay is based on profitability and production.
A worker is only worth what he is willing to be paid.
Quit, if you are not satisfied, or accept the fact that you are worth 35% less pay than UPS.

FedEX 4 Life

Quit, if you are not satisfied, or accept the fact that you are worth 35% less pay than UPS.
Yeah go on thinking that.You gotta be kidding me.Ok just think about this,while you sweaty stressed out depressed slobs are working your 16 hr shifts,the FedEx man might be home bangin your wife.

Id rather live my life to enjoy it rather than be stressed out and die of a heart attack or suicide.Keep your money,you need it more than i do.

skir

Los Angeles CA
Finders Are Keepers

Crewmembers convert wayward FedEx package into UPS business.

UPS has a new customer “for life” after delivering an overnight letter originally shipped with and then apparently lost by a competitor. Captain Pat Hartman and First Officer Randy Bania found a FedEx envelope while on layover just outside of Jackson, MS.
“We were walking back from dinner and noticed a FedEx letter by the side of the road that wasn’t there earlier. It hadn’t been there too long; there was no damage or tire tracks on it,” Pat said.

“It was in an area where there weren’t any businesses. It would have been lost forever,” Randy said.

The crewmembers picked it up and said it didn’t take long to decide to ship the letter, not by FedEx of course, but UPS.

“We thought it would be kind of amusing for the recipient to find a FedEx package inside a UPS envelope. We chuckled all the way back to the hotel,” Randy said. On a more serious note, “we realized the customer shipped it overnight, it was important, and whatever it was he wanted it there the next day.”

Pat and Randy took the letter to the Jackson Gateway when they checked in for their flight later that night.

“They walked in and the captain said, ‘I have an unusual request for you,’” Jackson Gateway Supervisor Mike Clarke said. “We thought it might be a good way to get some business to go ahead and get the letter on to its destination. I made a label for it, put it inside a UPS envelope and left a message for the customer, giving him the new tracking number for the UPS label.”

With the combined efforts of Clarke and crew, the letter was delivered on schedule the following morning.And the customer? Amazed.

“I was really stunned,” said customer Andy Taggart, an attorney in Madison, MS. “What I would have expected is that when your guys came across it, they would just see that the letter got back to my office. It never occurred to me that they would make sure it got delivered.”

Taggart said he has no idea how the letter was lost — he put it in a FedEx drop box outside his office earlier in the day — but UPS’s outstanding service in the situation “has earned you my exclusive and energetic business from now on.”

The package contained a letter he had promised to send to another lawyer overnight, Taggart said, and if it hadn’t arrived on time, there would have been a loss of trust between the two attorneys. As a one-man office, Taggart said he only ships a few packages a month, but he’s told other people about what happened, and they share his amazement that UPS delivered a FedEx package.

UPS delivered the shipment free of charge. “The customer offered to pay for the letter,” Clarke said. “I told him I just want your business, that’s how you can pay me.” Clarke submitted a Take Charge sales lead and UPS opened an account for Taggart.

Pat said he and Randy don’t feel like they did anything out of the ordinary, but “it was sort of weird, UPS finding a FedEx package. You never know what you’re going to find.”

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah go on thinking that.You gotta be kidding me.Ok just think about this,while you sweaty stressed out depressed slobs are working your 16 hr shifts,the FedEx man might be home bangin your wife.

Id rather live my life to enjoy it rather than be stressed out and die of a heart attack or suicide.Keep your money,you need it more than i do.

8 hours x 29 = $232
7 hours OT x 43.50 = $304
------------------------------
$536 = 15 hours + 30 min penalty time bonus over 10.5 = $550

you get the idea...

The UPS driver just made in a day what you make in a week. Have a nice week. =)

This is way too easy! First I worked 33 yrs for UPS and Never worked a 16 hr shift. More proof you are a troll! Second you state "I'd rather live my life to enjoy it rather than be stressed out"...Do you think UPS people are stupid? Refer to YOUR POST #12 under the thread Illegal anti-union mtg's.
YOU STATE "I own my own business which I am at from 6:00AM - 100PM. I work at Fedex from 2:30 - 8:30PM" Answer this: How do you live my life to enjoy it when you are working 14 1/2 hours a day? Third, Moderators, why not move his comments to the FEDEX DISCUSSION Thread.

pretzel_man

Again, you seem to prove my point.

Can I assume that you are not concerned about the FAA reauthorization bill?

You are happier being non-union. It should make no difference to you that FedEx is governed under the same rules as UPS, right?

Of course, Fred S has a different opinion than you. Did you read his discussion yesterday? He is afraid that if FedEx has the same rules as UPS, there will be service disruptions.

Why would happy, well paid employees sign up to be part of the big, bad union and then vote to strike? Maybe in addition to telling people here how happy you all are, you should tell Fred that he has nothing to worry about with the new legislation.

P-Man

UnconTROLLed

perfection

You are happier being non-union. It should make no difference to you that FedEx is governed under the same rules as UPS, right?

Of course, Fred S has a different opinion than you. Did you read his discussion yesterday? He is afraid that if FedEx has the same rules as UPS, there will be service disruptions.

Why would happy, well paid employees sign up to be part of the big, bad union and then vote to strike? Maybe in addition to telling people here how happy you all are, you should tell Fred that he has nothing to worry about with the new legislation.

