FedEx cry babies

Overpaid Union Thug

You have commented on your portliness. Maybe windsprints wouldn't be a bad idea.
Why is it your concern that I am briefly talking to customers all of the sudden? How does that concern have any bearing on the comments I have made in this discussion? Don't bother answering. I will answer for you. You didn't like it that I mentioned the dangerous antics one of your fellow RPS drivers so you attempted to shift the focus on to me because I am a UPS driver. Well, you have failed. You haven't exposed any wrong doing on part part whatsoever.

And now, because your attempt to shift the focus to me has failed, you are resorting to stating that I'm too fat to run windsprints. LOL! Meanwhile..... I'm ACTUALLY in better condition to run windsprints than the majority of people in America that are my age AND you STILL haven't provided a valid rebuttle to my factual comments about the dangerous antics of a local HD driver. And the most important question that should be asked here is why would you defend such a person (which is basically what you're doing by trying to shift the focus off of him and onto me)???

STFXG

Why is it your concern that I am briefly talking to customers all of the sudden? How does that concern have any bearing on the comments I have made in this discussion? Don't bother answering. I will answer for you. You didn't like it that I mentioned the dangerous antics one of your fellow RPS drivers so you attempted to shift the focus on to me because I am a UPS driver. Well, you have failed. You haven't exposed any wrong doing on part part whatsoever.

And now, because your attempt to shift the focus to me has failed, you are resorting to stating that I'm too fat to run windsprints. LOL! Meanwhile..... I'm ACTUALLY in better condition to run windsprints than the majority of people in America that are my age AND you STILL haven't provided a valid rebuttle to my factual comments about the dangerous antics of a local HD driver. And the most important question that should be asked here is why would you defend such a person (which is basically what you're doing by trying to shift the focus off of him and onto me)???

Fatty.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
This whole thread is just ragging on the OP for being productive. It's no wonder Ground is growing and taking market share so fast. Everyone else has hourly employees that seem to brag about how slow they go and justify it by claiming they are following proper methods.
I think all of us know full well that the shift in market share has absolutely zero to do with the performance (or lack there of) of the employees of either opco. To believe otherwise is silly.

Things are exactly as they are because the Powers That Be have dictated it to be so.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This whole thread is just ragging on the OP for being productive. It's no wonder Ground is growing and taking market share so fast. Everyone else has hourly employees that seem to brag about how slow they go and justify it by claiming they are following proper methods. You can be safe and productive at the same time. 30 sph is not a sustainable pace, but high 20's is pretty realistic, especially with HD out of a step van.
No, it's no wonder that Ground has more serious accidents than any other FedEx opco. It's only growing because of uncle Fred's scam and support from paid off politicians he has in his pockets.

vantexan

This whole thread is just ragging on the OP for being productive. It's no wonder Ground is growing and taking market share so fast. Everyone else has hourly employees that seem to brag about how slow they go and justify it by claiming they are following proper methods. You can be safe and productive at the same time. 30 sph is not a sustainable pace, but high 20's is pretty realistic, especially with HD out of a step van.
20 SPH you're hustling. 24 sph you're running, which takes away focus from safety. 27 sph you're being foolish. Unless of course you're in an extremely condensed area delivering documents. Few if any parking issues, traffic snarls, irate customers. Don't assume, as the OP seems to, that all routes are similar. Some are very productive doing 12 sph because their route dictates 10. The OP's problem is he's young and full of himself, thinking he's superior and always will be. He'll find out.

bbsam

Staff member

Ummm...I don't care.

TUT

Im gonna tell you a little secret, the guys who catch hundreds have pss poor results but the guy who takes his time and lets the case make itself, will always come out on top.

It's neither, its balance like anything else. The guy that does one, we can't afford since nothing would get done.

It will be fine

I think all of us know full well that the shift in market share has absolutely zero to do with the performance (or lack there of) of the employees of either opco. To believe otherwise is silly.

Things are exactly as they are because the Powers That Be have dictated it to be so.
You don't think increased productivity makes an impact on cost? We gain market share because we're cheap and HD provides Saturday delivery at the same price. Driver performance has everything to do with market share.

l22

Specious reasoning at its finest.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
30sph is easy in urban resi areas, it's all about stop density... I normally run 16-17sph, but with peak and mothers day type volume I hit 25sph easily. With the right route this guy in Cali is probably delivering a ton of amazon crap to some rich Cali wives. All you need is a couple decent apartment complexes and you drop 10-15 off in a few minutes.

Yeah, but he's talking about over the course of each workweek. There's no way in Hell he averages that on a consistent basis even if he cuts corners on Ground's already laughable methods.

Even with the planets lined up properly to show that such performance might be mathematically possible, the body is going to slow down over the course of the day from doing so many stops. This guy is full of it.