Feeding animals on your route. On topic only...please.

Should you feed the animals?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Come on, how can you resist to give this dog a treat
image.jpeg

Faceplanted

Don't do it. Dogs have food allergies and you and ups could very well be responsible for a bad allergic reaction and even death.

Not only that but it creates excitement that doesn't need to be there

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I met the Rottweiler in the above picture for the first time one dark evening when I was about 50 yards from the package car. It growled at me. I had nothing to defend myself with, but I did have a biscuit in my pocket. It ate the biscuit and decided from that moment on that we were going to be Best Friends and it never growled at me again. I value our friendship a great deal.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If my dog is on a special diet......the diet may not include dog biscuits.
Just like kids with a peanut allergy......don't give them a Snickers.

WorknLateHuh

I stare at dirt roads all day long. One of the few things I look forward to is being greeted by the dogs on route. I see them more than the owners. So yeah I don't mind paying for box after box. I get peace of mind. Let them fire me.

I've only hit 4 dogs so far... no big deal I kid

soberups

Always ask the owner if treats are OK first.
Agreed...unless said dog is a 100 lb pit bull/Doberman/Rottweiler that is loose and has jumped up into the truck with you. At that point, giving it a biscuit is an act of self defense which, in my case, will be far less injurious to the dog than "Plan B" which is a 5-cell Mag Light to the side of its head.

onehandsolo

The previous driver on my route has been feeding the dogs for years. I don't mind feeding them. I leave a box of treats in my package car for the cover driver.

soberups

Anyone who runs my route has used their seniority to bump someone else off of it. So they are making a choice to be on a "dog" route. I maintain a 2 week supply of biscuits in the car, so all the relief driver has to do is put a few in his pocket and get to work.