Fired for stealing time-> not entering lunch/break

wilberforce15

Did you miss this? Taking personal time and not recording it? Sorry but that's classic stealing time.

It's still a gift to the company if he took less than 1 hour personal time while also failing to put in a 1 hour lunch.

If he "stole" 30 minutes and worked through lunch and didn't record it, he gave the company money not the other way around.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I made a "very serious" mistake. In my rush to leave for home, I made a human oversight and blew by the screen to enter my lunch. 2 or so years ago my Sup gave me permission to account for my time using my watch-stopwatch and plugging in a 1 hour lunch time at end of day. No problems til now. Took 2wk vaca to Norway to visit family, they're 6 hours ahead of us. I came back to work 6 hours ahead in mind and body. 1st day back I didn't enter lunch, simple mistake on my part, but I told him the next morning I had done it. Well, he didn't fix timecard, AND I did it again that day!!! OUCH! Called in office and terminated. He also followed me that 2nd day and watched me take some of my time that wasn't logged into board, because it was in my stopwatch; just never got recorded. I've never been here before. No prior terminations, 21yrs service, 13yrs safe driving, 0 attendance/tardy issues, never bitch or complain and get the job done. Is this because it's a contract year and I'm being made an example of? Wife and kids are still in Norway!!! Can't wait to pick them up at the airport and give them the news!!!! Am I getting my job back? BTW my supervisor did a great job not supervising me. Insights? How long can I expect to be jobless?
I wouldn’t trust these fools with anything .... they aren’t your friends.... and I would just chill you aren’t going to loose your job...just keep this in the back of your mind, they don’t give a sht about you or your family and #2... take your lunch and breaks during the day like any other employee does in America... you think employees at Boeing, Ford, FedEx, Union Pacific, Subway, Doctors, Lawyers, Post office... and millions of other business are using stopwatches to calculate their break and lunch times....hell no!!! You probably account for that time on your drive in also... sad

Johney

It's still a gift to the company if he took less than 1 hour personal time while also failing to put in a 1 hour lunch.

If he "stole" 30 minutes and worked through lunch and didn't record it, he gave the company money not the other way around.
You obviously haven't worked here long. You could give them your entire lunch for a month,but if they catch you taking break and not recording it one time, that's stealing time and they will fire you for it.
And your quoting skills suck.

Klazaruss

Why in the hell wouldn't you just enter your break when you take it?

Here's what I'm guessing you do. Run your ass off and every single second you aren't delivering packages you start your stopwatch and consider it break? Lmao
No sir. I've been using an iron man watch, has stopwatch built it. I ran it anytime I stopped to chat a bit or hit the can for relief. Using it worked great to keep tabs on what was used and left of my time. Used my time every day.

Last edited:

Ghost in the Darkness

If you can't punch your lunch or break in when you take it then atleast enter a number in the start time portion of break or lunch then exit. It won't let you punch out until you either complete the entry or delete it.

Ex.
Break 00:01-00:00 Or Lunch 00:08-00:00

Neither are complete and you would have to fix before punching diad out.

wilberforce15

You obviously haven't worked here long. You could give them your entire lunch for a month,but if they catch you taking break and not recording it one time, that's stealing time and they will fire you for it.

Dude, you can't even spell your own name correctly.

I'm not talking about what will or won't get him fired. I'm correcting the matter that he didn't actually steal time. Stealing has a definition whether UPS acknowledges it or not. It's stupid and it can get you fired, but it is absolutely not stealing.

He's like a robber that put a $50 bill in the register and took out $10.

Yeah, he took $10 that didn't belong to him, but.....

Klazaruss

If you can't punch your lunch or break in when you take it then atleast enter a number in the start time portion of break or lunch then exit. It won't let you punch out until you either complete the entry or delete it.

Ex.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why in the hell wouldn't you just enter your break when you take it?

Here's what I'm guessing you do. Run your ass off and every single second you aren't delivering packages you start your stopwatch and consider it break? Lmao
One less runner-gunner out there now.

Klazaruss

Ex.

That will help a lot, if I get back behind the wheel.

I wouldn’t trust these fools with anything .... they aren’t your friends.... and I would just chill you aren’t going to loose your job...just keep this in the back of your mind, they don’t give a sht about you or your family and #2... take your lunch and breaks during the day like any other employee does in America... you think employees at Boeing, Ford, FedEx, Union Pacific, Subway, Doctors, Lawyers, Post office... and millions of other business are using stopwatches to calculate their break and lunch times....hell no!!! You probably account for that time on your drive in also... sad
How many of these business force you take your lunch at 6:00PM before letting you go home for the night?

HereWeGoAgain

Seriously 21 years of service and you seriously use a stop watch to record your lunch at different periods during the day? I'm at a loss for words honestly who freaking cares that much at 21 years seriously? I'm at 13 years and could seriously care two :poop::poop::poop:

Klazaruss

Seriously 21 years of service and you seriously use a stop watch to record your lunch at different periods during the day? I'm at a loss for words honestly who freaking cares that much at 21 years seriously? I'm at 13 years and could seriously care two :poop::poop::poop:
Then why even type a responce?