Fedex Termination Policy

dmac1

Nothing. I just want to know what their policy is. I'm working for a contractor for Fedex.
The contractor can terminate you whenever he wants to, for any reason, or no reason at all. Fedex can also forbid the contractor from letting you drive if you ever fail to meet the standards- like a drunk driving conviction, driving more the 15 mph over the speed limit, etc, etc, etc.

If you are terminated for no reason, you can collect unemployment benefits from the state. Even if you miss one day, that alone should not disqualify you from benefits. Even if you are just not quite able to do the job, and you get fired, you should be able to get benefits.

bacha29

The contractor can terminate you whenever he wants to, for any reason, or no reason at all. Fedex can also forbid the contractor from letting you drive if you ever fail to meet the standards- like a drunk driving conviction, driving more the 15 mph over the speed limit, etc, etc, etc.

If you are terminated for no reason, you can collect unemployment benefits from the state. Even if you miss one day, that alone should not disqualify you from benefits. Even if you are just not quite able to do the job, and you get fired, you should be able to get benefits.
If ground say " get rid of this guy", the contractor has no choice but to comply or he's gone as well DMAC is correct when he says that there is no formal termination policy. Even if the contractor believes that termination is not warranted he has no power to intercede. As for UC benefits the rules vary from state to state. If the terminated employee files for UC , it's up to the contractor to approve or reject the application for benefits. If he does oppose the application then the legal merry go round begins to turn.

It will be fine

Nothing. I just want to know what their policy is. I'm working for a contractor for Fedex.
Your contractor should have an employee handbook outlining their policies. He should also make you aware of Fedex policies in regards to driver qualifications and what offenses carry what punishments. My policy is any offense that carries more than a 3 month suspension by Fedex is termination from my company. If you ask him he'll probably give you a copy of the section of the agreement that lists what will get you DQd.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If ground say " get rid of this guy", the contractor has no choice but to comply or he's gone as well DMAC is correct when he says that there is no formal termination policy. Even if the contractor believes that termination is not warranted he has no power to intercede. As for UC benefits the rules vary from state to state. If the terminated employee files for UC , it's up to the contractor to approve or reject the application for benefits. If he does oppose the application then the legal merry go round begins to turn.
Only FedEx would have people actually believing that they run their "own business." LMAO.

SmithBarney

Any warnings or just immediate termination?

Are you in a Right to work state, no warning needed, or explanation.

Well with a name like ferrari driver, speeding in company truck?
Here are the penalties:
Doing the Speed limit: FIRED for being too slow
5 Over: Almost a competent Ground Driver
10 Over: Getting better
10 Over while smoking a cigarette, holding a map, and texting: Employee of the year and you'll soon be CEO

SmithBarney

I was just about to mention this. Except I thought it was "at will employment"?
FedEx just uses "at will" terminology in Right to work(ie Right to Fire) states... pretty much the same thing.
But remember our "handbook" says "at will" but it also says this book is "not a contract of employment" or something like that.

McFeely

Huge Member
Was definitely agreeing with you regarding their right to fire you. Hell, most any company can fire you without just cause as long as you cannot prove discrimination...