Feeedom on reserve

Jody43

You say manager/mentor and sales , are you sure you are not looking for another job because you realized that sales job is not what what you thought it was and found out it is a pyramid scheme
TBH I have a college degree and a good resume. I was a decorated officer and have decent work experience prior to police work. I figure working for a huge successful company and coming in as a driver will allow me to move around in the company and, maybe to other states (depending on where my kids settle). In addition, I may use the tuition reimbursement to go back and get a masters if it works out. IDK I’m excited, but hesitatly optimist.

TBH I have a college degree and a good resume. I was a decorated officer and have decent work experience prior to police work. I figure working for a huge successful company and coming in as a driver will allow me to move around in the company and, maybe to other states (depending on where my kids settle). In addition, I may use the tuition reimbursement to go back and get a masters if it works out. IDK I’m excited, but hesitatly optimist.
This job isn't for you.

jaker

trolling
And in all that you never mention the sales job that you are currently doing and what you did mention doesn't happen at ups unless you are management

Jody43

And in all that you never mention the sales job that you are currently doing and what you did mention doesn't happen at ups unless you are management
I’m in financial services industry and work 100% commission for one of the big finance companies. Yes it can be highly profitable, however it has huge failure rate and hunting for the big game and not knowing from week to week if you’ll earn a pay check is scary. Especially with a daughter 2 yrs away from college. I’m going for the stability of a pay check I guess. Again do I think I’m making the right decision? Don’t know? But I’ll alwyas have my financial services license and can always write business on the side. And maybe Mgt might be for Me

Jody43

Are you mentally prepared to give your 100% everyday , and yet told the next day you sucked and can do better ??
You’ve never worked for the police department have you? Lol
Supervisor tell you you suck, commanders you you’re doing a great job, but they say you suck behind your back and the public tells you you suck. Seems like I’m gluten for punishment and will fit right in. I’ll do just as I did there, stay under the radar keep my head down and yes everybody to death. I’m a union guy and support my partners 100% but I can also play the game when need be.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You’ve never worked for the police department have you? Lol
Supervisor tell you you suck, commanders you you’re doing a great job, but they say you suck behind your back and the public tells you you suck. Seems like I’m gluten for punishment and will fit right in. I’ll do just as I did there, stay under the radar keep my head down and yes everybody to death. I’m a union guy and support my partners 100% but I can also play the game when need be.
Well just make sure you play their game ,, until you make book!
This job isn’t as easy as it looks , I wish you well !

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
As a cop I never saw them either! Missed holidays, birthdays, family events to scrape a guys brains off the highway after a nasty crash. At least I’ll have weekends off right? lol

no disrespect intended but didn't the force you worked for use a designated accident/crime scene cleaner company? i never heard of a cop cleaning up blood, brains, body parts or anything else for that matter. Crime Scene Steri Clean LLC | Biohazard Cleaning Company

traffic_accident_cleanup_services_03.jpg

Jody43

Well just make sure you play their game ,, until you make book!
This job isn’t as easy as it looks , I wish you well !
Thanks and I’m not taking anything for granted. After doing the online trainings and now have been slightly exposed to what you all deal with (plus what I read in here) I have a new respect for your job. Hopefully it works out.

Jody43

no disrespect intended but didn't the force you worked for use a designated accident/crime scene cleaner company? i never heard of a cop cleaning up blood, brains, body parts or anything else for that matter. Crime Scene Steri Clean LLC | Biohazard Cleaning Company

View attachment 199415
Yes it was just a figure of speech. But I worked in a highway division and sometimes I had to move ejected bodies for respect and for not exposing it i surviving passengers and family. You do what you got to do sometimes

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I’m excited, but hesitatly optimist.

You seem to have a positive attitude about the possibility.

A couple of things I would just reiterate;

1) Leaving a previous job on a medical retirement, is a huge red flag for UPS. (if they know)

2) Chances are the job is not permanent. More likely, seasonal vacation replacement.

3) Transferring or moving around in the company is almost non-existent for hourly employees

unless you live in certain parts on the left coast. Management might be more flexible....

but, you can be transferred at their whim somewhere you don't want to go.

The key to getting information from UPS, is ask questions without looking like your fishing.

Don't take any of the negative posts to heart.

Believe it or not, most of them are trying to be helpful.

If you do get hired on.... everyone else moves up 1 spot on the seniority list. ;)

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Probably one of those fake safety videos they make us watch. You know the ones where the entire middle of the truck is empty and the rest of the packages are about the size of a shoebox.

Running a route, is like delivering news papers.

Pfft.

2lvns6c.jpg

LMAO

It might rain....

How about a DR bag ?

:biggrin:

-Bug-

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Thanks and I’m not taking anything for granted. After doing the online trainings and now have been slightly exposed to what you all deal with (plus what I read in here) I have a new respect for your job. Hopefully it works out.
Even if this job is permanent full time. You start at 18 bucks an hour and you will be constantly sent home for the first year. It's going to be even more financially unstable than your current job. If you have savings you can live off of for a year until you start getting some seniority it's doable.

If this job is seasonal. Well, you'll probably be seasonal until the new contract passes. Then you'll probably be one of the first new hybrid drivers. Which might be Wednesday through Sunday 60 hours a week for less pay than a regular full time driver.

Indecisi0n

Yes it was just a figure of speech. But I worked in a highway division and sometimes I had to move ejected bodies for respect and for not exposing it i surviving passengers and family. You do what you got to do sometimes
Blah, I am a pretty hard guy when it comes to this stuff but I am sure there are things you just can't un-see. Seeing dead babies and kids would probably shake me up a bit.