Feeder Qualified Question

Travwise

Seeking some clarification regarding the Central Region Supplement Article 3 Section 14 Tractor Trailer School.

I was trained and am currently the “backup” to the regular feeder driver in our center. I have been the backup for approximately 2 years. I would like to come off of the “qualified” list but was told by my on-road that I need to stay on a minimum of 3 years.

Contract says:

“Once qualified and moved to a permanent tractor-trailer opening, they must remain for a minimum of three (3) years.”

I guess in my mind I haven’t been moved to a permanent opening since I only cover when the regular guy is gone, but acknowledge I could be reading this wrong.

Do any of you have any insight or thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. Hope you all have a good week.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You have a "permanent" spot... it's just that you are a backup so like what the contract says you'll have to wait the 3 years then give them written notification that you are done then you can go back into the fire... I mean package car driving.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thanks brother, appreciate it.
No problem... I believe most everywhere is 3 years... use to be 2 in some areas but they felt like the training and money spend was worth more than a short 2 year commitment... so do you not like feeder or just don't want to wait forever for the regular guy to leave??

Travwise

I enjoy it, but I have a great package route. I’m the 2nd backup so what ends up happening is the 1st backup covers the full vacation weeks and I end up on all the single option days which is always a Friday night lol...hard to flip flop back and forth. I’d rather be at home in the evenings, I’ve got kids young enough they still like me so...I’ve gone back and forth...ultimately I’m just not sure it is what I want. Regular guy is roughly 10 years away from retiring so it’d be a long wait either way.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I enjoy it, but I have a great package route. I’m the 2nd backup so what ends up happening is the 1st backup covers the full vacation weeks and I end up on all the single option days which is always a Friday night lol...hard to flip flop back and forth. I’d rather be at home in the evenings, I’ve got kids young enough they still like me so...I’ve gone back and forth...ultimately I’m just not sure it is what I want. Regular guy is roughly 10 years away from retiring so it’d be a long wait either way.
Alright now that makes sense

Travwise

“They all think they can do it”....lol always gotta be an :censored2: in the group.

There’s lots of truck drivers out there Cement, you are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. Different strokes for different folks, simple as that.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There’s lots of truck drivers out there Cement,
C69D3B01-5004-4186-B9CB-D51A507E5815.gif

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It took me 2 months to get used to it.
I questioned if I made the right decision.

I now know I should have done it 2 years ago, not this year, LOL