FedEx Ground FMCSA Score Sucks

bbsam

Staff member
You won't need workmans comp if no one is willing to provide the other required coverages and there again you may have to self insure if you have to get your own authority.
Self insurance is not for those with good safety records. It's for those with big banks accounts.

Protective is actually very reasonable on rates for the vehicles.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But isn't that one of you big complaints? How bbsam is really an employee? But as soon as I point out the aspects where different contractors run their businesses more safely and efficiently, you want to fit the proverbial square peg in a round hole. Yes. Maybe Ivan and bacha and dvalleyjim need to get out. Maybe all Kmart and Sears stores need to close too.

Ivan and the rest of them are also employees. Fred passes off every cost he can to you, but you still belong to him.

Good try.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You need to understand the insurance world. If Ground's FMCSA scores suck, then you suck. That's the way it is.
That's...just dumb.
Oriental women are said to be terrible drivers----does this mean that every Oriental woman does not know how to drive?
Just like clockwork Upstate comes to bbsam's rescue holding his hand. Makes you feel kind of warm & fuzzy. Eh?

Anyway, my response is an insurance company's logic, not necessarily mine.

Sammy.....go tell your insurance company how dumb they are and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to lower your rates. Yeah.

bbsam

Staff member
Just like clockwork Upstate comes to bbsam's rescue holding his hand. Makes you feel kind of warm & fuzzy. Eh?

Anyway, my response is an insurance company's logic, not necessarily mine.

Sammy.....go tell your insurance company how dumb they are and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to lower your rates. Yeah.
Maybe MFE will explain it to you.

bacha29

In the midst of a possible insurance crisis bbsam starts bragging about his spotless safety record as if it mattered. Yet when somebody calls out both his safety record and more importantly his bravado notice how humble he suddenly becomes. Indeed Mr. bbsam you are not a disrupter. You a just another contractor with some additional routes along with an abundance of bombast, b.s. and bravado. but in the end you will do exactly as you're told by X because you simply lack the contract language needed to mount any meaningful opposition to their absolute will and power and that's what's wrong. Why not put our heads together and try to find a way to install some contract language that will better protect the additional capital requirements that you guys are required to fulfill?

bbsam

Staff member
In the midst of a possible insurance crisis bbsam starts bragging about his spotless safety record as if it mattered. Yet when somebody calls out both his safety record and more importantly his bravado notice how humble he suddenly becomes. Indeed Mr. bbsam you are not a disrupter. You a just another contractor with some additional routes along with an abundance of bombast, b.s. and bravado. but in the end you will do exactly as you're told by X because you simply lack the contract language needed to mount any meaningful opposition to their absolute will and power and that's what's wrong. Why not put our heads together and try to find a way to install some contract language that will better protect the additional capital requirements that you guys are required to fulfill?
So you are saying that our safety record doesn't matter? But weren't you the one talking about X years ago looking for another insurer and having no luck because of their crappy safety record? So.which one is it? Does the safety record matter or not?

bacha29

It was the overall safety record is what compelled Marsh/ Protective to decide to not renew the contract. While your own safety record is commendable it is the overall fleet record that applies and if as you say you are a participant in the program the collective experience rate good or bad applies. So if you think that you are being victimized by a poor fleet record then it would appear that you have three choices. Stay with Marsh/Protective. Go find another carrier , then of course it will have to be approved by X because they control everything or become self insured. So which way do you want it?

bbsam

Staff member
It was the overall safety record is what compelled Marsh/ Protective to decide to not renew the contract. While your own safety record is commendable it is the overall fleet record that applies and if as you say you are a participant in the program the collective experience rate good or bad applies. So if you think that you are being victimized by a poor fleet record then it would appear that you have three choices. Stay with Marsh/Protective. Go find another carrier , then of course it will have to be approved by X because they control everything or become self insured. So which way do you want it?
I have already stated that I moved on to another carrier that take into consideration contracted entity rather than Ground as a whole. So tell me clearly: does the individual safety record apply or not? Or are you going by how it was when you were still with X?

bacha29

You just got done speaking so eloquently about Marsh/ Protective and their " very reasonable rates". In light of your glowing endorsement are you are are you not still insured with Marsh/Protective?

bbsam

Staff member
You just got done speaking so eloquently about Marsh/ Protective and their " very reasonable rates". In light of your glowing endorsement are you are are you not still insured with Marsh/Protective?
Work comp. insurance with another carrier. Trucking insurance with Protective. If you remember settlement sheets, the work computer was the expensive portion.