FedEx cry babies

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
What's up, guys. Lurker here for a while. I'm a Home Delivery driver in a semi urban area. Paid per stop, not the hour. I do 27-30 stops an hour and 175 +/- a day. Everyday is roughly 9 hours from the moment I walk in the terminal till I leave. So roughly 45 hours a week, sometimes 50 or so, sometimes 40 or less. I gross $1100-$1200 a week. Including loading my own truck, that's a range of $22-$30 an hour. No OT, but oh well. Can't have it all.

FedEx isn't for the lazy if you want to make any money. I don't know why everyone cries so much. It's not a career, but if you need a quick job you can walk in to off the street and make over $50K a year at, it's perfect.

Just wanted to clarify that not all of us are whiney, complaining babies.

Purplepackage

What's up, guys. Lurker here for a while. I'm a Home Delivery driver in a semi urban area. Paid per stop, not the hour. I do 27-30 stops an hour and 175 +/- a day. Everyday is roughly 9 hours from the moment I walk in the terminal till I leave. So roughly 45 hours a week, sometimes 50 or so, sometimes 40 or less. I gross $1100-$1200 a week. Including loading my own truck, that's a range of $22-$30 an hour. No OT, but oh well. Can't have it all.

FedEx isn't for the lazy if you want to make any money. I don't know why everyone cries so much. It's not a career, but if you need a quick job you can walk in to off the street and make over $50K a year at, it's perfect.

Well for one Im very impressed with 30 stops an hour, I assume your speeding excessively and running at every stop.

Also you won't see me complaining and I'm even working tomorrow, since I get paid by the hour I get over time and since its Sunday that means no commits so I can drive safely, not run and still soak up the OT

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Well for one Im very impressed with 30 stops an hour, I assume your speeding excessively and running at every stop.

Also you won't see me complaining and I'm even working tomorrow, since I get paid by the hour I get over time and since its Sunday that means no commits so I can drive safely, not run and still soak up the OT

Running, yes. Speeding no. I have a CDL-A and don't know how a moving violation in a non-CDL CMV would affect my CSA score, so I always follow the rules. Seat belt too. Just have to know your area well enough to not use the directions they give you and plot your own route, and load your truck accordingly for how you'll do your route.

robdabanks

You can do 30 stops and hour when the HD guys kick all their OS packages over to ground. Most of the HD guys don't even carry a hand truck.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
You can do 30 stops and hour when the HD guys kick all their OS packages over to ground. Most of the HD guys don't even carry a hand truck.

I get a lot of big boxes, but I don't hand truck them. Unlike many fedexers I can bump a dock. Anything residential, I just back in and carry it.

Purplepackage

Running, yes. Speeding no. I have a CDL-A and don't know how a moving violation in a non-CDL CMV would affect my CSA score, so I always follow the rules. Seat belt too. Just have to know your area well enough to not use the directions they give you and plot your own route, and load your truck accordingly for how you'll do your route.

Yeah I load my own truck and don't use directions or any pre planned route since we don't have that at my station. I comfortably do 13-15 stops an hour because for one I'm not it a rush and even though I can do more than that I'm not going to run my route at 120% so my manager thinks I'll do that everyday.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Yeah I load my own truck and don't use directions or any pre planned route since we don't have that at my station. I comfortably do 13-15 stops an hour because for one I'm not it a rush and even though I can do more than that I'm not going to run my route at 120% so my manager thinks I'll do that everyday.

I'm paid by the stop. If you've ever watched swamp people, they're all concerned about tagging out because if they don't they won't get as many tags for next year. That's how I view it. More stops is more money in the envelope.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yeah, right. Who does 30 stops per hour? Do you just deliver high rise apartment buildings? Oh, I guess not, because you said you work in a semi-urban area. I'm calling BS.

The Ground/HD business model doesn't work at that level of pay. Perhaps you need a new calculator.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Yeah, right. Who does 30 stops per hour? Do you just deliver high rise apartment buildings? Oh, I guess not, because you said you work in a semi-urban area. I'm calling BS.

The Ground/HD business model doesn't work at that level of pay. Perhaps you need a new calculator.

On Saturdays with all my businesses still on the pallet, 30 stops all day long. During the week, the businesses take a little longer, which cuts it down to 27/per hour or so. For 175 stops, I average 50 miles.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
If you have a CDL, you really should be putting that to use. Make more money working half as hard.

I'm home everyday for dinner. OTR isn't worth the time spent away from the family. I have a new job lined up after the summer. Anyone who considers FXGround a career is an idiot. Way too unstable, and you're not even an employee. Not trying to justify the practice, but if you need a well paying job, it's not a bad gig. I definitely wouldn't work for flat rate salary. I'm a go getter, and the per stop basis lets me get paid accordingly. If a contractor paid his guys hourly with OT, too many lazy people would take their sweet ass time and not try very hard because they were on the clock. How much you make is totally up to the driver in the per stop basis. I'm not wealthy, but I certainly do okay.

Purplepackage

I'm home everyday for dinner. OTR isn't worth the time spent away from the family. I have a new job lined up after the summer. Anyone who considers FXGround a career is an idiot. Way too unstable, and you're not even an employee. Not trying to justify the practice, but if you need a well paying job, it's not a bad gig. I definitely wouldn't work for flat rate salary. I'm a go getter, and the per stop basis lets me get paid accordingly. If a contractor paid his guys hourly with OT, too many lazy people would take their sweet ass time and not try very hard because they were on the clock. How much you make is totally up to the driver in the per stop basis. I'm not wealthy, but I certainly do okay.

If doing less than 30 stops an hour makes you lazy then I guess you are right

MAKAVELI

And when you break your leg from running, I'm sure workers comp will pay you per stop as well. :censored2:;)