flavor of the month

rocket man

They told me to leave the diad in the diad holder 100% of the time I told them I could not do any more deliveries. They said why? I said 50% driving 50% delivering when do I take the diad out to use be it.?. The center hung the phone up on me .

Whither

Scofflaw
Now it's 'cradle utilization'. Hadn't finished my air run yesterday before getting a message that my 'cradle utilization rate was less than 90 percent' the previous day, that using the cradle is 'a method to follow where you place DIAD in cradle', blah blah blah. I chuckled and immediately replied 'Yes it should have been 0 percent because the pkg car I was assigned yesterday did not have a cradle lol'

KOG72

I’m full of it
Now it's 'cradle utilization'. Hadn't finished my air run yesterday before getting a message that my 'cradle utilization rate was less than 90 percent' the previous day, that using the cradle is 'a method to follow where you place DIAD in cradle', blah blah blah. I chuckled and immediately replied 'Yes it should have been 0 percent because the pkg car I was assigned yesterday did not have a cradle lol'
I have kinda gotten use to using that thing,I still have the occasional stop where I get to the door and it’s still in the cradle.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
what’s managements flavor of the month at your center?

right now ours is “backing”

Stay strong bearded and non-bearded union brothers PEAK is almost here!
44FF4969-04ED-4BFC-B9FB-C67C481EB1EE.jpeg

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
7EF9A1CF-5619-4847-BA10-D5977B727203.jpeg

intel wild

Cradle utilization. They've even started posting the daily numbers on the center door. Gotta make those metrics, or else! I'd settle for the darn things to work properly. Loose connections, not working, sporadic successfulness.

The best part was when someone in the PCM asked are we still required to keep DIADs behind the bulkhead going to & from center? No, now we're telling you to use the cradle! It's not distracted driving when you're instructed to do it.
yup...craddle thing here too...but i'm 9.5.....so......

Whither

Scofflaw
ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE 9.5?

Today the supes were going around demanding we sign papers acknowledging that we had been given 'a less than 9.5 dispatch' and 'must finish work under 9.5 following all the methods.' This while probably the majority of the resi streets in the center are covered in hard-packed snow. So I worked extra safely all day and also decided to follow the advice of @MECH-lift: Orion 100%. I wound up giving away 20 stops :rofl:

Rack em

Made the Podium

Today the supes were going around demanding we sign papers acknowledging that we had been given 'a less than 9.5 dispatch' and 'must finish work under 9.5 following all the methods.' This while probably the majority of the resi streets in the center are covered in hard-packed snow. So I worked extra safely all day and also decided to follow the advice of @MECH-lift: Orion 100%. I wound up giving away 20 stops :rofl:
I would contact my BA asap if anybody tried pulling that BS in my center.

rod

Retired 22 years
Back when Rod and I were pups, we didn't have to worry about getting chastised for excessive backing. I think even if I were driving now, I'd have to take the heat for backing. Knowing how UPS judges accidents, I'd never put myself in a position to be blamed for a fender bender, no matter what the rules say. I took this grab from my dash cam. Driver could have used a large driveway to this business, but chose to park right after a blind curve in the road. I presume to prevent a back. Car came around the curve, possibly speeding, almost hit the rear of the PC, and had to swerve in my lane. If he had hit the PC, do you think it would have been an avoidable accident?
View attachment 267599
There were days I swear I had zero miles racked up on the odometer because I had done so much backing. :-)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I would wipe my arse with that form and file a grievance if they pursue it any further.

Article 6 NMA

Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Em- ployer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agree- ment or contract with its employees, either individually or collec- tively, or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agree- ment or document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document may not be placed in an employee’s file or used by the Employer as a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents thereof be divulged to any person or entity.
In addition, the Company will not discipline an employee for refus- ing to sign any Company form related to the principle of a fair day’s work unless the signing is required by law or by this Agreement.

Whither

Scofflaw
I would wipe my arse with that form and file a grievance if they pursue it any further.

Article 6 NMA

Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Em- ployer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agree- ment or contract with its employees, either individually or collec- tively, or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agree- ment or document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document may not be placed in an employee’s file or used by the Employer as a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents thereof be divulged to any person or entity.
In addition, the Company will not discipline an employee for refus- ing to sign any Company form related to the principle of a fair day’s work unless the signing is required by law or by this Agreement.
Yup I immediately thought of Article 6 and that's my plan as well -- along with an indefinite disciplinary period of following Orion 100% :wink-very: