FedEx stock performance

zeev

In the last year FedEx has gone from 320 to 199, expect more cuts in the future despite what the company and financial media say, investors are voting to leave.

bacha29

In the last year FedEx has gone from 320 to 199, expect more cuts in the future despite what the company and financial media say, investors are voting to leave.
Both shipping rates as well as the transportation index have had a rough go of it these past few weeks.

fatboy33

The stock market is a ponzi, when 10 percent of Americans own almost 90 percent of all Stocks. They decide when prices go up and down. The people on the bottom just hope their 401K will be worth something at retirement. Free money given to corporations, along with covid stimulus which made its way from the working class to the rich, only to be used as stock buybacks inflating the value of the market. Nothing more than Vegas with a suit and tie. You can get lucky and win or screwed. The Rich is the House and never loses....just ask Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the Senate Ds and Rs.

Serf

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In this article, the cost saving measures listed were exactly what I was told by a district manager in a skip level meeting pre strong flu season. Pre March 2020 Express was struggling.
What exactly is cancellation of certain planned network capacity and other projects?

zeev

My guess would be sponsoring BS in sports etc $ expanding facilities ? Other than that, who knows!
More contractors especially in rural areas , take packages to an area than call any taxi or delivery service in area.

bacha29

What exactly is cancellation of certain planned network capacity and other projects?
Perhaps an example would be the terminal I was at. The building is only 15 years old and the addition they built onto it is only 7 years old. Nevertheless they are currently scheduled to get a new building in 2024 I think that's off the table now.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This has nothing to do with Amazon OR UPS and everything to do with the people running FedEx. I’ll say it again, they’re running the company into the ground with gross incompetence. Poor service was excusable during Covid. They have no excuse for the horrible service now. Shareholders are finally realizing that all the BS they’ve been sold is smoke and mirrors. Fred S was an expert at the game. Raj, not so much. It’s finally catching up to them.

Serf

This has nothing to do with Amazon OR UPS and everything to do with the people running FedEx. I’ll say it again, they’re running the company into the ground with gross incompetence. Poor service was excusable during Covid. They have no excuse for the horrible service now. Shareholders are finally realizing that all the BS they’ve been sold is smoke and mirrors. Fred S was an expert at the game. Raj, not so much. It’s finally catching up to them.
We used to leave the building at 0815 almost every day only a few years ago.

Serf

More contractors especially in rural areas , take packages to an area than call any taxi or delivery service in area.
The world needs overnight service, but things are going to have to change dramatically. And fast …