Flu Shots

What are your flu shot plans this year?

• I will get the regular flu shot.

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • I will get the H1N1 flu shot(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will get regular AND H1N1 flu shots.

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • I will not get any flu shots.

Votes: 54 66.7%

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
If you receive an e-mail from the

Department of Health

Telling you not to eat canned pork
Because of the swine flu…..
You can delete it
it's spam!
get-attachment.aspx

What if I'm Muslim?

P

pickup

I was in my doctors office last week, and they gave me the H1N1 shot. No ill effects.

You should have typed "doctor's".

Rod --had both the regular and H1N1 shots---------no side affects

You should have typed "no side effects".

Moreluck - Me too , Rod.

You should have typed "I also, Rod."

Apparently, these shots affect either grammar skills, typing skills, or both categories. :wink2:

P

pickup

You should have left off the word "categories".:wink2:

I deliberated with myself over that. The insertion of that word might seem superfluous but I wanted to have no confusion when referring to two things ,both of which have multiple things belonging to them such as skills. Technically, I wasn't wrong. So put your red pen away. :peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
You should have typed "doctor's".

Rod --had both the regular and H1N1 shots---------no side affects

You should have typed "no side effects".

Moreluck - Me too , Rod.

You should have typed "I also, Rod."

Apparently, these shots affect either grammar skills, typing skills, or both categories. :wink2:

I had typed effects at first but changed it-----------sure glad the spelling police are on the ball. "I also, Rod" sounds totally wacked. That can't be correct

P

pickup

I had typed effects at first but changed it-----------sure glad the spelling police are on the ball. "I also, Rod" sounds totally wacked. That can't be correct

Well, your original comment was "had both the regular...." . It is implied that "I " is leading that sentence .

Therefore if Moreluck is responding, she should say "I , also, had the regular ....."

Those shots are clearly affecting your mind , Rod. :wink2:

Clearly I was just going for a bad joke. Normally, I don't do this sort of thing.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I met a lady the other day that is partially paralyzed from the flu shot. It is a possible known side effect, and she developed it. Her left leg lost feeling in it, she doesn't know yet if it is temporary or permanent.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had both flu shots with no problem and a shingles shot and a pneumonia shot and gave blood. Damn I feel like a pin cushion--- but a healthy pin cushion.:happy2:

over9five

Staff member
How often do you donate blood, Steve? I have great respect for people who do, I'm too much of a whimp tho.

My father donated regularly when he was alive, now not so much.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I used to give blood all the time.....then they wouldn't take it anymore. They said, "Oh it's probably OK for you though." That was in my mid 20's.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How often do you donate blood, Steve? I have great respect for people who do, I'm too much of a whimp tho.

My father donated regularly when he was alive, now not so much.
Huh? I donate about every 2 months or so. They love my blood, it has a special antagent that makes it pretty rare, though my blood type is quite popular. A+, Baby!

8up

the last two times i had the flu, were the last two times i didn't get the flu shot. this year i got the shot early, seems they're plenty of them available. i don't care to be in that world of hurt again.