Finally Noticing Employee Problem(?)

fedx

Extra Large Package
All federal social programs sunset. That includes Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, AFDC, WIC, SNAP UC Meals On Wheels, school lunch programs etc, etc. Only those programs congress deems "worthwhile" will be restarted. In addition those that are restarted will no longer receive the funding support they were guaranteed in the past. Instead they will operate purely on whatever appropriation Congress decides to give it regardless of the demand for services. So you might $2000 a month in Social Security or $200 a month. Your Medicare premiums might be $150 a month or $1500 a month. . Your total Medicare annual out of pocket might $2500 or $25000. if you spend your final days in a skilled nursing facility you might continue to get the current 100 days of Medicare paid coverage or you might get 10 days. Afterward you pay it all yourself. After you can no longer pay for it yourself and there's no Medicaid to step in and no family or friend to take you....well, they say it's fun to stay at the YMCA.

The trouble with you MAGA deniers you believe that something this radical could never happen to you. While at the same time you devoutly support the political ideology that is 100% determined to make this so called plan to "Rescue America" a reality.

Social Security is something we working people pay into and should not be in that group. Do you notice we never hear about welfare facing running out of money? We keep hearing how Social Security won't be around when we retire, but welfare, that will always be there. Why? Because "old people" won't burn down cities in protest like what would happen if welfare was ended. There's a ton of programs that could and should be ended. That's why we're like 30 trillion in debt-to fund programs we don't have money for. Back in the 80s Republicans pushed for a balanced budget amendment and I remember how the media said it was the worst idea ever. Well, if we would have passed it back then, our country would be so much wealthier and not in debt. Oh well. And this military industrial complex should be ended too. We are constantly looking to start wars with countries to use our massive weapons arsenals and test them out. But cutting Social Security and Medicare on the most vulnerable people (old folks) who worked and paid into it all their lives isn't right. Cut it for these lazy AF young people who don't want to work. And if you do get welfare, make them work PT in a civil service job. Go clean up the local parks, help out at the library, etc. You'd see welfare virtually disappear, but you'd also run the risk of seeing more "fiery, but mostly peaceful protests" pop up in major cities.

bacha29

Social Security is something we working people pay into and should not be in that group. Do you notice we never hear about welfare facing running out of money? We keep hearing how Social Security won't be around when we retire, but welfare, that will always be there. Why? Because "old people" won't burn down cities in protest like what would happen if welfare was ended. There's a ton of programs that could and should be ended. That's why we're like 30 trillion in debt-to fund programs we don't have money for. Back in the 80s Republicans pushed for a balanced budget amendment and I remember how the media said it was the worst idea ever. Well, if we would have passed it back then, our country would be so much wealthier and not in debt. Oh well. And this military industrial complex should be ended too. We are constantly looking to start wars with countries to use our massive weapons arsenals and test them out. But cutting Social Security and Medicare on the most vulnerable people (old folks) who worked and paid into it all their lives isn't right. Cut it for these lazy AF young people who don't want to work. And if you do get welfare, make them work PT in a civil service job. Go clean up the local parks, help out at the library, etc. You'd see welfare virtually disappear, but you'd also run the risk of seeing more "fiery, but mostly peaceful protests" pop up in major cities.
First what you would have is a two class society comprised of very poor and very wealthy. Clearly you are worried about the future of the social programs that will benefit you by exempting them from your wrath but attack with full force those that you will not qualify for. Furthermore Trump's massive tax cut for the most wealthiest Americans added 8 trillion dollars to the national debt requiring Treasury when faced with a cash shortage to ask Congress for more money and more power to borrow. Your solution appears to be a massive cut or outright repeal of the programs you won't be able to draw benefits from while exempting the ones you will benefit from. Just how do you plan to achieve that?

