Feeding animals on your route. On topic only...please.

Should you feed the animals?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

By The Book

I was able to write an iPad off for a job I had in college even though I technically didn't need an iPad, just pen and paper. So maybe he has an accountant that's great at articulating the need to write off dog treats.
Just keep the receipts, my tax guy has no problem with it. It's for my safety, and other things of course.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just keep the receipts, my tax guy has no problem with it. It's for my safety, and other things of course.
How much are you writing off?

I probably give out more biscuits than anyone, but at roughly $5 worth of biacuits per week thats less than $250 per year. Not much of a write off...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How much are you writing off?

I probably give out more biscuits than anyone, but at roughly $5 worth of biacuits per week thats less than $250 per year. Not much of a write off...
BUt it adds up in the big scope of things that are also written off. The write offs are more cost effective if you have more than what your personal exemption is. Dry cleaning, shoe polish, socks, biscuits...the list is endless what can be written off if done right.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
BUt it adds up in the big scope of things that are also written off. The write offs are more cost effective if you have more than what your personal exemption is. Dry cleaning, shoe polish, socks, biscuits...the list is endless what can be written off if done right.
What kind of socks we talking about here?

And biscuits. To stay on topic.

Bottom rung

Most of the bites I've received are from dumb homeowners opening the door to get their package without putting cujo away. Dumb people with dumb dogs.

soberups

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1460492689.243647.jpg

ChrisTheBrown

It's not really a bad question. You should look into all the different things you can write off. I can tell you dozens of things just for your security job then you can really be at a loss for words.
I can't imagine, when at top rate, being concerned about a $5 bag of dog treats...& this is coming from the same guy that once said that "we're overpaid for what we do."

soberups

I can't imagine, when at top rate, being concerned about a $5 bag of dog treats...& this is coming from the same guy that once said that "we're overpaid for what we do."
Some people spend $150-$200 per month on cigarettes...or beer...or lottery tickets...or fancy coffee drinks from Starbucks.

I dont choose to do any of those things. But I do spend around $25 a month on dog biscuits for my on-route buddies. To each their own, I guess.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1460501856.160572.jpg
haha I was not because I didn't have treats...the lady said her dog got a treat every time the driver came...luckily it was just a stupid little lap dog

Keenj

Most of the bites I've received are from dumb homeowners opening the door to get their package without putting cujo away. Dumb people with dumb dogs.

That's how I got my first and only bite so far. I was halfway back to my car when the lady opened her door and 2 dogs bolted after me. One got my calf and the other would have gotten my arm if I didn't smack it down with my DIAD.

She claimed she thought I was her husband. Didn't know your husband drives a 1000 and has to knock on his own door while announcing the company I work for to get inside.

8 Hour Day

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it seems odd that a dog would actually bite someone because they didn't have a treat for them. That's not typically how a dog behaves.

I've been bitten a few times (all very minor), and none were because I didn't have treats. Generally, it's the little ankle biter that comes zooming up behind you without barking so you don't know it's there until it's latched onto the heel of your boot. Most dogs that are actually dangerous are also loud, so you have time to at least prepare for the attack.

There are actually only a few dogs that I give a treat to on a regular basis, and that's because they're such sweet little buggers. I've been caught playing with people's dogs in their yards thinking the owners weren't home. LOL... love dogs, but don't feed any that are "questionable."

-----