Fedex ground vs fedex express

I'm a package handler at fedex ground (9.8 miles from me) and i would like to know if it would be better to work as a handler at fedex express (2.7 miles from me)?

Schweddy

Balls
How much do you make? Depending on the market, take base, probably makes 13.50 or so with express, plus benefits and 401k, etc. Work wise I don't know the difference. You probably handle more boxes than express.

bacha29

At ground without at least a 4 year degree ( MBA even better) your chances of moving up are bouncing off zero. If you're young and no prospects for a degree then try to get into the skilled trades union especially if there is finally an infrastructure bill passed but that won't happen until they can find the money someplace.

Purplepackage

At ground without at least a 4 year degree ( MBA even better) your chances of moving up are bouncing off zero. If you're young and no prospects for a degree then try to get into the skilled trades union especially if there is finally an infrastructure bill passed but that won't happen until they can find the money someplace.[/QUOTE

At express he could start as a package handler, become a courier (at this point become a managers pet and meet as many other managers as you can). Enroll in the management program and easily become an ops manager. Work as an ops manager for a few years and all other logistics companies will disregard his lack of degree just by seeing express management experience on the resume

MemphisHubFedExer

There sure is alot of pissing and moaning that goes on here. Everyone says how awful FedEx is or how awful UPS is and that anyone should go and try to do something else if you can. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a bad gig at either place. especially for all you tenured UPS drivers that never went to school - Jesus, what do you do with all that money? Remember, there's alot of young fresh college graduates with business degrees and marketing degrees and teaching degrees that either can't find work, or will never be paid as well as you guys or get as good of benefits as you. Just puts it in perspective.

Schweddy

Balls
I agree with you but it's not just pissing and moaning.. you aren't technically wrong in your observation but it's a bigger picture of how Fedex has changed and how some/many people have been screwed over. Especially folks that have been around for 10ish-20ish years. Then there's a few who may have done well and disagree and tell them to "leave".

There's a lot of good info on this site that provides excellent perspectives. Perspectives I'd never learn about in the station.