FedEx driver accused of abduction murder of 7 year old girl

bacha29

Yup, the supposedly pro worker Democrats used their majority power to strip the unions of their right to bargain on their contract.

I already told you:
It all started when Reagan busted the ATC union. Then again as a 30 year line sort package handler it's quite clear that Democrat labor laws have nevertheless been quite good to you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Then again as a 30 year line sort package handler it's quite clear that Democrat labor laws have nevertheless been quite good to you.
I am a truck driver for UPS and I haven't worked there for even close to 30 years. I suggest you try to not deflect to people's personal lives bacha. It makes it look like you aren't capable of intelligent conversation, and I know you are.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It all started when Reagan busted the ATC union.
No it didn't, Democrats have a long history of union busting, all the way back to the early 1900's. But that's irrelevant.

This happened in the year 2022, when the Democrats have majority power. Blaming a guy who is dead is just silliness.

yadig

No it didn't, Democrats have a long history of union busting, all the way back to the early 1900's. But that's irrelevant.

This happened in the year 2022, when the Democrats have majority power. Blaming a guy who is dead is just silliness.
It’s kinda silly to be talking bout Regan in the 80’s when Biden just “rail road” the unions! I’m angry bacha that it happened and it’s a signal for corporations that the unions are no longer much of a threat!

bacha29

It’s kinda silly to be talking bout Regan in the 80’s when Biden just “rail road” the unions! I’m angry bacha that it happened and it’s a signal for corporations that the unions are no longer much of a threat!
I got on the case of my state's AFL-CIO president about the diminishing presence of labor unions. I pointed to the fact that a sizeable portion of it's membership are public sector employees. The reason that exists is because the courts of my state ruled in the unions favor and public sector employers had no recourse but to allow them to organize. It was simply a "here public sector employer sign on the dotted line"... it was easy money for the labor unions. .

Out in the private sector employers have far more numerous and far more effective counter measures and unions have become quite gun shy. Don't want to risk getting sued for big bucks. So if you're a private sector employee and are willing to take all the risks sacrifice your present and future employment to get a union then the union people will come in after all the heavy lifting is done and all danger has passed.

After giving me the "him haw" and all the "gee gosh" he had no choice but to come out and admit these facts. However, he did point and correctly that the GOP stacked courts have severely reduced the organizing power of the unions. There are simply fewer laws that support the right to collective bargaining.

Nolimitz

How does any of this have to do a dead little girl?

train.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Any time @DriveInDriveOut gets involved the thread always runs off the rails into a political pissing contest.

He needs to join a political science forum instead.
6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

bacha29

Bacha is suggesting this murder will result in proposed legislation ending the independent contractor model.

What are your thoughts?
Let me for the zillionth time correct you. I said that it might end up with new legislation created rules of engagement that limits the sectors and operating environments where independent contractors can operate such as close in interaction with the public such as residential package delivery.

I realize that this site is a key source of FREE entertainment for you. It's not meant to be used that way. And if is in fact estate property of a deceased individual and has liquidity it might not be around much longer.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bacha is suggesting this murder will result in proposed legislation ending the independent contractor model.
I said that it might end up with new legislation created rules of engagement that limits the sectors and operating environments where independent contractors can operate such as close in interaction with the public such as residential package delivery.
That's what I just said bacha.

bbsam

Staff member
FedEx isn’t wrong imo.
Feel free to disagree but the individual could pass a background check. HR isn’t going door to door in this fools neighborhood to find out the gossip about him. That would be unreasonable requirement for a company to hire someone.

It’s absolutely disgusting and my thoughts are with that little girls mother and father who probably still have her Xmas gifts stashed in the house absolutely destroyed right now.

I praise law enforcement for their quick response and hope the death penalty on this sicko.
He needs to be put down like the animal he is.
Ok. Let’s say all of that is true.

What does adding the bit about contracting with Joe’s Delivery Service is necessary to the story? What does it add and for who’s benefit?

bacha29

That's what I just said bacha.
Let me try one more time. I NEVER said that new legislation may serve to totally eliminate the use of independent contractors . What I did say was that it might limit when and where they can be used. We'll see what happens there.

Now here is the flash point. FDX continues to set and enforce the standards of conduct and behavior of another company's employees. And to this point it's getting away with it. It demands full contractor employee subjugation to the same conduct and behavior rules that it requires of it's own corporate employees.

Some contractors provide their employees with an employee handbook spelling out the contractors terms of employment including it's rules and disciplines. The truth of the matter is that it's not the contractor's rules.....It's FDX rules in a handbook printed at the expense of....guess who?.....The contractor.

As for the place and standing of the individual contractor.....I told the new director of contractor relations right to his face.
" Migrant farm workers have better protection under the law than FXG contractors" . His response? he stood there in silence and after awhile he finally said....."I cannot argue that point". He knew the contract offered the contractor no protection legal or otherwise. And he left the company not long afterward.

Now in regard to this murder case. New question the contractor is going to get sued and will be lucky if he isn't brought up on charges If the contractor was smart he would copy the New Mexico case . Immediately closeup shop dissolve the corporation and try to salvage as much cash as he can out of it. I know that FDX finally had to provide contractors with workman's comp coverage.
The question is....does it also provide general business liability coverage?

Perhaps Sam or IWBF can answer that question.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let me try one more time. I NEVER said that new legislation may serve to totally eliminate the use of independent contractors . What I did say was that it might limit when and where they can be used. We'll see what happens there.

Now here is the flash point. FDX continues to set and enforce the standards of conduct and behavior of another company's employees. And to this point it's getting away with it. It demands full contractor employee subjugation to the same conduct and behavior rules that it requires of it's own corporate employees.

Some contractors provide their employees with an employee handbook spelling out the contractors terms of employment including it's rules and disciplines. The truth of the matter is that it's not the contractor's rules.....It's FDX rules in a handbook printed at the expense of....guess who?.....The contractor.

As for the place and standing of the individual contractor.....I told the new director of contractor relations right to his face.
" Migrant farm workers have better protection under the law than FXG contractors" . His response? he stood there in silence and after awhile he finally said....."I cannot argue that point". He knew the contract offered the contractor no protection legal or otherwise. And he left the company not long afterward.

Now in regard to this murder case. New question the contractor is going to get sued and will be lucky if he isn't brought up on charges If the contractor was smart he would copy the New Mexico case . Immediately closeup shop dissolve the corporation and try to salvage as much cash as he can out of it. I know that FDX finally had to provide contractors with workman's comp coverage.
The question is....does it also provide general business liability coverage?

Perhaps Sam or IWBF can answer that question.
Another long rambling post where you attempt to disagree with me, but instead you take 10x the words to say the same thing as I did.

bacha29

Another long rambling post where you attempt to disagree with me, but instead you take 10x the words to say the same thing as I did.
No I did NOT say the same thing you did. You have wrongly accused me of say that the end result will be a blanket elimination of all independent contractors in all sectors of the economy. I did not say that. What did say it that there may be new restrictions prohibiting the use of IC's in certain sectors of the economy.

What is correct however is your continued use of this site as an instrument of free entertainment . I don't know what you'll do if the estate of the deceased owner decides to sell this site and it becomes used for purposes other than this.