Fedex Dissolving Routes

In my station Fedex is dissolving routes and forcing senior employees off of their routes and making them choose to either take worse routes that are open, or go on an unpaid leave of absence and retire. I thought seniority counted for something, but Fedex says it doesn't in this case. Anyone seen anything similar since the Amazon drop?

zeev

In my station Fedex is dissolving routes and forcing senior employees off of their routes and making them choose to either take worse routes that are open, or go on an unpaid leave of absence and retire. I thought seniority counted for something, but Fedex says it doesn't in this case. Anyone seen anything similar since the Amazon drop?
No contract no rights, tell employees they love them till there no longer needed.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Grieve it .....

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Whats LWOP?
Leave without pay. FXG uses that term all the time.

Ah FXE, I thought it was the calm before the back to school sales ramp up...

A fellow FXG driver is hesitant to switch because he needs the FT hours for his family. He already applied, but they're not giving him a guarantee that he'll be FT

Star B

White Lightening
LWOP galore around here. newbs and swings fighting for hours.
Hell, I wouldn't fight for hours.

Want me to go home? That's fine with me! I'll take my mins!

This is the crap we need public or at least internal public around SFA time. There's no amount of food in the world that will shake the couriers doubts of the company when they are staring at other couriers staring at the cameras going "Well, the company killed my route and told me to unpaid until I retire... PSP my ass"

Yeah, I know SFA is a worthless internal survey but what other tools do we have as couriers (well, other than quitting and letting the ship sink?) to voice our concerns. I mean, unless we get the teamsters or IAM to start getting serious with us again, nothing is going to shake management.

bacha29

Starting to sound like FXG which goes to great lengths to make certain that you understand that there's not a single term or condition in the transportation supply contract it considers binding upon itself due to the fact that there's no governing legal authority in existence with the power to make it binding,
At FXE you might find a certain set of company policies and protocols in your employee handbook but who in the hell's going to make them abide by them.

Same old thing guys.....nothing's binding. And that fact is really going to come into play now that the entire industry is in a race to the bottom of the cheap labor zero benefit "final mile" sector of the business. And unfortunately a lot innocent people who have served their employer's well could come away with little or nothing to show for all those years of blind devotion.

542thruNthru

Want my copy of the FedEx contract book? I believe under Article 18 they can't do that.
20190809223717.jpg

Leave without pay. FXG uses that term all the time.

Ah FXE, I thought it was the calm before the back to school sales ramp up...

A fellow FXG driver is hesitant to switch because he needs the FT hours for his family. He already applied, but they're not giving him a guarantee that he'll be FT
FXG driver is wise. These people are not to be trusted.

Starting to sound like FXG which goes to great lengths to make certain that you understand that there's not a single term or condition in the transportation supply contract it considers binding upon itself due to the fact that there's no governing legal authority in existence with the power to make it binding,
At FXE you might find a certain set of company policies and protocols in your employee handbook but who in the hell's going to make them abide by them.

Same old thing guys.....nothing's binding. And that fact is really going to come into play now that the entire industry is in a race to the bottom of the cheap labor zero benefit "final mile" sector of the business. And unfortunately a lot innocent people who have served their employer's well could come away with little or nothing to show for all those years of blind devotion.
Great response Bacha and so true. An employees decades of service mean nothing now. And we were the ones working to make it possible for the people who manage us now to even get the job. Love the irony.

Whats in the Box

No slowdowns on stops here in North TX. Walmart, Target, BestBuy, Nike, and Adidas are keeping up very busy without Amazon in the "slowest" time of the year. On my 70resi/30bus route in a I average 120 dels and 15 pickups, so I drop all next day packages that are not due today to not bust the 12 hour limit