FedEx going hard for UPS shippers

BrownFury

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but apparently I’ve had FedEx sales reps tailing me during my pickups since the beginning of the year.

Handful of my pickups told me minutes after I leave a FedEx sales rep would hit them up about the possibility of a UPS strike and to prevent any disruption in their shipments they should switch and there was no guarantee they would be picked up if/when the strike happens if they didn’t switch.

I reported this, but this has to be the most BS thing I’ve seen. I did lose 2 pretty big pick ups last month and now I know why they left.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but apparently I’ve had FedEx sales reps tailing me during my pickups since the beginning of the year.

Handful of my pickups told me minutes after I leave a FedEx sales rep would hit them up about the possibility of a UPS strike and to prevent any disruption in their shipments they should switch and there was no guarantee they would be picked up if/when the strike happens if they didn’t switch.

I reported this, but this has to be the most BS thing I’ve seen. I did lose 2 pretty big pick ups last month and now I know why they left.
Go back to those accounts and show them videos of FedEx drivers dumping packages on the side of the road or in ditches and ask them if that's the kind of customer service they want.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Go back to those accounts and show them videos of FedEx drivers dumping packages on the side of the road or in ditches and ask them if that's the kind of customer service they want.
No side has clean hands when it comes to that. It just happens more at FedEx.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If you were Fedx what would you do?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
No side has clean hands when it comes to that. It just happens more at FedEx.
That may be true but, if it happens more at one place than another that means it's a bigger problem for that company and, by extension, means less or worse customer service. So why go with the one that is worse.

ManInBrown

Nothing new. Every contract year fedex does this, but it does seem to be worst this year. A few drivers I talk to in feeders said a bunch of their pickups went from 10-15 skids a day down to a couple, customers moved to FedEx.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
That may be true but, if it happens more at one place than another that means it's a bigger problem for that company and, by extension, means less or worse customer service. So why go with the one that is worse.
Because shippers care more about price than service.

oldngray

nowhere special
Atlanta corporate could stop strike talk instantly. Make an offer the union can't refuse.
offer.gif

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
No. Hefty pension increase.
My father was in a union when he worked. He retired in 1966. When the active workers got a raise, He got the same amount on his pension check. The check amount (2 checks, actually) of my pension is the same as when I retired in 2015. No COLA. at least my SS adjusts every year for COLA. A pension COLA would be a nice addition.