Flashlight Suggestions Whats your go to?

Dhydratd

Yeah, area knowledge trumps a flashlight...
Area knowledge is great, until your center starts Saturday ground and then you've got someone else's route added to yours on Monday and you're out past 9pm still making deliveries in the blind.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
ikr, last Saturday I helped a brownie driver find a house that wasn't marked... my area covers 4 UPS drivers during the week. Then on Saturday only 2 brownie drivers are doing the whole area.

From another thread, I know you get a printout of the OrioN trace for the stops of the day, butt don't they hand them out on Saturdays?

OrioN

The only flashlight I carry is the one UPS issues us. Built into the DIAD.
Still trying to find how much lumen that diad flashlight puts out... do you carry spare diad batteries? For my route, I use up 2 to 3 lithium ion batteries a day

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Still trying to find how much lumen that diad flashlight puts out... do you carry spare diad batteries? For my route, I use up 2 to 3 lithium ion batteries a day
No idea on lumens it puts out. Enough to light my walkpath and/or fill out a delivery notice.
No spare batteries. If DIAD battery dies I simply wait for my center to bring out a spare. Easiest 1 hour of my day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Went to get a new light for this coming year and has the choices ever grown. Looking for a pen light sized flashlight that will shine far enough to see box and house numbers on these rural routes. What do you carry?
Spotlights, flashlights, pen lights, bat lights, stun gun lights, head lamps?
Post a amazon product link if you can or the model name.
Whatever the company provides.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If anything they help in the ...crappy lighted truck ...looking at labels
I think every truck of ours now has LED lights but when the LED lights first came out I wrote up every truck I had with regular old lights to be replaced with new "safer" LED lights.

The mechanics hated me for about 6 months.

OrioN

No idea on lumens it puts out. Enough to light my walkpath and/or fill out a delivery notice.
No spare batteries. If DIAD battery dies I simply wait for my center to bring out a spare. Easiest 1 hour of my day.
That sounds ludicrous that they won't give you a spare battery... but that makes too much common sense.

sketch-1509977671417.png

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
View attachment 164731 View attachment 164732 I've been carrying one of these for the past 5 or 6 years.
SK68 - 1 350LM Cree Q5 14500 AA Zoomable LED Flashlight -$3.5 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
It works great with a single AA battery, but I use a more powerful 14500 rechargeable battery in mine. I've given about 10 away as gifts and everyone loves them. Depending on what truck you drive, you can clip it on the lip above the windshield or above the drivers door for easy access.
Here it is beside my old Maglite 3 D cell LED flashlight for size comparison and then in the bottom photo, for brightness comparison (Maglite beam on the bottom)
As soon as I found the little SK68, I put the Maglite in a drawer and haven't touched it again until this morning. Great little torch!
That is impressive. Thank you for the review and pics.

OrioN

Your Honeywell diads doesn't use up the battery as much as FedEx Motorola scanners, I guess...

My first battery lasts about 60-70 barcode scans before it hits the warning prompt ~18-20%

Then, when a neighboring route driver forgot his spare, I drove over to meet him & give him my battery... if we're hourly, then I would do the same & wait for a shuttle driver to get me a spare or I will go old school & use paper delivery manifests

mrbrownstone

I spent several hours last year researching flashlights.

Basically, my goal was to find the smallest flashlight I could with the highest lumen output and that lasted the longest and also either had a single output mode or memory. I hate having to click several times toget the brightness I want each time and also clicking several times to turn it off

I use a Fenix flashlight model PD32. It has 5, 50, 150, 400 and 900 lumen output.

The beauty of this flashlight besides being very small and lightweight is that it will run 400 lumens for 4 hours and 900 lumens for 1.55 hours. It uses 1 18650 battery which is nice because they only take a second to swap out. The other awesome feature of this light is that there is a tail push switch which you can either click on or just hold for brief illumination. Lastly, there is a secondary brightness button on the side of the flashlight to flip through brightness settings and the flashlight will stay on whatever setting you have it on whenever you turn the light on and off without having to cycle through each time.

Here is the link to the official website, although you can purchase it on Amazon as well.

PD32 Fenix Flashlight - 2016 Upgrade - Fenix Flashlights

Dr.Brownz

Went to get a new light for this coming year and has the choices ever grown. Looking for a pen light sized flashlight that will shine far enough to see box and house numbers on these rural routes. What do you carry?
Spotlights, flashlights, pen lights, bat lights, stun gun lights, head lamps?
Post a amazon product link if you can or the model name.

Try the fleshlight, works great during break or lunch or when you want to steal time!

TheDick

4sevens.Com has a bunch of different lights for all light situations. I however love a headlamp with 300 or more lums, 3 aaa users put a good spot on house numbers.
Petzl actik is a nice one. 5 year warranty