fedex ground

moreluck

golden ticket member
FedEx Seeks to End Supermajority Voting
Monday April 3, 9:28 am ET

FedEx Seeks to End Supermajority Voting, Switch to Simple Majority

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- FedEx Corp., the world's No. 1 express delivery company, said Monday it is seeking shareholder approval to allow merger proposals and other business to pass with a simple majority of shareholder votes, rather than the supermajority currently required.
The company said it plans to put the proposal up for a vote at this year's annual shareholders meeting.

FedEx currently requires an 80 percent supermajority in order for certain business combinations, including mergers, to go through. It also requires a supermajority for maintaining the company's staggered board terms.

The company's annual meeting is scheduled for September. Approval of the measure will require an 80 percent supermajority stockholder vote.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Morgan Stanley analyst James J. Valentine downgraded shares of FedEx to "equal-weight" from "overweight" as the stock nears the research firm's one-year $120 price target sooner than expected.
Valentine said FedEx stock will likely appreciate over the next two to three years, but being so close to its fair value estimate, FedEx stock is unlikely to outperform in the near term

B

bbsam

Just a little note to my former UPS brothers and sisters. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! You really couldn't afford to hire me back if you wanted to. Eleven years into FedEx ground, five routes and two supplementals (half routes) and I now work maybe 5 hours a day and make close to six figures after all expenses. Oh, and yes, we really do own our routes. Here in the midwest it is not uncommon to sell routes for $100,000. Slowly but surely FedEx is creating more and more multiple route owners and killing off the cry-baby law suit gold digging beggars. Think about it. They only have to find a few hundred of us with 5 or six routes each. By the way, the teamsters were in RPS up in Michigan for a while. Anyone know how that worked out for them? Getting fired at ups is one of the best things that ever happened to me. i wish fed ex had a website this good for me to go brag on!

benschreivogel

racerx said:
Ddomino, good point. Let me try to clarify?. In my analogy, I was describing competition between two separate companies, like Citgo vs. Chevron. While there are multiple grades of gas (Regular, Mid-grade, and Premium), there are multiple levels of service for transportation (ground, deferred air or 2nd Day, and overnight). Of course people will be willing to pay more for Premium gas because they are getting a ?better? product (higher octane). The same goes for transportation ? people will pay more for NDA vs. Ground because the shipment will get there quicker. My point was that 99.9% of the population would chose Citgo regular gas priced at $3.00 per gallon over Chevron regular priced at $3.50 per gallon. ?Gas is gas.? That is the main characteristic of a commodity. It is my fear that the view of our business is that ?transportation is transportation?.

Sorry to get back on topic. Everyone can get back to slamming susiedriver now???

racerx is right. The truth is UPS is a bit more expensive.(even though alot of people don't realize $100 shipping insurance is included with all shippments). Union labor among other things is the reason for this. If Fedex were organized, that would level the playing field and attract price shoppers who would otherwise just ship with the lowest price. Alot of Americans are "label Whores", and I think UPS has a much more notable label than the other shippers. If the price is pretty much the same, those people would then have a tendency to chose the name they know best. Less smashed boxes would help too.

racerx said:
FedEx Home Delivery lists its operating hours as Tuesday through Saturday, 9am – 8pm. They developed this service to serve a market that wants residential delivery to take place when the consignee is home to sign for the package.
Why do you need a signature on a resedential unless an apartment or in an undiserable area!!!

F

fedexground chick

I am a contractor with Fedex Ground. What would you guys like to know. Don't ask loaders they are Fedex employees and yes they get the shaft also, but they are not held to as high of standards as your loaders, because of us being contractors the responsiblity falls back on us. Got to cut cost somewhere, why not save it by having the non-hourly do the real work. Loaders are just guys who pull the stuff off of the line. We are the real loaders. Nothing personal workinstiff but you know it to be true.How many of us walk in get on our truck and leave because it is loaded and done? None!!

I am a contractor with Fedex Ground. What would you guys like to know. Don't ask loaders they are Fedex employees and yes they get the shaft also, but they are not held to as high of standards as your loaders, because of us being contractors the responsiblity falls back on us. Got to cut cost somewhere, why not save it by having the non-hourly do the real work. Loaders are just guys who pull the stuff off of the line. We are the real loaders. Nothing personal workinstiff but you know it to be true.How many of us walk in get on our truck and leave because it is loaded and done? None!!

Lets be careful about making blanket statements. I don't know how things are in your terminal, but from the 3 facilities I have worked in, loaders dont just pull stuff off the line. FXG preloaders are overworked and underpaid, and the turnover rate is sky high. You talk of standards, and that loaders arent held to high standards, and you are right. From what I have seen, Fedex cares about the bottom line, getting the stuff out of the building, standards come last. I dont think anyone on this board was even asking for the opinion of a loader, but their viewpoints shouldnt be discarded simply because they are "employees." So many contractors fail to see that the hourly dock staff struggle just as much as contractors, and therefore there is little unity at Ground. If we can ever hope to change things at Ground, then contractors and employees are going to have to work together. I am no onger on the dock with ground, but myt current position with the company allows me to see just how frustrating it really is for the contractors.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
FDX is good at the "Smoke and Mirrors" game!! It will be real interesting to see what kind of quarter they have----was it last year about this time that they missed their numbers and were scrambling for answers...........can't wait for 9-21!

