Flashlight Suggestions Whats your go to?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2017-11-5_19-49-3-png.164671
66070.jpg

killamjl

Ive been through alot of flashlights, some are to dim, to heavy, bad throw, to bright, etc, etc

This one is great fits nicely on my belt holster, super bright, and durable.
maxresdefault.jpg

killamjl

Do you have to click through multiple modes to shut it off?

Nope the convoy is a well built C8 style light, not a cheap chinese version. So click to turn off/on, and tap to change modes, it has a memory so it will stay on the mode you left it on, and you can pick it up for under 20$ on gearbest (battery not included).

I forgot to add there 2 versions the old cree xml2 and new cree xpl-hi led. The hi is a little brighter and you can pick between a warm, netural, and cool color temperture.

Last edited:

MC0493

I just use a AA powered led maglite. Small enough to keep in a pocket or in the belt holster and plenty bright enough.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Thats a fair price for that many lumens. Does it have a belt clip or fit in your shirt pocket?

Its a little too big for a shirt pocket and comes with a lanyard that I cut off, no holster or belt clip. It has a low and a high beam that throws out a lot of light.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Day time
Night time
No matter to me. I know where everyone lives. LOL
But I do have a flashlight

35years

Gravy route
Rural driver here.
I need a light that throws a tight beam long distance.
Have tried the small lights which are convenient but not functional for my route.

You can pick up a rechargeable Lithium Ion, pistol grip 2200 Lumen Fatmax for about $50 on sale. It is not as small as the 900 Lumen version, but much brighter. Charge lasts through 6 hours of night delivery and charges between shifts. It barely fits in the UPS outer shell coat pocket.

You can light up a house from 200 yards away. It is way brighter than my package car headlights. It also saved me once by blinding a charging dog in the dark. One click and you can use it at lower power.

Review here...

Here is a beam comparison of 15 common lights. the ace beam k70 is better but is a $180 light.

Now for light that can actually throw over a mile check this out...

Last edited:

Dhydratd

20171106_064253.jpg
20171106_063127.jpg
I've been carrying one of these for the past 5 or 6 years.
SK68 - 1 350LM Cree Q5 14500 AA Zoomable LED Flashlight -$3.5 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
It works great with a single AA battery, but I use a more powerful 14500 rechargeable battery in mine. I've given about 10 away as gifts and everyone loves them. Depending on what truck you drive, you can clip it on the lip above the windshield or above the drivers door for easy access.
Here it is beside my old Maglite 3 D cell LED flashlight for size comparison and then in the bottom photo, for brightness comparison (Maglite beam on the bottom)
As soon as I found the little SK68, I put the Maglite in a drawer and haven't touched it again until this morning. Great little torch!