Fired

teeitupmo

Not from ups, from my other job :thumbdown

I got fired for jumping some rollers to get a package. Evidently that's an instantly fired offense. No warning no don't do it again just straight clock out and bye.

So I guess I'm going seasonal driving to get full time hours for now. The application made me check a box that said "I understand this is a seasonal position and I may not be offered work beyond Sept 2nd."

My question is, as a seasonal driver am I guaranteed 8 hours inside the hub if I am laid off for the day? Just want to make sure I get hours in either way until Sept 2nd so I'm covered financially until I can find a second gig

I don’t know you from Adam or Eve, but there must be more to the story. Yes what you did is unsafe and stupid! Opens the company up for a lawsuit if you were to get hurt doing such a stupid thing.

However, If you are a good employee and worker that puts in great effort daily, they will warm you with a verbal or written warning not fire you on the spot.

They were probably waiting for you to Duck Up. My two cents.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I don’t know you from Adam or Eve, but there must be more to the story. Yes what you did is unsafe and stupid! Opens the company up for a lawsuit if you were to get hurt doing such a stupid thing.

However, If you are a good employee and worker that puts in great effort daily, they will warm you with a verbal or written warning not fire you on the spot.

Honestly I'm pretty sure I got with a girl that the manager was trying to get with a while back and he was still salty about it.

The chick wasn't even worth much. Yeah she was sexy but she had 2 kids, lived at Grandma's, and drove an 02 Camry. She got fired for attendance and another co worker of mine told me he saw them together recently at some bs 4th of July thing.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Here seasonal drivers only get 8 or more when driving. When not needed they go back to their primary job and get the 3.5 they are guaranteed.

Didn't you say Amazon was some great company and paid you so well. Bet you'd still have that job if you had a union. ;)

Youre both right and wrong. I'd still have that job if was Union yes, but the company also doesn't fire very often. Regardless I broke a rule sad I knew it was a rule and still broke it. I accept the consequences.

It's not like they walk around harassing people and threaten termination all the time

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Garbage-Pool-Jump.gif
Is that link from legend of Zelda on the left?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

If you had read the OP, you would know he was fired from Amazon.

UPS hasn't yet terminated him.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
So I work at hyvee now. I'm your new helpful smile in the Frozen department.

I've worked here before and liked it. Cool easy gig in the air conditioning let alone FROZEN department haha.

Only thing is gosh darn there is a lot of young tail running around that is going to get me into some serious trouble

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So I work at hyvee now. I'm your new helpful smile in the Frozen department.

I've worked here before and liked it. Cool easy gig in the air conditioning let alone FROZEN department haha.

Only thing is gosh darn there is a lot of young tail running around that is going to get me into some serious trouble
stop :censored2:ting yourself while you load and you wont be fired

Box Ox

Honestly I'm pretty sure I got with a girl that the manager was trying to get with a while back and he was still salty about it.

The chick wasn't even worth much. Yeah she was sexy but she had 2 kids, lived at Grandma's, and drove an 02 Camry. She got fired for attendance and another co worker of mine told me he saw them together recently at some bs 4th of July thing.

Does this mean you ditched the girl who was actually good for you? No judgment either way. I ditched many that I probably could/should have stuck with when I was your age.

Blackadder 2

Not from ups, from my other job :thumbdown

I got fired for jumping some rollers to get a package. Evidently that's an instantly fired offense. No warning no don't do it again just straight clock out and bye.

So I guess I'm going seasonal driving to get full time hours for now. The application made me check a box that said "I understand this is a seasonal position and I may not be offered work beyond Sept 2nd."

My question is, as a seasonal driver am I guaranteed 8 hours inside the hub if I am laid off for the day? Just want to make sure I get hours in either way until Sept 2nd so I'm covered financially until I can find a second gig

Does UPS know you're a safety hazard?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
real nice. parents raised you well
Are you joking? The chick was 24 with 2 kids from 2 different baby dads. Working a part time job (that she was fired from) and living at her grandparents.

I was raised by a fine man that taught me well. You wanna save that ho go help yourself. And while you're at it go :censored2: yourself

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Does this mean you ditched the girl who was actually good for you? No judgment either way. I ditched many that I probably could/should have stuck with when I was your age.
Haha no thankfully I came to my senses my good browncafe friend. I just hope that the one I kept never finds out who I was.