Fed Ex Media Campaign - Gloves coming off

In the many years I have been at UPS I have never seen things get nasty between UPS and FEDEX in the media or in the advertising arena... you know the type of call outs you see in the Cola or burger wars...In this industry companies have generally claimed superiority over "the competition"...or more guaranteed deliveries than "anyone"....

That is about to change....Fed Ex will be taking the niceties out of their full-court, fight for their life campaign to maintain thier cost advantages through their current labor classification. It will be nasty. It will be public, and it will spill outside the beltway.

They will position pending legislation (rights to organize for their employees) as a GOVT sponsored bailout for UPS. --Spinning the rhetoric that UPS cannot compete in the free marketplace.

Public relations spinsters are coming - the money is behind it....And it will essentially call out UPS. You will hear more....As will many of your customers.

Should be fun[
Fed EX is calling out the competition as if to say they can't compete with UPS. How rediculous is that? It has to backfire. Fred has big money and a lot of lobbying workin for him not to mention the major media who most support Fed EX_______ http://rossputin.com/blog/index.php/time-to-boycott-ups-and-use-fedex

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
guys, if you want to know what fedex does in our accounts, they constantly push the threat of strike as a reason to give fedex a few packages here and there as a promise to "pick them up when UPS goes on strike". the customer haven't specifically said to me "fedex is RLA, so we are going with them" but I know fedex is pushing that fact.

everytime we renogotiate an agremeent with the drivers, fedex express always goes to my largest air customers and drops off aggressive pricing "in preperation".

as i have told hoaxster, if it wasnt for our SUPERIOR drivers, the RLA would be a major barrier to retention and conversion account.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I certainly hope this is true. Personally, I'd like to see Boeing refuse to do business with Smith. Let him buy second-rate Airbus planes. And if Smith does come crawling back, charge him a premium for a Boeing product.

I've read that Mr.Davis of UPS is advocating taking the "high road" with FedEx and Fred's antics. While I certainly respect his opinion, I'm not sure that dealing with Smith like a gentleman will work. Fred has succeeded in the past by being the antithesis of ethical and equitable, much in the manner of his current tactics. UPS wants to duel like nobility with revolvers at 10 paces while Smith has an AR-15 shoved down the leg of his pants.

Mr. Davis said in his message that we would make our noise on capital hill, where this issue would be won and lost. I've recently donated more money to our PAC for just this reason.

It is our responsibility as UPSers to perform to our best ability and show in our actions that we are the best (which we are, sorry mr. fedex)

speak softly and carry a big stick.

I would love for UPS to come out and place a big order for some boeing planes. I think airbus is like 5 years backed up anyway.

705red

Browncafe Steward
There is no ignoring this issue. Fedex will be advertising in newspapers, on tv the radio etc.

We need to take the war to them! Anyone when fedex colors must receive a beating!

We need to stock up on brown spray paint and mark all of their trucks with our sign! We will put UPS over all of their trucks covering their logos.

This reminds of the movie warriors! Fedex come out to play ay! :happy-very:
My god! My phone has been ringing all day and managers have spoken to me over this post. Maybe I did not use enough smiley faces but it was meant as a joke! Humor? Absolutely!

I am taking the fight to fedex myself and I will grab every package from them that i can.

If i misused my smiley I apologize, im new to using smileys!

Please do not spray paint any fedex property using ups over it.

Spray paint dhl over it!:happy-very::happy2::happy-very::happy2::happy-very::happy2::happy-very::happy2::happy-very:

Dagoof

A Fed x driver wouldnt last 2 days a t U P S,and yes it does.

I agree Fed Ex express wouldnt last 2 days but the ground guys do work as hard as we do. at least the ones who run around my route. I stopped to talk to 3 of Express drivers who were trying to split up 28 stops between them. It was 11:30 AM

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My god! My phone has been ringing all day and managers have spoken to me over this post. Maybe I did not use enough smiley faces but it was meant as a joke! Humor? Absolutely!

I am taking the fight to fedex myself and I will grab every package from them that i can.

If i misused my smiley I apologize, im new to using smileys!

Please do not spray paint any fedex property using ups over it.

Spray paint dhl over it!:happy-very::happy2::happy-very::happy2::happy-very:
Some people just don't have a sense of humor. I knew you were joking. :happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

I deleted a few of your smilies so I could use some as well. LOL

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree Fed Ex express wouldnt last 2 days but the ground guys do work as hard as we do. at least the ones who run around my route. I stopped to talk to 3 of Express drivers who were trying to split up 28 stops between them. It was 11:30 AM
Our express drivers are light as well. I was talking to one not to long ago and he was spending 5 minutes or more at a stop just to get the extra time. Makes me wonder why they don't have the volume.

Dagoof

I also spend lunch at the gym with another express driver he usually has 10 to 20 deliveries left. He has to leave town by the same time I do 4:00 pm. I will have 40 to 50 stops left.

david cassin

dublinbrown
its sad to see an annoying little man Fred S trying to dirty the name of ups by pretending we need a bail out,who does he think he is fooling,now that his republican friends that he has bribed for years have gone he is like a spoilt child whose toys have been thrown out of his pram.we have been around since 1907 fred and we aint going anywhere.retire now you sad old man.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A Fed x driver wouldnt last 2 days a t U P S,and yes it does.

That's an ignorant thing to say. A lot of FedEx drivers could do your job just as well. Overall, it's clear that UPS has more competent people, but a blanket statement like that is wrong.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mr. Davis said in his message that we would make our noise on capital hill, where this issue would be won and lost. I've recently donated more money to our PAC for just this reason.

It is our responsibility as UPSers to perform to our best ability and show in our actions that we are the best (which we are, sorry mr. fedex)

speak softly and carry a big stick.

I would love for UPS to come out and place a big order for some boeing planes. I think airbus is like 5 years backed up anyway.

I have never said FedEx was better than UPS, so please don't mis-characterize me. What I have said (repeatedly) is that what you do isn't worth 30-40% more in wages and benefits than what I do. UPS does a great job for it's customers, and as FedEx employees get more and more disillusioned with their situation, their level of concern for service and the customer will continue to decline at a rapid rate.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I have never said FedEx was better than UPS, so please don't mis-characterize me. What I have said (repeatedly) is that what you do isn't worth 30-40% more in wages and benefits than what I do. UPS does a great job for it's customers, and as FedEx employees get more and more disillusioned with their situation, their level of concern for service and the customer will continue to decline at a rapid rate.
i wasnt calling you out, i was just thorwing a jab in there.