Fired!!!!For pissing in the bushes!!!!

krash

Go big orange
DW, I'm not sure why you would feel that way. We are talking about a normal bodily function. Every person and animal does it.

I have three different commercial stops where I regularly use their restroom. And there are two or three other places where I have asked to use theirs. No one has ever had a problem with it, and as far as I know, no one thought any less of me for asking.
I asked to use a residence bathroom before. When mother nature calls you gotta answer. If I can hold it, I will. But it isn't always possible. I've also peed on many a trailer tires:mellow:
When I was in pkg, I always carried an empty Gatorade bottle in the back.

outamyway

:confused:1 :confused:1 :confused:1 Since when is relieving one's self a Cardinal Sin ? Fact is, in the contract it is up to employer to provide "facilities" for employees....still it was a bad judgement call but not being privy to all the facts it is truly hard to pass judgement.....good luck in getting your job back I too think you will return....but when you get back seek advice from senior drivers on that subject I am quite sure they can offer some alternate options than hiking your leg on a tree...:thumbup1: BC

I'll be sure to let him know that when and if I see him again:thumbup1:

dillweed

Glad so many say they use business stop restrooms. whew

Sorry I was harsh earlier. In some groups it would be totally acceptable to pee in the bushes. And yep, the rumors will fly on this one. :yes: dw

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If they are sorting eams away from the main facility, then there probably wasnt a bathroom. When some people have to go, they cant wait....they physically cant hold it and have to go. It sounds fully but its true. I always thought that ups had a rule about family being in the same operation. You cant have a family member directly in your workgroup. She probably fired him because the didnt want to give "special" treatment. This sounds petty. Did someone in one of the houses see him "go?" If not whats the big deal. If I was the sup I would have him go get some hot water and toss it on the infected area and call it good. This is the tyupe of petty stuff that keeps widening the gap in labor relations with this company. Always making mountains out of molehills. It just never stops and keeps going, and going and going. No wonder nothing gets done. no wonder were loosing accounts. Like I said in another post, were cutting oiur own necks here. Man, thinkk what we could do to fedex if we worked as one collective TEAM. I know that is hard to fathom, but maybe someday it might be tried.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I always thought that ups had a rule about family being in the same operation. You cant have a family member directly in your workgroup.

The UPS policy book on this subject was updated in late 2003, I think. My brother was hired as a seasonal loader in the same building I worked in. I wrote down my work-area, p/t and friend/t sup's names and told him, "Give this to the training class supervisor and tell he/she this is where your brother works." He gave it to them and was told he could work on the same primary, just not the same area. Two weeks before Christmas 2004, I was released from my work-area and sent to help the outbounds. Outbound friend/t sup said to help on X dock. I glanced at the dock, thought I saw my brother's coat, looked in a trailer and saw him loading. I refused, saying my understanding was company policy didn't allow us to. friend/t sup called the outbound manager over, told him the story and pointed at me as the offending employee. Manager comes up to me and says, "Help him out, OK? He needs the help!" I balked, afraid to lose my job or get my brother fired. Manager sighs, says, "Look, please, help him out. I'll talk to HR--personally--and get the official word. If there's disciplinary action handed out, it'll come down on me. If company policy is you can't work together period, we'll take care of it." Next day, I was walking to my area when the manager calls my name. I turn, he trots up and says, "I thought I was right. You can spot-help on that belt anytime. HR gave me a fax from Atlanta, stating family members can not be scheduled to work on the same area but can work in the same section (i.e. wing, primary, etc). This policy makes no mention of spot/emergency help. We're good." -Rocky

nforcr

Guy should have been fired! If you can't make a determination of whether it is ok or not to pull your junk out in public or walk to the building to use the facilities you deserve to be made available to the industry.

Why give a numb-nut his job back? makes no sense at all.

nforcr
SDF

browniehound

After reading all the posts and thinking about it for a couple of days, I agree the guy should be fired. I had a buddy arrested for peeing in public. It was at the side of a building, at night, and he still got busted. If you do something at UPS that would get you arrested when you're not on company time, then I believe its grounds fpr termination.

Think of it this way. You're the owner of a small business in a small community, and one of the residents witnesses your employee pissing in public, would you not fire him? If you don't, that employee is projecting the image of yourself and you'll lose respect and business in that community.

At the same time, I hope he gets his job back. It was an idiotic thing to do, but I know of UPSers who have got their jobs back for a lot worse offense.

over9five

Staff member
My God, it's just PEEING! Everyone in the whole world goes pee pee. If some idiot came up to me upset that my employee was peeing in the bushes, I'D LAUGH AT HIM!!

Get over it! It's peeing!!!!!! He wasn't hijacking a jet! He was going pee pee!!!!

WTF!!!!! What is wrong with people??? Are there people out there who don't go pee pee???? Mind your own gd business!!

DS

Fenderbender
My God, it's just PEEING! Everyone in the whole world goes pee pee. If some idiot came up to me upset that my employee was peeing in the bushes, I'D LAUGH AT HIM!!

I agree ovr95...jeez ,this dude sounds like a good guy,
his family needs him...and ups fires him for peeing?
Is there any justice?
I`m not about to go 5 minutes out of my way(on the clock)
to take a leak,theres lots of places to go where nobody
can see you.

area43

Good thing the driver didn't have to pinch a loaf, or things would have gotten messier.

Who fired the driver? His mom? If so, that will be an interesting hearing?

Aren't employees working at the airport facility required to wear badges? That would give you access to the building 200 yards away?

I would have taken the same action, no employee should use the restroom in public,
male or female. It's rude and disrespectful.

This scenario is no better than a driver using a bottle to relieve himself and leave it in a UPS vehicle, or the hub employee who can't make it to the restroom and a haz mat responder needs to clean up the mess.
Chann, in case you missed it I posted a thread on UPS new uniforms. The outfit Ana's wearing is the pee pee slash solid waste uniform. She's definetly in need of a changing. he he. http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/new-uniforms.78129/

SmithBarney

One driver said he would put a rain bag inside his garbage can and use ASD labels for toilet paper:lol:

That would be me... garbage can, now that would have helped..
(cept they are full of tire chains)

So are you saying when I stop on the middle of a rural road, I'm not supposed
to stand in the doorway and let the pee fly? Good thing I left before the fired me....

That guy will get his job back under "being treated with respect and dignity"
HEADLINE:"UPS fails to respect employees dignity by not providing
adaquate facilities for personal relief... "

Yeah he'll get it back.

dillweed

Sounds as if many of you guys do stop and pee but only when no on is around and/or in very private places. I'd do it too.

The young man who got fired peed at the airport and, apparently, in mixed company. He must not have had the courtesy to ask if anyone minded - just whipped it out and made like a dog. If this is the case I stand by the opinion that he got what he deserved. Getting his job back would be a huge favor to him and he'd be good to learn from it.

Interesting discussion and comments here. dw