Feeder in-cab camera training....

quad decade guy

What is time stealing in Feeders?
Time stealing isn't any different in Feeders or Pkg or the hub.

Feeders isn't a free-for-all......

You have a schedule. Now, that schedule can be influenced in many ways. Changed also.

Examples: stopping and going potty on-road. On the clock is fine, but buying a Coke and hotdog isn't. Buying a lottery ticket is stealing also. How about texting when you have been cleared for departure etc.? How about chatting about non-work subjects(on-road is debatable) on the clock? All COULD be considered/is stealing.

Saying you don't know what stealing is.....bizarre. You know.
I wish I knew. While I was in feeders there was so much down time I just wanted to get home when they finally let me move last thing I wanted was to hangout doing nothing longer.

Trucker Clock

Before you know it they'll have you loading trailers instead of sitting in the cab doing nothing waiting on your load. Every hub I pulled loads from was always understaffed. Imagine the money they'd save. I'll send an email to corporate and give them my idea.

They tried that here. Small center with 1 shifter for the first hour of the AM sort.

New Center manager wanted the shifter to help unload trailers and move irregs between moves.

I was covering that job that week and I'll be damned, but I dropped an irreg on my foot the very first time they had me help. It was fun watching a sup trying to put a trailer on one of the doors while another sup went to get his car to take me to the clinic. The first sup called the Center Manager and got him out of bed. Center Manager told me, over the phone, that he would never ask me to help again if I could finish the day and not go to the clinic.

The bid shifter was asked to help out the preload the next week when he got back. Feeders said that he had to work as directed, but to document all the time he spent helping the preload. Feeders was going to code that time to the preload.

After the first day, he was told not to help the preload anymore. I guess his time coded to the preload the previous day screwed their numbers big time.

govols019

You smell that?
Before you know it they'll have you loading trailers instead of sitting in the cab doing nothing waiting on your load. Every hub I pulled loads from was always understaffed. Imagine the money they'd save. I'll send an email to corporate and give them my idea.
There was a time when that is what they did.

quad decade guy

It stopped when the loader was responsible for scanning the packages being loaded....I think.
I was forced to cover a pkg center route(trailer full delivery, scan at delivery point, unload trailer by hand) with the newer DIAD...

I got in a pickle with the DIAD and couldn't move forward.....they had to send someone out with about a 2 hour delay. I never got asked to do that again...they sent me out with no training on the DIAD...

The Brown Shadow

I was forced to cover a pkg center route(trailer full delivery, scan at delivery point, unload trailer by hand) with the newer DIAD...

I got in a pickle with the DIAD and couldn't move forward.....they had to send someone out with about a 2 hour delay. I never got asked to do that again...they sent me out with no training on the DIAD...
My feeder route is weird, I unload 1 trailer a day. They give me another teamster to scan at least. But I always wonder about the IVIS--20 mins in the "delivery" screen. Nobody says anything.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Most feeder managers won't even let them work. If they get hurt, 1)if onsite...how do you code time/ who has the injury on record/ how are loads moving if something happens, etc. 2) if off site. ..difference in State law for workers comp(does domicile stop or present facility pay and at what rate since States vary)/ how to get a load back if something happens/ how to get driver back if something happens, etc. Most feeder drivers create such a problem that they don't end up doing anything except drive.