Hopefully UPS hires somone who knows how to play the S&M game to communicate with Wall Street----so WS can better understand our business and so UPS can speak "Their" language!

Uncle Rico

bbsam...you are the minoity with your 5 routes. maybe you did something right or have half a brain. But the lure of make 120k to the average joe is quite appealling at first. When he realizes that is gross pay and after paying for his truck and insurance and medical and gas and this and that then brings home 25k net a year after busting his heine 12 hours a day.....even to the guy no smarter than a box of rocks can realize he is getting shafted. And then he realizes this manager for fedex is telling him what to do. I thought I was "independent", the whole siren song that lulled me into this freaking mess of a "job/career/workaholic life" that I'm in. Maybe I'll simply sell my route. HA. I must be the last one on earth to realize what a dumb mistake this was because no one is going to buythis from me unless it is at a personal and financial loss to me. Thanks Fedex, you are absolutely, positively full of it. But you with your 5 routes, working 5 hours a day, you go girl. Doubt in your personal numbers as much as I doubt FedEx's long term profitability numbers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What does this mean??

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

The Teamsters union said the National Labor Relations Board rejected a FedEx
Corp. (FDX) request to review a ruling on an election where Wilmington,
Mass., drivers voted on a bargaining representative.

When reached, a spokesman for the Memphis shipping company wasn't
immediately able to comment.

The FedEx drivers in Wilmington are seeking representation from the union's
Local 25 based in Boston.

The Teamsters said the board's decision clears the way for the ballots to be
counted.

The ballots were impounded, pending the board's ruling on the review
request. The union expects the ballots likely will be counted on Monday.

ups79

What it means is that the votes that were taken on October 20th to decide whether or not they would be represented by the teamsters, will finally be unsealed and counted on Monday. Seems pretty clear to me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
FDX

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Board of Directors of FedEx Corporation today declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.09 per share on FedEx Corporation common stock. The dividend is payable January 2, 2007 to stockholders of record at the close of business on December 12, 2006.

B

bbsam

uncle rico...why are you such a bitter brown bleeding turd? I'm sorry that your carreer with both companies didn't turn out for you, but really, that doesn't make you any kind of expert on the business models put forth by the two companies. You really do sell Fed Ex short and must think them idiots. Allow me to clue you in. Fed Ex will never leave the IC model. Instead they will give those coming in an option of either becoming ICs or hourly drivers. Hourly drivers will make oh, i don't know, maybe 10 dollars an hour and have no benefits and work until the company says they are done. Or they can remain ICs. I don't know why people think that being an employee is so much greater. Companies don't have to pay well or offer benefits. Routes that the company can't find drivers for will fall to enterprising ICs like myself. If you look closely in the California ruling, we multiple route owners are correctly classified as contractors. Thus the number of potential union members dwindles as the number of multiple route owners increases. You may continue to doubt my numbers; I doubt my golf game since it got no better over a summer's worth of afternoons. lol

L

long time ups guy

ive been with ups for many yrs over 20 plus in fact i rember when we never had next day air and 2 day was just starting too...rember at fedx there air is done by there guys and ground is done by the contractors that make up fedx ground. so if you see a ground go that early rember there not waitng on air and also there trucks arent as full then if out so early.... i know in my area the ground fedx guys truck is not as full as it used too be and hes now the 3 or 4th ground guy too take this aera we have 15 drivers in the same area where fed has only 2 ground guys ... but not matter what i still try and get any one who uses fed too try us ... also i heard and im think it was a rumor ups at one time tryed too buy the old rps but i think the govtm told us no it would be a monpoly ???? dam and look ow the radio stations are now same company owners almost all in the same market isnt that a monploy??

R

real driver

Just a little note to my former UPS brothers and sisters. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! You really couldn't afford to hire me back if you wanted to. Eleven years into FedEx ground, five routes and two supplementals (half routes) and I now work maybe 5 hours a day and make close to six figures after all expenses. Oh, and yes, we really do own our routes. Here in the midwest it is not uncommon to sell routes for $100,000. Slowly but surely FedEx is creating more and more multiple route owners and killing off the cry-baby law suit gold digging beggars. Think about it. They only have to find a few hundred of us with 5 or six routes each. By the way, the teamsters were in RPS up in Michigan for a while. Anyone know how that worked out for them? Getting fired at ups is one of the best things that ever happened to me. i wish fed ex had a website this good for me to go brag on!

And just how many hours of paperwork do you pour through in order to make your profit actual at the end of the year. Must be nice to gloat especially when your own contractors are going under everyday doing the same thing. Used to be you didnt allow a fellow worker in your company fall behind just to make the bigger richer, if we all do the same thing shouldnt i be able to make a profit too or do i not wear the same uniform as you. And yes I save my receipts as well.

B

bbsam

That's right, "real driver". You are a real driver and I am a "real contractor". I don't worry much about all that paper work stuff anymore. Quicken is a wonderful program and the accountants we use are surprisingly affordable. Welcome to the computer age.