FedEx cry babies

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
People half ass things because runners like you establish unrealistic expectations from management who expect everyone to be like that. Same holds true in law enforcement... you have guys that catch a case once a month and other who catch hundreds. Im gonna tell you a little secret, the guys who catch hundreds have pss poor results but the guy who takes his time and lets the case make itself, will always come out on top.
Well, paid per stop makes it a dog eat dog world. I want as many washingtons in my paycheck as possible. If a guy is happy doing 100 stops and taking 10 hours to do it, good for him. Not me. I want as much money as possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Well, paid per stop makes it a dog eat dog world. I want as many washingtons in my paycheck as possible. If a guy is happy doing 100 stops and taking 10 hours to do it, good for him. Not me. I want as much money as possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

Well have fun with that, it's not all about the money sometimes. I work to live, not live to work. You can't all your toys with you when you go but the time with family and those important milestones will live on through others. That's a true legacy bro, if you are going into FED LE, then good luck and be safe out there.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Self centered? If I were self centered, I wouldn't be busting my ass everyday for half of the union mandated going rate to provide a comfortable living for my family.

Egotistical? Negativity spreads like wildfire. There's absolutely no need to be negative about the job that you willing chose. I will call any complainers out immediately. No one wants to work in a negative environment. Imagine how much better work would be everyday if it wasn't full of peopling whining about how bad it is.

You're a good boy, aren't you?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1431224890.742100.jpg

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Not negative, realistic. Have some respect for reality my friend. Go ahead and call me out you :censored2:, I'll just go slower.

Wasn't calling you out. I don't know why it added your quote to the post. Still learning this out. And you knob gobbler, I'm not a :censored2:. Haha

l22

Wasn't calling you out. I don't know why it added your quote to the post. Still learning this out. And you knob gobbler, I'm not a :censored2:. Haha

I apologize. We're all just trying to help you out is all, I can see how that is hard to realize though with tones like the one I had - regardless of whether your reply intentionally added my quote to the post or not. I stand by what I said before that though... Just make your money and get out of there, but don't hurt yourself and don't run - take your time. And most of all, don't try and act like you know what the rest of Fedex is like. Maybe you are making a little money from it, there are plenty of other ways to make money though - ones that don't work you to the bone.

Last edited:

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
I apologize. We're all just trying to help you out is all, I can see how that is hard to realize though with tones like the one I had.
All in good fun, man. No worries. Rough life running boxes. Sure beats the alternatives though. UPS is better, hands down. Everyone hates FedEx, even the customers. I thought I was going to be working for a Grade A company with a good reputation, boy was I wrong. But a job is a job. Keeps the lights turned on and food in the refrigerator.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Imagine how much better work would be everyday if it wasn't full of peopling whining about how bad it is.
I imagine how much better work would be every day if Fred and Co. wouldn't have jerked the rug out from under us the way they did.

What may be difficult to realize at the age of 29, is that it's not quite as easy for long time employees who are advanced well beyond that age to "if you dont like it just quit. Plain and simple" It's not that "plain and simple" for those who have already expended the vast majority of their working lives here. Some of us are left to just pick up the pieces and limp to the finish line.

Believe me, if I were 29 I'd heed your sage advice and walk tomorrow. Unfortunately, I turned 29 (while working at Federal Express) sometime during the Reagan administration (a U.S. president many many moons ago).

Best of luck to you in your law enforcement career

Last edited:

whenIgetthere

30sph is easy in urban resi areas, it's all about stop density... I normally run 16-17sph, but with peak and mothers day type volume I hit 25sph easily. With the right route this guy in Cali is probably delivering a ton of amazon crap to some rich Cali wives. All you need is a couple decent apartment complexes and you drop 10-15 off in a few minutes.

Your route sounds like mine. I have one fairly wealthy section that is about three miles by two miles. Most days, I will have 3 or 4 P1, and 20 to 25 P2 in that area. My route varies between 15 and 16.5 SPH. depending on day of the week. During peak, I was getting about 10 P1, and about 90 P2 in that area. Friday, I had about 65 P2 in that area.

dezguy

LOL bragging about having to do close to 200 stops, running to each, in order to break $1000/week (which I'm seriously doubting). FedEx loves suckers like this guy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL bragging about having to do close to 200 stops, running to each, in order to break $1000/week (which I'm seriously doubting). FedEx loves suckers like this guy.

This guy is full of crap. 30 SPH in a semi-urban area? That is two minutes per stop. even in a dense subdivision, you've got at least a minute of drive time/package selection time/walk to the house time etc. And what are the chances of having a route that dense with the mileage he is claiming...ZERO.

This whole discussion is based on a BS lie.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
If someone followed him around and video'd him on his route it'd probably look like one of those old-fashioned silent movies

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This guy is full of crap. 30 SPH in a semi-urban area? That is two minutes per stop. even in a dense subdivision, you've got at least a minute of drive time/package selection time/walk to the house time etc. And what are the chances of having a route that dense with the mileage he is claiming...ZERO.

This whole discussion is based on a BS lie.
Even if you had that kind of density, you'd have take into account that not every package is "throw and go." There's DSR's, ISR's and C.O.D.'s that will slow you down like quicksand and not everyone is available to sign for you pronto on the spot either. Oh yeah and figure in surprise traffic conditions, road construction and all the other hoops that happen every day, this 30 stops per hour is a huge exaggeration (I would say BS but I'm trying my hardest to be nice here.)

Not even Clark Kent could do this many stops.

Purplepackage

I didn't mean to start a fight about the stops you can do, I'm sure you can hit 30 stops and hour if you have 5 stops on 6 streets that are tight city blocks.

It's been a long time since I have had a large urban route. I have a huge rural route now with 1 town in the middle of it so in town I can do 20 stops in an hour only because the streets are tight. In the country it's more of about 8 stops an hour since one road out there can stretch for miles.