FedEx Ground

bbsam

Staff member
Sell the route(a) with the provision that in addition to the sales price you receive a negotiated percentage of the gross on a monthly basis.
I would consider such an arrangement. The problem comes in enforcing the agreement. As far as X is concerned, that isn't a deal they recognize at all.

fatboy33

Not in the eyes of X. They are tasked with providing cheap trucking and cheap labor. There a few exceptions here and there buts for the nost part that $600-$700 is by and large the nationwide average for contractor labor. Given the heavy downward pressure X is and will continue to place on settlement that figure will likely stay that way for a long ime to come. God luck trying to find somebody to take the deal in the future.
Is that 600.00-700.00 After taxes? If not, take home, realistically, may be more like 400-500..:halfdead:

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
How was peak for my brother and sister package car pilots? Were things as behind as the media portrayed? I know it never is,but the media loves sensationalism and will exploit any and every opportunity to sell their story.
Again,we all do the same thing it's just different color uniforms. I have people ask me frequently if we are enemies? Hello kitty no,why should we be? We do the same thing and there are pleny of boxes to go around.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is that 600.00-700.00 After taxes? If not, take home, realistically, may be more like 400-500..:halfdead:

About 2 years ago, there was a post on here about a contractor in CA who was paying $450 per week. It was significant because the driver was involved in a fatal accident and also showed how unscrupulous some contractors could be.

bbsam? He's probably one of the good ones. It sounds like he tries to give his drivers a decent deal. It's still a scam, but at least he isn't reaming his people like others are.

FedExer267

The norm here in CA is 650 gross for 10 to 12 hour work day. No benefits, sick time or vacation. A lot of Contractors promise to give bonuses but that doesn't happen. After the first week of Peak we had a group of drivers that told their Contractor they were not delivering another piece until he bumped them up for peak. After a heated conversation he caved and bumped them up for the rest of peak a couple hundred a week. We will see if they all get replaced now that Peak is over.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The norm here in CA is 650 gross for 10 to 12 hour work day.
The amount of fools stupid enough to take the job is finite and the supply should be dwindling very soon. I'll be laughing my ass off in the near future when Ground can't get anybody to work for them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They could be in an area whose jobs are few and far between. Some people still believe they hype about Fedex. I see it with every new hire at Express, until the luster wears off.
Does take long either. First time management screws you or lies to you. Usually the first week that you're out on the road.