FedEx going hard for UPS shippers

Doing time

Fed ex started targeting our small to mid level pick ups long before the strike talk. I feel like it started around the time they announced they we cutting ties with Amazon. They got a lot of them. I hate losing those customers. Ups offers discounts to larger shippers but never does anything to throw these customers a bone. Despite the fact that it’s a higher margin product. Every time they add gas surcharges etc, they never go away even when prices go back down. Etc. Let’s squeeze more out of the larger shippers and work retaining these customers.

Thebrownblob

Fed ex started targeting our small to mid level pick ups long before the strike talk. I feel like it started around the time they announced they we cutting ties with Amazon. They got a lot of them. I hate losing those customers. Ups offers discounts to larger shippers but never does anything to throw these customers a bone. Despite the fact that it’s a higher margin product. Every time they add gas surcharges etc, they never go away even when prices go back down. Etc. Let’s squeeze more out of the larger shippers and work retaining these customers.
They got their own labor problems

MassWineGuy

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but apparently I’ve had FedEx sales reps tailing me during my pickups since the beginning of the year.

Handful of my pickups told me minutes after I leave a FedEx sales rep would hit them up about the possibility of a UPS strike and to prevent any disruption in their shipments they should switch and there was no guarantee they would be picked up if/when the strike happens if they didn’t switch.

I reported this, but this has to be the most BS thing I’ve seen. I did lose 2 pretty big pick ups last month and now I know why they left.

As a FedEx driver, I know that nothing is too low for the company to do. For this, they’re telling customers they must commit by March 31st or risk being left behind.