P-Man

Funny how the troll completely ignores your posts. You would be better off spending that 1minute of your time doing something worthwhile, of course who am I to tell you how to spend your valuable time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank you for agreeing with me.
We do not make more, you make less. You choose to work for a company that does not value your work ethic, so there for, you accept the pay and look over the neighbors fence and are jealous of what the Jone's have.
Big difference between working hard and working productive.
In a capitalistic business environment, pay is based on profitability and production.
A worker is only worth what he is willing to be paid.

Sorry, but I work hard and am also very productive, as are many other FedEx drivers. Your generalization is just that. And why should I accept 35% less pay....I'm certainly not worth 35% less than you are. Unless you do your route in a helicopter, you're not 35% more productive either. And please can the omniscient sage act. You may view yourself as a superior being...I don't.

Skippy123

FedEx Express and UPS are fundamentally different companies, and the laws should continue to reflect that. FedEx Express is the world's largest and best run airline - shipping more than 85 percent of its packages in the air. UPS is a trucking company and ships more than 85 percent of packages by truck.

It seems UPS is lobbying for change b/c it believes the RLA gives FedEx Express a "competitive advantage." But w/o RLA controls, the government would in effect give UPS unfair advantage by potentially putting in jeopardy the reliability of the FedEx delivery network.

Who would pay the most if the FAA reauthorization bill passes? Consumers, in the form of higher shipping costs and reduced reliability and service of next-day shipments for medicines and other essential goods. That's the untold story!

It's all spelled out out on brownbailout.com and it's an interesting read.

pretzel_man

FedEx Express and UPS are fundamentally different companies, and the laws should continue to reflect that. FedEx Express is the world's largest and best run airline - shipping more than 85 percent of its packages in the air. UPS is a trucking company and ships more than 85 percent of packages by truck.

It seems UPS is lobbying for change b/c it believes the RLA gives FedEx Express a "competitive advantage." But w/o RLA controls, the government would in effect give UPS unfair advantage by potentially putting in jeopardy the reliability of the FedEx delivery network.

Who would pay the most if the FAA reauthorization bill passes? Consumers, in the form of higher shipping costs and reduced reliability and service of next-day shipments for medicines and other essential goods. That's the untold story!

From my perspective, the world changes, and laws should be updated to reflect that. The RLA was originally put together in the 20's to keep railroads running because we needed them for commerce. It was dangerous to have a wildcat strike in Omaha stop the nation's railway system.

Airlines were added later. It was for the same reason. I wildcat strike in Omaha should not stop the national air network.

Applying this law to a delivery driver is silly. If the drivers in Omaha went on strike, the air network still would run. Airplanes could fly, which by the way is exactly what happened duing the UPS strike. The air kept running.

If UPS and FedEx are fundamentally different businesses, I don't see that. Both go after the same customers with the same services. In fact, when FedEx solicits customers, they tell them that they are not subject to strikes like UPS. They use that labor law as a selling point.

If the RLA change passes, why would consumers pay more? The change does NOT dictate that higher wages will be paid. It does NOT stipulate that FedEx will be unionized. Only FedEx employees can cause that to happen.

The bill does nothing else except treat FedEx the same way as UPS. I don't see that as giving UPS an advantage, just taking away the one that FedEx has and which they flaunt with our customers.

My question remains to be answered. If FedEx employees are well paid and happy, why would they even consider joining a union? Why simultaneously say that there is no need to join a union but fight hard to make that extremely difficult?

P-Man

upssalesguy

UPS Defender

you copy and pasted...good stuff.

FYI for everyone - fedex charges a premium OVER UPS for air shipping. base rate to base rate.

but whatever. I guess that 8% pricing markup on your air packages are for the good of the country.

why should fedex continue to get special treatment? we run the 8th largest airline in the world (and run it the best). we also move 85% of our AIR VOLUME by airplane, just like fedex express. the difference is when we started our airline, we were already under the NLRA. fedex express gets special treatmnet through lobbying and it is about to end.

you think fedex reliability is that much better than UPS? stop drinking the kool aide. I just won a HUGE air customer from you all because your reliaiblity was terrible. OOPS!

sorry guy. you'll look good in brown.

Skippy...When was the last time a Fedex pilot taxied his plane to the front of your residence and delivered the package or, did not a driver in a truck with nothing to do with aircraft deliver your package!

sealbasher

the only stress i have in my day is reading crap like this,and i dont know too many ups drivers that are stressed,and if they are they probably make too many mistakes,if u do the job right its great,goood luck in the unemployment line.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
the only stress i have in my day is reading crap like this,and i dont know too many ups drivers that are stressed,and if they are they probably make too many mistakes,if u do the job right its great,goood luck in the unemployment line.
Reading stuff like this is not stressful to me - bemusing and amusing only.

P

pickup

P-Man

He's concerned about the authorization bill because if the union comes in they might force fed ex to drop their independent contractors and the value of his routes goes down the toilet.

He also should be worried about the immigration laws because if they were ever truly enforced, he might find that the drivers he has hired would have to go back to mexico.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hi Skippy,

Let me introduce you to FedExAllTheWay, FedEx4Life, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. I figure you'll all get along swell since you all live in a fantasy world that has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Keep on believing everything you read, OK? Here are some other things you might like, since thinking is SO much hard work. FOX News is good, and so are Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. They don't want you to think at all. In fact, they'd prefer you just accept everything they say as fact. It's kind of the same with brownbailout.com Skippy!! Fred S is just like these other nice people, and you can believe EVERYTHING he says, OK?

If Jim Jones were still here, he'd have some nice yummy Kool-Aid that you could drink too!!! Mmmmm, good!!

Love,

MrFedEx