Filing Labor Charges

turdburglar

If you aren't the least senior person if your area, file on seniority and then file on seniority again. Make them hurt if you're in the right - eventually, they'll cave.
I know that in my building's preload, I am 11th on the seniority list. They will have a hard time not violating my seniority if they try to dock my hours.

turdburglar

The NLRB will always defer to the grievance process, but you can still file.
It's all about paper, documenting what is going on.
You are being harassed for your protected union activity, which is the only charge I suggest you file.
You are protected under the weingarten act.
Trust me, it will get their attention.

If turdburglar is on the path he claims to be on, the experience will be valuable to him regardless the outcome.
I think he could be an outstanding labor lawyer.
Yes, I imagine that writing about the things I dealt with at UPS will make for an excellent admittance essay for law school, especially in the concentration of labor law. I know the top 3 law schools are beginning to like seeing work experience rather than just academic achievement, and work experience (and hopefully stewardship experience in the near future) will greatly enhance my chances of admittance.

turdburglar

The burglar is an agitator.
It is not really the fact that my hours are getting cut. It is the fact that the sole reason that they attempted to cut my hours is that they wanted to retaliate against me for filing grievances. Also, refer to my "Moved to Unload" thread for my motivation (there is a long story there about my history at UPS, which made me realize just how important the union is, and which propelled me in the direction of labor law). I am not filing for the purpose of agitation (although the management in my building certainly is need of a strong message from someone that they will not get away with everything anymore).

Also, I enjoyed reading the comments about my theoretical future!

Justaname

Yes, I imagine that writing about the things I dealt with at UPS will make for an excellent admittance essay for law school, especially in the concentration of labor law. I know the top 3 law schools are beginning to like seeing work experience rather than just academic achievement, and work experience (and hopefully stewardship experience in the near future) will greatly enhance my chances of admittance.
I like how your posts are of pure intelligence, yet your name is turd burglar. It's like southpark, a sense of humor with an intelligent message. Keep up the good work.

turdburglar

I like how your posts are of pure intelligence, yet your name is turd burglar. It's like southpark, a sense of humor with an intelligent message. Keep up the good work.
Thank you. I most certainly will.

I am not sure I remember why I made "turdburglar" my screen name, but I would not change it, since it is humorous [However, it bothers me that I did not capitalize the "T", "B", and make "turd" and "burglar" separate words, since I really dislike proofreading errors, as you may be able to tell from (most) of my posts].

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

brownmonster makes some good points----turdburglar does appear to be an agitator. Involving the NLRB would be a waste of time and resources. Mgt cut his hours to send him a message--it is up to him what he does in response.

menotyou

bella amicizia
brownmonster makes some good points----turdburglar does appear to be an agitator. Involving the NLRB would be a waste of time and resources. Mgt cut his hours to send him a message--it is up to him what he does in response.
Stand back everyone!!!!! All-knowing Nan has spoken!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Management sent him a message and he needs to send them one back.
If he doesn't, he can expect more of the same.
Why don't you go get your nails done or bake a cake or something.
This isn't for the weak and scared, Nancy.