First Day Driving- Post Yours Too

Box Ox

Like I said, I'm aware that it wasn't just me today. Regardless, again, it's one package car versus multiple trailers, and double the time. Explain how my basic math is wrong.

There comes a point at my center when a little boy driver becomes a man in the eyes of management. And from then on, you’re blown out every day. It’s what you can expect every day.

If you’re just a seasonal driver coming out of a part time sort, they’re probably not gonna blow you out daily. Just don’t go full time. Because then they own you.

Re-Raise

Like I said, I'm aware that it wasn't just me today. Regardless, again, it's one package car versus multiple trailers, and double the time. Explain how my basic math is wrong.
Take it from people who have done both jobs for YEARS.

There is a reason one of those jobs pays about $12 an hour and the other pays $36.

Please keep posting through peak.

By my count, you are the 3764th part-timer on here who said how easy driving was while being babysat, only to disappear.

Richard Cranium

Oh yeah, we were over by something, I forget what. Nothing too crazy. And yeah I think he did mention it's like a "training route" or something. Although, he did forget a package and have to backtrack, so there's that. I didn't actually drive, other than to the town and back to the center, just ran the DIAD and hoofed stuff. So.

But yeah, like I said, I'm already expecting it will get tougher.

WHAT ELSE YA GOT???
I bet your trainer was impressed & will put in a good word to get you driving full time starting next week.

DRporch

My buddy coming off preload “this is so easy” fails his last scratch date cause he didn’t listen to what I told him. Guess who is back to preloading...

ManInBrown

Had my first blowj-- I mean, first day in the package car today. Wasn't half bad! Lot of business and bulk, and some bulk pickups. The trainer said he thinks I'll get the hang of it pretty quickly, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.

On one hand, I feel like all you old timers are a bunch of whiny baby bitch boys (and girls), because I didn't sweat near as much as I do on the red belt at local sort. It was both me and the trainer doing the work so yeah it'll be tougher later, but still, as far as tonnage is concerned, we didn't move anywhere near as much cargo as I do in local sort.

I fill two or more trailers there, whereas here it was emptying one package car, and refilling it maybe halfway, and over 9 hours, not 5 or 4 and a half.

And :censored2:, I get to sit down and sing Warren Zevon songs to myself half the time on top of it all?

That said, I really don't like the idea of coming home that late, and probably a lot later once peak hits. I'm the type of lazy spoiled millenial snowflake :censored2: that wants to work to live, not live to work. So I understand the complaints from some of you in that department.

Other than that, I'm guessing it will get tougher at some point? Maybe it just becomes a grind after the novelty wears off? Otherwise, seems like easy money, as long as I can lift with my legs and avoid accidents. You tell me. I'd love to be angrily told how wrong and stupid I am. I fap to that. :wink-very:
Lmao. It's your first day. Plan on having an extra 30 stops tomorrow, and then 30 more the day after.

ManInBrown

they asked me to be a mentor to casuals a few years ago one day before the PCM. After I told them please never talk to me again until after the start time, I laughed and walked away.