Hello my fellow UPSERS,
As stated in the topic this is my first peak season I have ever worked here at UPS as a seasonal driver. I knew coming in that it would only be a part time job for peak season and that I would have to bust my rear end to land a ft job here at UPS. Through all the ups and downs the peak season has thrown my way I stayed diligent in my work and busted my ass day in and day out to get the job done within 9.5. Even after I finished my last stop before the given time I always would go pick up anywhere from 15-35 stops off other drivers to help out and volunteer when needed from management. After all the hard work I put in I would constantly have my supervisors tell me I was in the top two of seasonal drivers they’d like to bring back afterwards. My question for you guys is what and when should I expect to hear something about being hired on full time? Mind you I would seldomly ask about being hired and management would always tell me they wanted to hire me more than I asked to be hired even though I told them about my strong interest in staying on afterwards. Today I was told I was recommended by everyone for a full time position so I guess that’s a plus. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
honestly, as a seasonal, you will most likely not be hired as FT as a driver, because , Seniority rules,(however it could happen, unlikely though) it is possible that they may retain you as a PT employee, but not as a driver, but as a loader or unloader, I wish you the best of luck.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You will likely be brought back for seasonal position in the summer for vacation coverage. Landing a full time driver job off the streets will be difficult and highly unlikely. Take a part time job inside and earn seniority or wait for the new 22.4 positions that will be available soon. Just keep in mind 22.4s have no protections from 9.5 or any 8hr requests so you will be getting screwed daily and probably quit.

You will likely be brought back for seasonal position in the summer for vacation coverage. Landing a full time driver job off the streets will be difficult and highly unlikely. Take a part time job inside and earn seniority or wait for the new 22.4 positions that will be available soon. Just keep in mind 22.4s have no protections from 9.5 or any 8hr requests so you will be getting screwed daily and probably quit.
Gotcha I know the reality of not getting a FT job right away and understand that most drivers become a temporary cover driver before you progress through the ranks. Thanks for the information man.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Gotcha I know the reality of not getting a FT job right away and understand that most drivers become a temporary cover driver before you progress through the ranks. Thanks for the information man.
Hope it works out for you, like I said take a part time job for now and wait until driving bids go up and sign everyone until you are full time then you can pick and choose which routes you would like to be on when you gain seniority.