Fed Ex Media Campaign - Gloves coming off

brownhorn

This has gotten me fired up as well. How dare that little punk Fred S use "bailout" as a pejorative for a bill that restores fairness in business practices? So UPS doesn't want to fight this out in the media? Well if Fred S wants to do some mudslinging, the Teamsters will be ready to get down in the gutter with you, son! Go to teamster.org and click on "take action" and you will find a form letter to send to your senators urging them to support this bill. We all need to come together in this fight, management and bargaining unit workers. This is an attack on UPS and the Teamsters by this pathetic old man.

Fredy:headache: has been concealed in the RLA for decades calls him self "Federal" like he is a part of the "Federal" Government. Fred is a patriat. But no dummy. He is kicken up the dust to get his 100,000 man army involved. How can he call out his biggest competitor and expect any one to support him except the major news media:devil3::not_fair:

LED

A Fed x driver wouldnt last 2 days a t U P S,and yes it does.

I am a UPS driver, but this is not a fair statement. The Fedex drivers work hard enough to complete their job, just like UPS drivers. We all deliver/pickup the amount of work placed on us.

UPS drivers tend to have a heavier workload, but we also work a lot of overtime. The Fedex drivers around me work 40 hours or less. You also have a Fedex delivery driver in the morning and a different Fedex driver making pickups in the afternoon.

Remember! this campaign was not started by Fedex drivers, but by Fedex management. Every Fedex driver that I have talked to want the union to be voted in. They are tired of lining Fred S's pockets with cash.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
The FDX drivers in my area have no idea whats going on (FDX way of doing things) This was not brought up in any meetings or written memo. I guess they don't want the drivers (ground and express) to do anything but get packages off.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The FDX drivers in my area have no idea whats going on (FDX way of doing things) This was not brought up in any meetings or written memo. I guess they don't want the drivers (ground and express) to do anything but get packages off.

Ha, they probably don't want any of their drivers posting on the Purple Propaganda Blog. I posted twice and neither were allowed. I wonder how many former single route "contractors" from California are happy with Fredex.

slantnosechevy

That's an ignorant thing to say. A lot of FedEx drivers could do your job just as well. Overall, it's clear that UPS has more competent people, but a blanket statement like that is wrong.

Until you walk (don't run) in our shoes it's not an ignorant thing to say. Ok maybe 10% could run a downtown route without getting lost, but by noon they'd be crawling back to Uncle Fred on their knees begging him to take them back. All I have to do is open my back door when FedEx is around and watch them break out in hives.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There are new posts (brownbailout) and one of them is from an Operations Manager of ours. I don't recognize the name but I'm sure some one will.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have a couple posts waiting moderation! I think alot of these posts are coming from the same several employees. What a load of crap, and Still UPS sits back and watches.

How much business will we have to lose before we fire back? And all it takes is a few customers to but in to this BS and it could spread like a wild fire. Maybe they will blame the drivers again!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Until you walk (don't run) in our shoes it's not an ignorant thing to say. Ok maybe 10% could run a downtown route without getting lost, but by noon they'd be crawling back to Uncle Fred on their knees begging him to take them back. All I have to do is open my back door when FedEx is around and watch them break out in hives.

I won't review my previous posts, but some of our people are just as competent as yours. These aren't rocket science jobs. Anyone with good planning, hustle, and decent driving skills can be a success at either company. I've got 3 UPS drivers within my 1 area, so it isn't an apples to apples comparison anyway.

705red

Browncafe Steward
These are my two posts that are obviously being over lokked by that websites moderation. Almost 10 other posts have been posted since I posted.

