First accident

WTFm8

Yeah I know that they talked about it in the pcm today, but do you think this would be marked as an unavoidable or an avoidable accident. I can’t think of anything I could of done differently

Grieve it IMMEDIATELY regardless. Telamatics will show if you were actually fully stopped and for how long.

RolloTony Brown Town

Hey guys not sure if this is the right section. So the other day I got in my first accident I was leaving a ups store in a busy shopping center, I was approaching the exit of the shopping center, there was 1 car in front of me with her front tires on the street and her right blinker on, I had 1/2 a car length in front of me and she for some reason decided to start backing up, I laid on my hot for a good 3 seconds and then she hit me. My center manager came out after explaining to him what happened I asked him if this will be put on me,he said yes unless proven unavoidable. I am worried because I’m just about to hit my 1st year and 1st year of safe driving. Do you guys think this will go against me?

One of my biggest peeves as an on road...

You were stopped. you tried to communicate. She backs into you. Hit while stopped and hit while parked should always be unavoidable. Had you backed up to give her room and hit the person behind you that would’ve been avoidable.

rod

Retired 22 years
No the company did away with that once the "entitled" generation left. Back then everyone needed a reward for doing their jobs like they were told. :)

!

We got a butt load of stuff back then --- good stuff. You should have been there. Didn't your parents teach you jealousy will get no where? :-)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's ones cars length, the length of the car YOU are in .

When stopped in traffic, leave one car length of space between you and the vehicle in front of you.

Doesn't say package car length, actually, the package car's license plate says truck.

Let's take your idea one step further.

When you are driving doubles, how much space do you leave?

The length of the whole set? The length of just the tractor? Or one car length?

RolloTony Brown Town

When stopped in traffic, leave one car length of space between you and the vehicle in front of you.

Doesn't say package car length, actually, the package car's license plate says truck.

That’s not what when stopped in traffic says sir. It is saying that the space I leave in front of my vehicle is proportionate to the size of my vehicle. Basically leaving yourself enough space so you could maneuver around them in traffic should they breakdown.

It’s taught to drivers as leaving a car lengths space ahead because typically that’s enough space to move around someone without having to back up and it’s easier to remember.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That’s not what when stopped in traffic says sir. It is saying that the space I leave in front of my vehicle is proportionate to the size of my vehicle. Basically leaving yourself enough space so you could maneuver around them in traffic should they breakdown.

It’s taught to drivers as leaving a car lengths space ahead because typically that’s enough space to move around someone without having to back up and it’s easier to remember.

You are correct, for Integrad purposes.

Once you graduate, it can be shortened for Keter purposes, the only thing that counts. But they both mean the same thing. If you can remember it your way, continue to do it your way.

My point still stands. The car length of space is not the length of the car you are in.

I can drive around a stalled car in a P1200 with just a typical car length of space, around 8-12 feet. I do not need to leave 24 feet of space, the length of the car I am in, a P1200, or whatever the actual length is.

RolloTony Brown Town

Once you graduate, it can be shortened for Keter purposes, the only thing that counts. But they both mean the same thing. If you can remember it your way, continue to do it your way.

My point still stands. The car length of space is not the length of the car you are in.

I can drive around a stalled car in a P1200 with just a typical car length of space, around 8-12 feet. I do not need to leave 24 feet of space, the length of the car I am in, a P1200, or whatever the actual length is.

When stopped in traffic I leave enough space between the front bumper of my vehicle and the rear bumper of the vehicle in front of me. If that vehicle stalls or becomes disabled I can maneuver around that vehicle without having to backup in traffic. The space I leave in front of my vehicle is proportionate to the size of my vehicle. The longer my vehicle, the more space required.

I don’t care about keter. For the record keter doesn’t care about the 10pt commentary. The method is the method. The only thing that the method indicates about space is its in direct proportion to the size of your vehicle. So the space in front with respect to your equipment you’re driving.

Your first reply was an incorrect quote of the method.

You’re second reply had some merit but if you know the method you don’t need to argue a point that isn’t there.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Here’s how it was explained to me many years ago

When stopped leave enough space between your vehicle and the one in front of you
So that if the vehicle in front of you becomes disabled you can pull around it

Not sure how that works with a set

An added benefit if somebody hits you from behind you won’t be pushed into the vehicle in front of you

clean hairy

And, if you were to leave that much space in front of you, other cars would then pull into the space in front of you.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
When stopped in traffic I leave enough space between the front bumper of my vehicle and the rear bumper of the vehicle in front of me. If that vehicle stalls or becomes disabled I can maneuver around that vehicle without having to backup in traffic. The space I leave in front of my vehicle is proportionate to the size of my vehicle. The longer my vehicle, the more space required.

I don’t care about keter. For the record keter doesn’t care about the 10pt commentary. The method is the method. The only thing that the method indicates about space is its in direct proportion to the size of your vehicle. So the space in front with respect to your equipment you’re driving.

Your first reply was an incorrect quote of the method.

You’re second reply had some merit but if you know the method you don’t need to argue a point that isn’t there.

Yes we know sups have to memorize it word for word.

Good for you.

We only need to know enough to satisfy Keter, because UPS could care less.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And, if you were to leave that much space in front of you, other cars would then pull into the space in front of you.

Been there, it happens all the time.

Same on the highway. Leave that 6-8 seconds and it gets filled instantly.

Most sups don't have a clue besides what was drilled into their heads.

And I understand they have to be like that to keep their jobs.

RolloTony Brown Town

Yes we know sups have to memorize it word for word.

Good for you.

We only need to know enough to satisfy Keter, because UPS could care less.

Yes I do have to know it verbatim.

You the driver don’t need to know that for keter...

I quoted it to you because you said I’m correct for integrad purposes. Just because you understand a method doesn’t mean you understand anything outside of being a service provider.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Hey guys not sure if this is the right section. So the other day I got in my first accident I was leaving a ups store in a busy shopping center, I was approaching the exit of the shopping center, there was 1 car in front of me with her front tires on the street and her right blinker on, I had 1/2 a car length in front of me and she for some reason decided to start backing up, I laid on my hot for a good 3 seconds and then she hit me. My center manager came out after explaining to him what happened I asked him if this will be put on me,he said yes unless proven unavoidable. I am worried because I’m just about to hit my 1st year and 1st year of safe driving. Do you guys think this will go against me?
yes , glad you'r safe, your accident cannot be that important to lose sleep about it.