Feeedom on reserve

Jody43

You won't have time to see your kids.
I’ve considered that, however the financial stability is a trade off I am willing to take. Sometimes you trade time for money and vise versa. I’ve had plenty of time in my current commission onlly based position, however I hate telling my kids NO to extras they want when I don’t make a sales number that is relative to my bills.

Jody43

As a cop I never saw them either! Missed holidays, birthdays, family events to scrape a guys brains off the highway after a nasty crash. At least I’ll have weekends off right? lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I’ve considered that, however the financial stability is a trade off I am willing to take. Sometimes you trade time for money and vise versa. I’ve had plenty of time in my current commission onlly based position, however I hate telling my kids NO to extras they want when I don’t make a sales number that is relative to my bills.
If you were 15-20 years in I’d say stick it out here. As a new driver you’re coming in at very hostile times with a possiable new classification. Last year was the first year UPS did 70hour work weeks during peak, and wants to try to encompass that year around. Do what you want, but I can say if I was in your shoes I’d stick it out at your current gig or find something that’s in the same field with more stability.

But do what you want, just my opinion from seeing this place change for the worse every year.

Plus this ace will mess with you your mind and break down your body.

Jody43

If you were 15-20 years in I’d say stick it out here. As a new driver you’re coming in at very hostile times with a possiable new classification. Last year was the first year UPS did 70hour work weeks during peak, and wants to try to encompass that year around. Do what you want, but I can say if I was in your shoes I’d stick it out at your current gig or find something that’s in the same field with more stability.

But do what you want, just my opinion from seeing this place change for the worse every year.
Thanks and appreciate your honesty. I really do.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yep. Current/former military and law enforcement folks have told me that they've never been served heaps of bull:censored2: and baloney like they get at UPS. Good luck.
We had a driver sup in Roswell quit two weeks ago on Saturday. Him and another sup were working Saturday, screwed up as usual, said he was tired of it and tossed his badge in the desk and walked out. Told the other sup that was on duty he’d rather serve another tour in Iraq than work as this disfuctional :censored2:hole. Apparently he came from the military straight to UPS. Even more intresting, he just got back from a 2 week supervisor training course they host here.

Not making this up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
OK buddy! Nice to hide behind your computer.
He is a sexual predator... and no I’m not playing around... a question I have for you is how old are you and in what kind of shape are you in??? These two things do make a difference and btw, I have had Acquaintances be really excited to land a job at UPS because of the potential and great “public perception”.... only to be Thoroughly disappointed when they finally landed a job.... just some FYI from a 25+ year employee... good luck with whatever you choose

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We had a driver sup in Roswell quit two weeks ago on Saturday. Him and another sup were working Saturday, screwed up as usual, said he was tired of it and tossed his badge in the desk and walked out. Told the other sup that was on duty he’d rather serve another tour in Iraq than work as this disfuctional :censored2:hole. Apparently he came from the military straight to UPS. Even more intresting, he just got back from a 2 week supervisor training course they host here.

Not making this up.
And you would think that corporate HR would start to see these patterns and start changing what they are doing as a corporation..or that’s at least what some companies would do....

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Not making this up.
Think this company is dumbing itself down to the point of no return....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why? I don’t get it! Why the hate for the job? My father was a cop for 35 years and my mom was a college professor/teacher. I was raised to do a hard days work for a good wage. I just don’t get why this job has so much hate!
Come into the job and find out... this company is structured like the military but worse... no matter what you do here it’s not good enough.... maybe take it as a challenge and come try it out and let us know your experiences..... maybe you will breeze through and love the job... just make sure you come back and let us know...

Jody43

He is a sexual predator... and no I’m not playing around... a question I have for you is how old are you and in what kind of shape are you in??? These two things do make a difference and btw, I have had Acquaintances be really excited to land a job at UPS because of the potential and great “public perception”.... only to be Thoroughly disappointed when they finally landed a job.... just some FYI from a 25+ year employee... good luck with whatever you choose
Late 30’s and in good shape. I lift and jog. Don’t take any meds, but will have an occasional drink or 20 on my days off.

Jody43

Come into the job and find out... this company is structured like the military but worse... no matter what you do here it’s not good enough.... maybe take it as a challenge and come try it out and let us know your experiences..... maybe you will breeze through and love the job... just make sure you come back and let us know...
Well then it should be exactly like the police department, but don’t think it can be any worse.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Late 30’s and in good shape. I lift and jog. Don’t take any meds, but will have an occasional drink or 20 on my days off.
Then I say go for it... if it doesn’t work out then you can probably get another job.... what part of the country do you live in??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well then it should be exactly like the police department, but don’t think it can be any worse.
Absolutely.... gotta make the decision on your own... all of us on here have different experiences with ups .. and many are the exact same..

jaker

trolling
You say manager/mentor and sales , are you sure you are not looking for another job because you realized that sales job is not what what you thought it was and found out it is a pyramid scheme

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Right now I’m doing sales full time. I work for a great company. I have a great mentor/Manager, I make my own hours and Im about to start hiring my own people with whom I will start to make commissions off of. In addition I don’t answer to anyone.

However, I’ve worked for the government (medically retired cop, but pension benefits not adequate). I’m regimented with showing up, doing a job and earning a good living. This appears to be the place for that of which I can earn, after putting my time in, a salary I was use to earning.

I’ve been given a conditional offer of employment as a driver and they are setting me up for a first week in Integrad.

Have kids and commission based work is very scary.

All I can say is, UPS seems to be run exactly like a local government and based on the online assessment training, they seem to value former police and military.
Sell Sell Sell! Smash their face in the hood if they don't buy!