<LI class="comment odd alt thread-odd thread-alt depth-1" id=comment-1007>705RED says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I have read alot of the replies on here and everyone seems to be a bit confused. If this bill passes through congress it does not mean that the employees of FedEx would join. It however would give them the right to vote on joining a union on a building by building basis, which they do not have now! This is America and the American employees of FedEx should have the right to choose for themselves. The employees at ups, Fred S or the Teamsters will not make this decision for them it will be them and this is why the bill should pass.
Several others have said that UPS has been fighting the union for decades? Really? I am a union driver for UPS and the Teamsters were invited in by our founding fathers. Now are there differences between UPS and the Teamsters? Absolutely! That does not mean that we hate each other. Fedex's own press release compared your full time wages to what our part time air drivers make. Fred has had a great run treating his employees the way he has, and now the employees themselves should make the decision either to join or not to. Fred should be spending this money on his employees, instead he wants to attack UPS and its employees.
And for that We as drivers will do our best to grab every piece of your business out there. This is not a UPS Employee verses a FedEx employee war, this is Fred taking it to us, so now we will take it to him. The only way to hurt Fred is to hit him in the pocket book!

<LI class="comment even thread-even depth-1" id=comment-1009>705RED says:

Every one is complaining about the unions. Next time you see a retiree or a union member, try thanking them for the weekend! Paid holidays! Vacation pay! 8 Hour work days! Overtime pay! Medical benefits!
All of these luxuries we enjoy today and take for granted many died and suffered in attempt to gain them!
I know this will not be posted, because unlike many of the posts on here it makes total sense!

705RED says:

I am a driver from UPS and since FedEx the company has stooped to a new low in an attempt to muddy the a=waters with the lies that this site and others spew, I would like to tell you personally I am going to do my best to take every piece of your business that I see.
Up to this point I have always lived with there is enough business for all involved to live on. But this site is purely propaganda and the only fact that it has right is ups is endorsing this bill!
UPS is not receiving any money from the government in any way!
People have said that we cannot compete, but our profits were over $400 million in the first quarter. What did FedEx profit?
The fact of the matter is when this bill passes, the employees of FedEx will have a right to join a union or not to join a union! If all the employees are as happy as many on here say, then why is Fred fighting it so hard?

slantnosechevy

I won't review my previous posts, but some of our people are just as competent as yours. These aren't rocket science jobs. Anyone with good planning, hustle, and decent driving skills can be a success at either company. I've got 3 UPS drivers within my 1 area, so it isn't an apples to apples comparison anyway.

Still waiting after 23 years to see someone at FedEx who you describe. I've run 24 routes in 5 cities and rural areas and haven't met one yet. I'm sure there are a few. The majority want no part of what we do. If FedEx unionizes they'll have to work like we do. They don't want that. They might talk it but wont walk it. They want to be union, but continue to work like they do now. Not gonna happen.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
All I can say is this...If this bill rules against FDX and the express division unionizes then wouldn't they have the best job in the world? Union wages plus their workload would make being a FDX courier a highly sought after position.

TheDick

Found the section that is causing Freddy to freak out.
HR 915 RFS
1 SEC. 806. EXPRESS CARRIER EMPLOYEE PROTECTION.
2 (a) IN GENERAL.—Section 201 of the Railway Labor
3 Act (45 U.S.C. 181) is amended—
4 (1) by striking ‘‘All’’ and inserting ‘‘(a) IN
5 GENERAL.—All’’;
6 (2) by inserting ‘‘and every express carrier’’
7 after ‘‘common carrier by air’’; and
8 (3) by adding at the end the following:
9 ‘‘(b) SPECIAL RULES FOR EXPRESS CARRIERS.—
10 ‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—An employee of an express
11 carrier shall be covered by this Act only if that em12
ployee is in a position that is eligible for certification
13 under part 61, 63, or 65 of title 14, Code of Federal
14 Regulations, and only if that employee performs du15
ties for the express carrier that are eligible for such
16 certification. All other employees of an express car17
rier shall be covered by the provisions of the Na18
tional Labor Relations Act (29 U.S.C. 151 et seq.).
19 ‘‘(2) AIR CARRIER STATUS.—Any person that is
20 an express carrier shall be governed by paragraph
21 (1) notwithstanding any finding that the person is
22 also a common carrier by air.
23 ‘‘(3) EXPRESS CARRIER DEFINED.—In this sec24
tion, the term ‘express carrier’ means any person (or
25 persons affiliated through common control or owner26
ship) whose primary business is the express ship-
VerDate Nov 24 2008 23:02 Jun 01, 2009 Jkt 079200 PO 00000 Frm 00264 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 E:\BILLS\H915.RFS H915 jlentini on PROD1PC65 with BILLS
HR 915 RFS
1 ment of freight or packages through an integrated
2 network of air and surface transportation.’’.
3 (b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT.—Section 1 of such
4 Act (45 U.S.C. 151) is amended in the first paragraph
5 by striking ‘‘, any express company that would have been
6 subject to subtitle IV of title 49, United States Code, as
7 of December 31, 1995,’’.

