Fired club

FozziesDeliveries

This job is all about your habits.
If you’re in the habit of working unsafely or taking paid breaks that is management just handing you rope, compromising you, making it easier to take your job from you if they ever need or want to.

Whats wrong with taking your paid breaks? We get a 30 min lunch and 2 paid breaks that are 10 min each and i often take it all.

JL 0513

How are they able to fire you for not being at a location and stop complete (dead pickup, or a known closed). The contract says they can't use technology alone to terminate. We're also talking GPS that isn't full proof. So firing someone based on a GPS location stamp should never stand. If suspected, a sup would need to go out and observe for a legitimate termination.

R1wonder

How are they able to fire you for not being at a location and stop complete (dead pickup, or a known closed). The contract says they can't use technology alone to terminate. We're also talking GPS that isn't full proof. So firing someone based on a GPS location stamp should never stand. If suspected, a sup would need to go out and observe for a legitimate termination.
Well that’s not why I was fired : but the meeting was about 2 min worth of talking about my drink stop and an hour and a half about other crap . That’s what they do around here lol.

Thebrownblob

Well, the contract does not say that exactly it says it cannot be “solely” used. Chances are they will bring you in the office and ask you a bunch of questions to see if you’re telling the truth and if you lie, or they can prove it then they can use the technology along with your statement. They can also use technology to decide if they need to follow someone.

AKCoverMan

Tell him you were waiting for the Diad to restart 🤷‍♂️
True story: I once sent this text to my center manager: “I am sitting at (address) waiting for my DIAD to reboot because it crashed while I was rebooting it after it crashed during the prior reboot. It’s been about 10 minutes so far.”

His only reply: “Fantastic“

Third reboot was the charm that day. Those first few month of the DIAD Six provided so much easy extra income! 😆

AKCoverMan

Usually if they plan on taking you out permanently, they will ask for your ID.
Haven’t seen a UPS issued ID in near a decade, The folks working in the air gateway and big city center attached to it have to have airport security badages.. but not out here in the sticks. I have my Union Card but no official ID from UPS.

AKCoverMan

That’s complete bull:censored2:. I told them numerous times to take those pick ups out of my board. I have one in there has been a year and I told them multiple times. That they moved or went out of business and nothing gets done.
How long would it take to drive to it at schedule time every day and close it out at the former address as closed?

Multiply that time by five then multiply by your $60ish overtime rate. 🤑

Thebrownblob

1677377722499.jpeg