FedEx cry babies

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
And when you break your leg from running, I'm sure workers comp will pay you per stop as well. :censored2:;)

Well I could make $140 a week at UPS part tim and wait a few years to get selected to drive. Work some other crappy job for the time being and scrape buy. I'll take the bigger paycheck now. Especially because it's a temporary job for me. I have benefits from the VA so I don't need them from my employer. And after the summer, it's off to make more money at my new job.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Well I could make $140 a week at UPS part tim and wait a few years to get selected to drive. Work some other crappy job for the time being and scrape buy. I'll take the bigger paycheck now. Especially because it's a temporary job for me. I have benefits from the VA so I don't need them from my employer. And after the summer, it's off to make more money at my new job.

Be sure to check back in and tell us how you are doing.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Be sure to check back in and tell us how you are doing.
It's a government job, already hired. Just couldn't get an academy date till after the summer.

Didn't mean to stir up so much drama, but I just don't understand why everyone cries about fedex. If you don't like it, leave. Nothing's keeping you there but you. If you don't like it, quit. Plain and simple. I don't love it, don't hate it. If I made brown's paycheck, I'd really love it.

l22

What's up, guys. Lurker here for a while. I'm a Home Delivery driver in a semi urban area. Paid per stop, not the hour. I do 27-30 stops an hour and 175 +/- a day. Everyday is roughly 9 hours from the moment I walk in the terminal till I leave. So roughly 45 hours a week, sometimes 50 or so, sometimes 40 or less. I gross $1100-$1200 a week. Including loading my own truck, that's a range of $22-$30 an hour. No OT, but oh well. Can't have it all.

FedEx isn't for the lazy if you want to make any money. I don't know why everyone cries so much. It's not a career, but if you need a quick job you can walk in to off the street and make over $50K a year at, it's perfect.

Just wanted to clarify that not all of us are whiney, complaining babies.

Lmao. Guys like you are what helps me be sure that I need to go slower and never worry about lates, gaps or any other crap. How blind do you have to be to not see that you are being exploited as both a worker and human being in general. Yeah, making some money when you need some is a good thing, but it is still messed up the way workers like yourself have to go to these lengths to get it. PLEASE, try questioning some things and don't be brainwashed. Skepticism a good thing.

By The Book

So you are off to your new job after the summer? You are leaving Fedx after you say doing 30 SPORH is no big deal? I think even you know you can't keep that pace for 20 to 30 years, you are smart to get out now, but don't kick your fellow workers in the teeth because they choose not to do 27 to 30 stops per hour. The veterans who have made a career out of this know you have to pace yourself, it's a marathon not a sprint.

l22

So you are off to your new job after the summer? You are leaving Fedx after you say doing 30 SPORH is no big deal? I think even you know you can't keep that pace for 20 to 30 years, you are smart to get out now, but don't kick your fellow workers in the teeth because they choose not to do 27 to 30 stops per hour. The veterans who have made a career out of this know you have to pace yourself, it's a marathon not a sprint.

If you keep up that supposed pace, sooner or later, you WILL get in an accident, no questions about it. And you know what will happen then? You will either get disciplined or you will lose your job and they will find someone else. If you get killed out there or become disabled to the point where you can no longer walk or even just do the functions of the job, they will just find someone else. You are just another number to them. PLEASE, take your time out there and be home safe.

Last edited:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
What's up, guys. Lurker here for a while. I'm a Home Delivery driver in a semi urban area. Paid per stop, not the hour. I do 27-30 stops an hour and 175 +/- a day. Everyday is roughly 9 hours from the moment I walk in the terminal till I leave. So roughly 45 hours a week, sometimes 50 or so, sometimes 40 or less. I gross $1100-$1200 a week. Including loading my own truck, that's a range of $22-$30 an hour. No OT, but oh well. Can't have it all.

FedEx isn't for the lazy if you want to make any money. I don't know why everyone cries so much. It's not a career, but if you need a quick job you can walk in to off the street and make over $50K a year at, it's perfect.

Just wanted to clarify that not all of us are whiney, complaining babies.

What if I told you...

I don't do any of the crap you mentioned and netted what, you gross in a week. What if I told you, I'm still a crybaby?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1431222535.858265.jpg

l22

If you keep up that supposed pace, sooner or later, you WILL get in an accident, no questions about it. And you know what will happen then? You will either get disciplined or you will lose your job and they will find someone else. If you get killed out there or become disabled to the point where you can no longer walk or even just do the functions of the job, they will just find someone else. You are just another number to them. PLEASE, take your time out there and be home safe.

And please, don't take what everyone here is saying the wrong way. You may think some people on here are taunting you. They're just trying to help you see what they have seen throughout the years.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
And please, don't take what everyone here is saying the wrong way. You may think some people on here are taunting you. They're just trying to help you see what they have seen throughout the years.
An academy date? Please tell me that some law enforcement agency didn't hire a self-centered egotistical reknob like you.

Self centered? If I were self centered, I wouldn't be busting my ass everyday for half of the union mandated going rate to provide a comfortable living for my family.

Egotistical? Negativity spreads like wildfire. There's absolutely no need to be negative about the job that you willing chose. I will call any complainers out immediately. No one wants to work in a negative environment. Imagine how much better work would be everyday if it wasn't full of peopling whining about how bad it is.

vantexan

When I was 27 I once delivered 19 stops in 24 minutes in a 36 story building I had never been in before. Bldg had fast elevators and I ran like a maniac. If I'm a whiner for thinking working like that is crazy so be it. Sooner or later you get hurt or you hurt others. And most couriers just don't have routes that condensed. You just don't know the beauty of doing 5 stops per hour, enjoying the scenery, listening to Sirius satellite radio.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I never once said I was a superstar. But there's a different between the guy who works the whole shift at 100% and the guy who shows up late and half asses everything, then complains about everything.

People half ass things because runners like you establish unrealistic expectations from management who expect everyone to be like that. Same holds true in law enforcement... you have guys that catch a case once a month and other who catch hundreds. Im gonna tell you a little secret, the guys who catch hundreds have pss poor results but the guy who takes his time and lets the case make itself, will always come out on top.

SmithBarney

Yeah, right. Who does 30 stops per hour? Do you just deliver high rise apartment buildings? Oh, I guess not, because you said you work in a semi-urban area. I'm calling BS.

The Ground/HD business model doesn't work at that level of pay. Perhaps you need a new calculator.
30sph is easy in urban resi areas, it's all about stop density... I normally run 16-17sph, but with peak and mothers day type volume I hit 25sph easily. With the right route this guy in Cali is probably delivering a ton of amazon crap to some rich Cali wives. All you need is a couple decent apartment complexes and you drop 10-15 off in a few minutes.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
There is a difference however fedex no longer sees one. I'm just curious how old you are?

29. Did 10 years in the military, walked away after having a family. Needed something quick to hold me over until I begin my real career. Maybe I'm ruthless because I'm used to things sucking a whole lot worse than a van full of boxes. This job sucks, but if you can plot your own stops and work fast, you can make pretty good money.

SmithBarney

On Saturdays with all my businesses still on the pallet, 30 stops all day long. During the week, the businesses take a little longer, which cuts it down to 27/per hour or so. For 175 stops, I average 50 miles.

If you are only running 50 miles according to the Express matrix you are underperforming running about 80% so pick up the pace.