Say did anybody hear a rumor that if Mcain won the election that Freddy would've gotten the Sec of State job-i mean he is a Texas boy yeah?

705red

Browncafe Steward
All I can say is this...If this bill rules against FDX and the express division unionizes then wouldn't they have the best job in the world? Union wages plus their workload would make being a FDX courier a highly sought after position.
When the bill passes it does not mean that FedEx would unionize. Its highly likely that some will and some parts will not. But it has taken us as UPSers many contracts to get to our wages, and contract in place as it is and to think that they would ne near us in their first contract would be almost impossible.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
If the Express division secures a union contract (the wages gotta be better than what they are getting now) why wouldn't all parts of the Express unit not follow?

If I was in one part of the country that wasn't organized I sure would want to read the details of that bargaining agreement. It wouldn't take long for FDX drivers to raise the union idea and get on that bandwagon.

But this is putting the cart before the horse. When is the ruling?,and do you think if FDX loses, will they tie things up with appeal after appeal? You know they aren't just going to roll over because of an unfavorable ruling.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If the Express division secures a union contract (the wages gotta be better than what they are getting now) why wouldn't all parts of the Express unit not follow?

If I was in one part of the country that wasn't organized I sure would want to read the details of that bargaining agreement. It wouldn't take long for FDX drivers to raise the union idea and get on that bandwagon.

But this is putting the cart before the horse. When is the ruling?,and do you think if FDX loses, will they tie things up with appeal after appeal? You know they aren't just going to roll over because of an unfavorable ruling.
I have a great feeling that this will pass. Everyone I have talked to here has emailed or called our senators, however remember that Chicago is heavily democratic and our senators would vote in favor of it to begin with.

I'm not sure on when it gets voted on, but once a bill is passed its in writing. I do not believe that you can appeal a piece of legislation.

You have right to work states were they are not union friendly and this is a real reason that makes it harder to organize on a national level.

But its positive that once one area gets a contract others will follow, similar to UPS Freight. Here in Chicago we have been out on informational leafleting FedEx facilities for the last several years. So once this bill passes maybe we would be one of the first locals to attempt to unionize?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Everyone of us should copy our posts that we have submitted to that blog and put them here or in a new thread so maybe our Pr firm can put together a nice comeback that was actually well thought out.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Here is the best one ( not sure if anyone pointed this out yet )

brownbailout.com

"Methodology: This poll of 800 registered voters was conducted June 2-3 regarding attitudes toward current legislation pertaining to overnight package delivery. The margin of error of the poll is +/- 3.46%. It was conducted by Public Opinion Strategies of Alexandria, VA."

The "public opinion poll" on the website was put together so successfully by the Public Opinion strategies of Alexandria, VA, a far right-wing polling group.

"About half of our research is dedicated to winning elections. Our political client base includes 20 U.S. Senators, eight Governors, more than fifty Members of Congress, and numerous state legislative caucuses. The other half of our work is involved in complex public policy battles, working with industry coalitions, government entities and private companies. This work extends to corporate image, community relations, and crisis management research for local companies, Fortune 500 corporations and industry associations throughout the country."