First Accident The same day I received my first year of free accident.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I was blocking some lady’s driveway to deliver to her neighbor (nowhere else other than blocking the street) and she backed into me. I wasn’t even in the truck. UPS came to the conclusion that it was an avoidable accident.

“I didn’t see you!” She said. Lady if you couldn’t see a big brown package car behind you then you definitely wouldn’t see a kid on a bicycle. Never even bothered to take a look. Learned my lesson, I just block the street now, no matter how angry people get.
Why not just find the nearest legit spot? Prob one within a few blocks?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I was blocking some lady’s driveway to deliver to her neighbor (nowhere else other than blocking the street) and she backed into me. I wasn’t even in the truck. UPS came to the conclusion that it was an avoidable accident.

“I didn’t see you!” She said. Lady if you couldn’t see a big brown package car behind you then you definitely wouldn’t see a kid on a bicycle. Never even bothered to take a look. Learned my lesson, I just block the street now, no matter how angry people get.
The only thing at UPS that is not the driver's fault is record profits.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

It kills me how many people back out of their driveway or out of a parking space without looking. It’s as if they think they’re the only ones in the world. Lol.

newbie777

The top of my truck scraped a tree trunkcoming protruding out from the curb on the 4th day of my 30 day probation. I reported it and was told to finish my deliveries on time , business etc.. I was told to keep my mouth shut, learn from my mistake and report back to work on Monday. I was following mymethods all day and was getting my rhythm right around the time it happened. My supervisor is one of the nicest people but also one of the best driving and very technical. I’m sharing my experience , but also I’m a little worried of what to expect Monday. I know they will be watching me more which is expected. Anyone have a similar experience?

SmithBarney

Been a couple weeks since I went through paid training before start time, but as I recall: tier 1 is strictly property damage, e.g., mailboxes, awnings, hit while parked, etc. Tier 2 is sideswipes. Tier 3 includes rear-end collisions, all intersection accidents, all cases of personal injury.
I was told the tiers were based on $$ value of damages(that was a long time ago)

Re-Raise

The top of my truck scraped a tree trunkcoming protruding out from the curb on the 4th day of my 30 day probation. I reported it and was told to finish my deliveries on time , business etc.. I was told to keep my mouth shut, learn from my mistake and report back to work on Monday. I was following mymethods all day and was getting my rhythm right around the time it happened. My supervisor is one of the nicest people but also one of the best driving and very technical. I’m sharing my experience , but also I’m a little worried of what to expect Monday. I know they will be watching me more which is expected. Anyone have a similar experience?
Did it damage the truck?