Fired for stealing time-> not entering lunch/break

wilberforce15

How do you know how I spell my name?
And your quoting skills still SUCK!

Would you prefer I say your mom doesn't know how to spell your name? Fine, it's your mama who is stupid.

My quoting skills only show I've been around the block a few times, still writing the quote brackets myself. I don't care that the username being quoted is lost by not using the embedded function. In fact, losing it nicely signifies just how little I care about any individual user as opposed to the content quoted.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No sir. I've been using an iron man watch, has stopwatch built it. I ran it anytime I stopped to chat a bit or hit the can for relief. Using it worked great to keep tabs on what was used and left of my time. Used my time every day.
Using the bathroom or saying something quick to a customer are costs of doing business you fool....using the restroom isn’t a lunch... asking a customer how they are doing is exchanging pleasantries, not a break.... I hope you are just a troll in moms basement making this stuff up or ANOTHER Fitbit troll account but knowing how some of the drivers get mindfuccked by the company who the hell knows.... an “Ironman” watch.... come on!!

Johney

Would you prefer I say your mom doesn't know how to spell your name? Fine, it's your mama who is stupid.

My quoting skills only show I've been around the block a few times, still writing the quote brackets myself. I don't care that the username being quoted is lost by not using the embedded function. In fact, losing it nicely signifies just how little I care about any individual user as opposed to the content quoted.
Coming from someone who calls them self "wilberforce15". Around the block a few times? More like special....needs.And it's still stealing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No sir. I've been using an iron man watch, has stopwatch built it. I ran it anytime I stopped to chat a bit or hit the can for relief. Using it worked great to keep tabs on what was used and left of my time. Used my time every day.
OSHA says you get paid to use the bathroom.

Chatting with customers here and there is part of building the brand.

old levi's

blank space
I made a "very serious" mistake. In my rush to leave for home, I made a human oversight and blew by the screen to enter my lunch. 2 or so years ago my Sup gave me permission to account for my time using my watch-stopwatch and plugging in a 1 hour lunch time at end of day. No problems til now. Took 2wk vaca to Norway to visit family, they're 6 hours ahead of us. I came back to work 6 hours ahead in mind and body. 1st day back I didn't enter lunch, simple mistake on my part, but I told him the next morning I had done it. Well, he didn't fix timecard, AND I did it again that day!!! OUCH! Called in office and terminated. He also followed me that 2nd day and watched me take some of my time that wasn't logged into board, because it was in my stopwatch; just never got recorded. I've never been here before. No prior terminations, 21yrs service, 13yrs safe driving, 0 attendance/tardy issues, never bitch or complain and get the job done. Is this because it's a contract year and I'm being made an example of? Wife and kids are still in Norway!!! Can't wait to pick them up at the airport and give them the news!!!! Am I getting my job back? BTW my supervisor did a great job not supervising me. Insights? How long can I expect to be jobless?

4-ever

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So you keep track of your personal time, a minute here, a few minutes there, using a stop watch? How do you enter it in the board? In one big chunk? You would have to, because the board doesn't have room to enter several short breaks, and the company wouldn't let you because it would be documentation of their violation of labor laws and the contract by allowing you to track your personal time that way. That's falsification. You ought to have been terminated a long time ago for dishonesty. Since it's a "first occurance", you'll probably get your job back after stewing for a few weeks. File a grievance asap.

Faceplanted

I made a "very serious" mistake. In my rush to leave for home, I made a human oversight and blew by the screen to enter my lunch. 2 or so years ago my Sup gave me permission to account for my time using my watch-stopwatch and plugging in a 1 hour lunch time at end of day. No problems til now. Took 2wk vaca to Norway to visit family, they're 6 hours ahead of us. I came back to work 6 hours ahead in mind and body. 1st day back I didn't enter lunch, simple mistake on my part, but I told him the next morning I had done it. Well, he didn't fix timecard, AND I did it again that day!!! OUCH! Called in office and terminated. He also followed me that 2nd day and watched me take some of my time that wasn't logged into board, because it was in my stopwatch; just never got recorded. I've never been here before. No prior terminations, 21yrs service, 13yrs safe driving, 0 attendance/tardy issues, never bitch or complain and get the job done. Is this because it's a contract year and I'm being made an example of? Wife and kids are still in Norway!!! Can't wait to pick them up at the airport and give them the news!!!! Am I getting my job back? BTW my supervisor did a great job not supervising me. Insights? How long can I expect to be jobless?
You from south fla?

wilberforce15

Coming from someone who calls them self "wilberforce15". Around the block a few times? More like special....needs.And it's still stealing.

Well, you're clearly too ignorant to have read books and too lazy to have simply googled "wilberforce." You'd have found quite quickly that he was a primary driver behind the abolition of slavery in England. That's a reasonable thing to use to create a username.

If the OP is believed (and we don't have anything else to go on) it would appear that he did more free work than he took in falsified breaks. He probably loaded before his start time, and definitely worked his required lunch. That means he didn't steal, because he gave them more than he took.

The correct charge would be falsification of records, dishonesty, or failing to work as directed for not taking a lunch. Those would stick.

He gave more than he took. That's not really stealing by any reasonable definition.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

Ups=reasonable

Which is why I wrote:

I'm not talking about what will or won't get him fired. I'm correcting the matter that he didn't actually steal time. Stealing has a definition whether UPS acknowledges it or not. It's stupid and it can get you fired, but it is absolutely not stealing.