Now if you're a retired or soon to be retired Express employee and given the way that Fat's Raj and the boys are slowly but steadily dismembering the employee retirement plan you indeed have something to worry about. And if you're retired UPS the question is will the UPS retirement benefit plan remain solvent or will it too end up over at the PBGC.

Oh BTW did you stand in defense of your party and send back your COVID relief check to help alleviate the federal debt? After all not a single member of your party voted for it crying about how it would compound the federal debt problem.....And is it or is it not just another form of welfare?

fedx

Extra Large Package
First what you would have is a two class society comprised of very poor and very wealthy. Clearly you are worried about the future of the social programs that will benefit you by exempting them from your wrath but attack with full force those that you will not qualify for. Furthermore Trump's massive tax cut for the most wealthiest Americans added 8 trillion dollars to the national debt requiring Treasury when faced with a cash shortage to ask Congress for more money and more power to borrow. Your solution appears to be a massive cut or outright repeal of the programs you won't be able to draw benefits from while exempting the ones you will benefit from. Just how do you plan to achieve that?

Now if you're a retired or soon to be retired Express employee and given the way that Fat's Raj and the boys are slowly but steadily dismembering the employee retirement plan you indeed have something to worry about. And if you're retired UPS the question is will the UPS retirement benefit plan remain solvent or will it too end up over at the PBGC.

Oh BTW did you stand in defense of your party and send back your COVID relief check to help alleviate the federal debt? After all not a single member of your party voted for it crying about how it would compound the federal debt problem.....And is it or is it not just another form of welfare?

As I said, people who draw Social Security paid into it. It's not a "freebie" like welfare. And I'm a long way from getting SS. But to be told we will take your money out of your check for this program that won't be around by the time you retire is BS. I'm not sure how cutting all the wasteful spending would benefit just me. I think it would benefit everyone. There's tons of programs or grants given out to cities, universities, etc. that are just fluff. Covid relief checks that go to states to spend on some wasteful project and wasn't used as it was intended. It happens a lot. It's debt spending that we don't have. We aren't the rich country we were 50 years ago. Our wars that were based on lies have taken a toll on our country. Look at how our roads our crumbling. We sacrificed our infrastructure to carry on a 20 year war in Afghanistan that in the end got us absolutely zero. Afghanistan is back to the day they were before we invaded. Now we're working on a war with Russia. It just never ends. Oh and yes I would send back my covid check if everyone else does. Just like these billionaires like Warren Buffet who claims he wants to pay more taxes, but then turns around and fights his tax bill. If he wants to pay more taxes, just write a check Warren. But he doesn't want to do that because it's all a false front to make him look good to the public.

Last edited:

bacha29

As I said, people who draw Social Security paid into it. It's not a "freebie" like welfare. And I'm a long way from getting SS. But to be told we will take your money out of your check for this program that won't be around by the time you retire is BS. I'm not sure how cutting all the wasteful spending would benefit just me. I think it would benefit everyone. There's tons of programs or grants given out to cities, universities, etc. that are just fluff. Covid relief checks that go to states to spend on some wasteful project and wasn't used as it was intended. It happens a lot. It's debt spending that we don't have. We aren't the rich country we were 50 years ago. Our wars that were based on lies have taken a toll on our country. Look at how our roads our crumbling. We sacrificed our infrastructure to carry on a 20 year war in Afghanistan that in the end got us absolutely zero. Afghanistan is back to the day they were before we invaded. Now we're working on a war with Russia. It just never ends. Oh and yes I would send back my covid check if everyone else does. Just like these billionaires like Warren Buffet who claims he wants to pay more taxes, but then turns around and fights his tax bill. If he wants to pay more taxes, just write a check Warren. But he doesn't want to do that because it's all a false front to make him look good to the public.
What matters is that you didn't send it back. Typical MAGA always pointing the finger at somebody else. Expecting somebody else to take the lead. It's all talk, no genuine conviction , no direct action.

