FedEx Ground

bbsam

Staff member
My point is you didn't do it until X told you to do it because you are clueless of labor laws and dot regulations.
I don't have to know everything. As long as I'm in compliance, I don't really care. But thanks for being such a fountain of knowledge.

FedExer267

11 to 12 hours a day is too much for the physical labor we are doing especially when you take into consideration that 95% of drivers don't get a lunch due to the size of their routes and PU schedule. I am sure if contractors were audited with the reports that FedEx has on what we did that day you would see someone is filling out lunches that are never taken. Safety is their number one priority... Yeah right!!! Accidents happen all the time in our terminal usually towards the end of the day. It can't be because these drivers are tired right?

Bounty

11 to 12 hours a day is too much for the physical labor we are doing especially when you take into consideration that 95% of drivers don't get a lunch due to the size of their routes and PU schedule. I am sure if contractors were audited with the reports that FedEx has on what we did that day you would see someone is filling out lunches that are never taken. Safety is their number one priority... Yeah right!!! Accidents happen all the time in our terminal usually towards the end of the day. It can't be because these drivers are tired right?
The thing is X and contractors are in bed with each other as far as cheap labor, as bacha said its the only way this works. They are so pompous and arrogant they don't think that rules apply to them. It's going to be great when an employee of one of these clowns blows the whistle. (Overtime, lunch, dot regulations).

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
We're supposed to as part of logging in our on- duty time, yeah right... falsfiy to not include that free labor is a known, but not talked about practice

Because i will shoot myself in the foot and run out of hours by Friday or Saturday... then my paycheck will suffer even more

As long as i don't get into an accident or fall asleep at the wheel like that dumb ground driver in that other thread, the boss or management doesn't care how the route gets done.

My current contractor better give me a bigger truck than an old uhaul 10' boxtruck or give me less stops... during those 2 hours of free presorting, preloading, im playing a game of tetris every morning.

Wondering if one day, ill be forced to leave stuff behind but ive been lucky. No way im doing a "double trip " at the current pay hes giving me.

I saw another thread from way back that a driver removed the passenger seat so he can squeeze more stops in the cab... pretty smart. I did the same thing to maximize my cargo area

FedGT

The thing is X and contractors are in bed with each other as far as cheap labor, as bacha said its the only way this works. They are so pompous and arrogant they don't think that rules apply to them. It's going to be great when an employee of one of these clowns blows the whistle. (Overtime, lunch, dot regulations).

I thought that was you, I remember that post quite well that you were going to blow the whole thing up!! Such a whistle blower.

I am much more of a motor boater myself!

dmac1

I know. MFE and Cactus and TDHE and dmac and ricochet and representative Oberstar, they all blew the whistle a long time ago and...nothing!
I'll be getting an award from the lawsuit soon. Very happy. Approx $240 for every week I worked for fedex. Me and a several thousands more. Thank you.

bbsam

Staff member
This is on top of the checks I got. You should have figured that out without me needing to tell you. 5 yrs before I got disgusted at $200+ per week adds up nicely.
But I still get them and spend all day playing on BC.

It will be fine

This is on top of the checks I got. You should have figured that out without me needing to tell you. 5 yrs before I got disgusted at $200+ per week adds up nicely.
$62K? So about $41k after taxes, doesn't sound like much for 5 years of misclassification. From your description of your routes you probably spent more than that on fuel alone not to mention maintenance, truck payments etc.

dmac1

I was netting about $18 an hour after all expenses except paying taxes. Plus the few bucks I made on my other two routes for the last 2 years. So subtract about 7.5% from that $18 and it compared to about a $16 an hour job. Now I'm getting an additional $240 a week or another $5 an hour to make the work I was doing worth it. If fedex just paid drivers about $20 an hour, things would be acceptable. You seem to forget that part of our settlement is designed to cover vehicles expenses. My routes had between $94 and $135 core zone pay, there was fuel supplement, and $25 vehicle allowance. My settlements were well over $1000 per week, with one at least $1400. I never complained about the money, just the forced work beyond what I contracted for and hours.

STFXG

I was netting about $18 an hour after all expenses except paying taxes. Plus the few bucks I made on my other two routes for the last 2 years. So subtract about 7.5% from that $18 and it compared to about a $16 an hour job. Now I'm getting an additional $240 a week or another $5 an hour to make the work I was doing worth it. If fedex just paid drivers about $20 an hour, things would be acceptable. You seem to forget that part of our settlement is designed to cover vehicles expenses. My routes had between $94 and $135 core zone pay, there was fuel supplement, and $25 vehicle allowance. My settlements were well over $1000 per week, with one at least $1400. I never complained about the money, just the forced work beyond what I contracted for and hours.
How long ago did you get out? Those settlement numbers are depressing.