flavor of the month

542thruNthru

Last time they tried to raise hell about us not alerting them about going over 9.5 I promptly reminded them that I alerted them when I get on the list. I can understand them getting pissed when a driver gets help but still goes over but it is possible for things to happen that are beyond that drivers control.

We're being told its WAD matter. I think its crap but now I'm just sending a msg at 12pm "may be over 9.5 today." When they ask me what I need help with I tell them. "I can not accurately answer that question without fear of discipline." That's all I keep sending back.

I've sent it twice today so far

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I used to tell them before I left the building that I wasn't gonna make 9.5 and my sup would say "your dispatch is good, you'll be fine". The next day I'd get called in the office for not sending a message and I'd say "but you told me I was gonna make it, believe me no one is more shocked than I am that it didn't work out the way you said".

Overpaid Union Thug

We're being told its WAD matter. I think its crap but now I'm just sending a msg at 12pm "may be over 9.5 today." When they ask me what I need help with I tell them. "I can not accurately answer that question without fear of discipline." That's all I keep sending back.

I've sent it twice today so far
That is a tactic meant to exert pressure on drivers of the gutless variety. Instead of them just doing what’s right and logical. They’d rather put the ball in our hands that way they can attempt disciplinary action should we still work over 9.5 hours despite having been helped.

542thruNthru

That is a tactic meant to exert pressure on drivers of the gutless variety. Instead of them just doing what’s right and logical. They’d rather put the ball in our hands that way they can attempt disciplinary action should we still work over 9.5 hours despite having been helped.

Yep, center manager even said at PCM I don't have time to micro manage 40+ drivers on the 9.5 list so it's your responsibility to communicate if you'll be over 9.5.

Faceplanted

I file harassment and discrimination as I’m being treated differently than drivers not on the 9-5 list in this instance. We get an eta message every day so they know if I need help or not. They tried this with me before.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yep, center manager even said at PCM I don't have time to micro manage 40+ drivers on the 9.5 list so it's your responsibility to communicate if you'll be over 9.5.

Your center manager knows damn well that there is at least one OMS Manning at least one computer (which has access to all of the data anyone could possibly need to assist with getting drivers in by a certain time) and that he/she has at least one on car supervisor at his disposal to assist in making that happen. He also knows that he has access to everything those people do as well. So, if those resources appear to be failing to get everyone in under 9.5 hours he/she could easily stop chain-smoking for a few minutes and get his/her fat ass behind one of those computers and figure out what needs to be done. LOL
I file harassment and discrimination as I’m being treated differently than drivers not on the 9-5 list in this instance. We get an eta message every day so they know if I need help or not. They tried this with me before.
Yep! My philosophy is always having the attitude that I refuse to play their games. But if I am forced to either I am going to win or no one is.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
the GPS does the training now , this is what UPS wanted..supervisors have run out of excuses regarding drivers doing their bid routes.

SUPERVISOR: “He doesn’t know that area”

DRIVER: “ he has a GPS now though”

:supervisor vanishes:
He just realized his job is replaced by a diad.

I actually do understand why a center manager, and sometimes on cars, don’t wanna mess with dispatching issues. I mean who wants to deal with actual operational problems in between multiple conference calls that they are scolded and threatened on by cowards in $500 suits?
Unfortunately we have very few sups that actually understand the job. Just keep letting the snowflakes they can't do the job tell us how to do it.

The company has lost focus

Whither

Scofflaw
They are too lazy to train anyone.

Without checking my records, I'd guess I've run at least 20 routes over 7 months. Sups have come out with me 3 times. Always bolted before the pickup run. Last time the sup had me do the driving because he didn't have the chops to drive the old 4 speed P-12 assigned to that route haha. Sadly, that P-12 got scrapped last week.

Without checking my records, I'd guess I've run at least 20 routes over 7 months. Sups have come out with me 3 times. Always bolted before the pickup run. Last time the sup had me do the driving because he didn't have the chops to drive the old 4 speed P-12 assigned to that route haha. Sadly, that P-12 got scrapped last week.
The new package car sucks

Overpaid Union Thug

Unfortunately we have very few sups that actually understand the job. Just keep letting the snowflakes they can't do the job tell us how to do it.

The company has lost focus
Yep. Management is now all about dependency on metrics and memorized training jargon verbatim. Many of these younger supervisors mean well but it takes a lot more than those two things to be good at this job and/or a supervisor.