And BTW. Social Security contributions are the ONLY contributions that are federally insured.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

So, you’re under the illusion that there’s no waste in government, because all programs have someone waiting with their hand out. Mmmmmmkay.

fedx

Extra Large Package
What matters is that you didn't send it back. Typical MAGA always pointing the finger at somebody else. Expecting somebody else to take the lead. It's all talk, no genuine conviction , no direct action.

And BTW. Social Security contributions are the ONLY contributions that are federally insured.

I mean since it was your idea to send your covid check back, did you? It's easy to point fingers and accuse someone else of being "greedy, selfish, etc." but you're doing the same thing. Send your check back since it was your idea. Will you? Didn't think so. And who insures SS contributions? FDIC? Why do they say SS won't be around in about 20 years if it's federally insured? Can you provide proof that they are federally insured?

It will be fine

Did they rename this website the IWBF Cafe?
Apparently some users don’t understand where some discussions should take place. This is the FedEx forum where we discuss issues related to FedEx. If you want to argue politics there is a forum for that. I was just helping people find the correct forum. Sorry if this confuses and angers you.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Apparently some users don’t understand where some discussions should take place. This is the FedEx forum where we discuss issues related to FedEx. If you want to argue politics there is a forum for that. I was just helping people find the correct forum. Sorry if this confuses and angers you.
No confusion.
No anger.
Just letting Karen know that she is not a moderator.

Aquaman

People who two years removed from the election still can't accept the fact that Trump lost.
Accepting Trump lost, and being naive enough to believe it was a fair election are two different things… I know he lost. I also know he got cheated. There are no fair elections in this country. Never have been. There’s too much power at stake. Does anyone truly believe he beat Hillary without cheating?

Serf

So you might $2000 a month in Social Security or $200 a month. Your Medicare premiums might be $150 a month or $1500 a month.
Dems claiming Republicans are coming after Social Security and Medicare is THE oldest play in the book. Second is calling everyone Nazi.

bacha29

I think you guys are lost. Let me direct you to the proper forum for your squabbling. I’m sure you’ll convince each other there.
It's called "Employee Problem" and the people who work for you are most definitely going to have a problem when they have expended their peak earning years making you rich and are no longer physically able to do given your tissue paper thin. benefit wise employee benefit plan.

bacha29

So, you’re under the illusion that there’s no waste in government, because all programs have someone waiting with their hand out. Mmmmmmkay.
Never said there was not poor operating efficiencies at some levels government . At the same time state and federal agencies are subject to audits including performance audits.

bacha29

I mean since it was your idea to send your covid check back, did you? It's easy to point fingers and accuse someone else of being "greedy, selfish, etc." but you're doing the same thing. Send your check back since it was your idea. Will you? Didn't think so. And who insures SS contributions? FDIC? Why do they say SS won't be around in about 20 years if it's federally insured? Can you provide proof that they are federally insured?
Social Security contributions buy Treasury Bills backed by the full faith and credit of the US government. You cashed your check because there existed a need in your own personal life. I deposited my check but still hold the funds in my account to pay my 2022 federal income tax liability since I am subject to ES 40. Furthermore, my party thanks to your Dear Leader having failed miserably to control COVID knew that there would be those who were in serious need and did something about it. All your party did was cry about the deficit which your Dear Leader added 8 trillion dollars to and of course the need to give the ultra wealthy even bigger tax cuts.

yadig

Social Security contributions buy Treasury Bills backed by the full faith and credit of the US government. You cashed your check because there existed a need in your own personal life. I deposited my check but still hold the funds in my account to pay my 2022 federal income tax liability since I am subject to ES 40. Furthermore, my party thanks to your Dear Leader having failed miserably to control COVID knew that there would be those who were in serious need and did something about it. All your party did was cry about the deficit which your Dear Leader added 8 trillion dollars to and of course the need to give the ultra wealthy even bigger tax cuts.
My 401 looked a lot better before goobar took office. Just saying