Fedex Termination Policy

Exec32

Your contractor should have an employee handbook outlining their policies. He should also make you aware of Fedex policies in regards to driver qualifications and what offenses carry what punishments. My policy is any offense that carries more than a 3 month suspension by Fedex is termination from my company. If you ask him he'll probably give you a copy of the section of the agreement that lists what will get you DQd.
I make a copy of my contract, hand it to the employee have them read and sign. After all the contract reads like an employee manual,,,,,. .... . Wait,,,what does that make me?

Tiffany Ann

My boyfriend worked for FedEx Express and was recently terminated. He was incarcerated (non-work matter) for 2 work days. The first day- his mother called FedEx and told them there was a family emergency and he would not be into work. The 2nd day- he called FedEx when he was released (after his shift), letting them know what happened. They suspended him with pay while they investigated. Two weeks later, they fired him for no call/no show. There was no way possible for him to call the 2nd day- FedEx does not accept Collect Calls. He is filling out a GFT Form. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? He also never received a employee handbook. Is this something that can be said in the GFT Letter? Thanks!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My boyfriend worked for FedEx Express and was recently terminated. He was incarcerated (non-work matter) for 2 work days. The first day- his mother called FedEx and told them there was a family emergency and he would not be into work. The 2nd day- he called FedEx when he was released (after his shift), letting them know what happened. They suspended him with pay while they investigated. Two weeks later, they fired him for no call/no show. There was no way possible for him to call the 2nd day- FedEx does not accept Collect Calls. He is filling out a GFT Form. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? He also never received a employee handbook. Is this something that can be said in the GFT Letter? Thanks!
Why was he incarcerated?

bacha29

Why was he incarcerated?
First of all his mother may have made a false statement as to the reason for his absence. Secondly while he may have called but if it was after the normal work day had commenced it may have be declared a "nocall/noshow" because it was outside the call off window. Remember X is a nonunion company and when it comes to enforcement of employee discipline it is often whatever they decide it is at that given moment and the employee has little recourse . And these days X doesn't take kindly to employees and ground contractors who run afoul of the law.

STFXG

An Express driver got arrested? WAGN

Tell your boyfriend to stop being a scumbag and maybe he will keep his next job.

His mom called and lied for him. Lmao.

!Retired!

So, he didn't call for 2 days. 2 days no call no show is auto-termination.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
First of all his mother may have made a false statement as to the reason for his absence. Secondly while he may have called but if it was after the normal work day had commenced it may have be declared a "nocall/noshow" because it was outside the call off window. Remember X is a nonunion company and when it comes to enforcement of employee discipline it is often whatever they decide it is at that given moment and the employee has little recourse . And these days X doesn't take kindly to employees and ground contractors who run afoul of the law.
hqdefault.jpg

Rg94

I have a question, I was terminated from FedEx Ground 3 years ago for signing a wine package. What is the termination expiration policy on that?

zeev

Ground drivers don’t need fake s.s. numbers they are day laborers like the guys at a Home Depot parking lot.

Spouse was just terminated after three years - three strikes and you are out. They can always have someone say "I saw them do whatever" and you are out. Opened his door during 100 degree heat with no air conditioning was one of them - it's a safety hazard you know.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Spouse was just terminated after three years - three strikes and you are out. They can always have someone say "I saw them do whatever" and you are out. Opened his door during 100 degree heat with no air conditioning was one of them - it's a safety hazard you know.
I’m assuming he had his driver’s side door open and it was three strikes in one year?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Sounds like your spouse is a habitual screw up

falcon back

I see the Grounds guys breaking every safety rule and traffic law on the books. Can't imagine an open door got him fired.