FO question

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The airbills were changed 2 or 3 years ago. Anyone who checks FO now either wants that service or is too lazy to read the airbill.
There are still multiple versions of the A/B in use with different order of services to check. And it would be inconsistent of Fedex to hold the customer responsible for their mistakes, since we obviously can correct all their other errors, such as bad zips, transposed addresses, p.o.box addresses, bad phone numbers, ad nauseum, according to Fedex Cares.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Tell the couriers to manage the station, you'll watch and see how it's done. That'll shut them up even faster.
The couriers could do a much better job I'm sure. Things tend to run smoother without clueless management jumping on courier's backs the moment they enter the building.

You are a true suckass.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There are still multiple versions of the A/B in use with different order of services to check. And it would be inconsistent of Fedex to hold the customer responsible for their mistakes, since we obviously can correct all their other errors, such as bad zips, transposed addresses, p.o.box addresses, bad phone numbers, ad nauseum, according to Fedex Cares.
Good point there.

Dano however will never understand since he's a paid shill here at BC.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I can't speak for every station, but generally I have found that the few occasions where there have been no managers in the building (big meeting at HQ or all happen to be off on vacation), things generally run better for that day/week. We know what we need to do and people seem more willing to help each other out because they don't have a manager breathing down their back or dictating what they have to take or what they have to drop.

You mean when people are allowed to do whatever they want, they like it?

59 Dano

Read the airbill. If you don't want the expensive service, don't mark it.

59 Dano

The couriers could do a much better job I'm sure. Things tend to run smoother without clueless management jumping on courier's backs the moment they enter the building.

OK, so how would they prevent P/FTE from dropping like a rock? Just curious, since they would do such a great job.

You are a true suckass.

You're a fool, and a shallow one at that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Read the airbill. If you don't want the expensive service, don't mark it.

Right. When the new airbills were introduced a few years back, the FO box location made it very easy for customers to check FO instead of PO. This was probably intentional. "Oh, we're sorry, but you did request FO service", and the customer pays the outrageous bill, vowing to never make the same mistake.

At my station, if the freight is late (often), management just blows off the FO and mixes it into the P1 cycle, which is great news for the surgeon waiting for their package.

"FedEx cares".

dezguy

OK, seven days. With another manager at the station keeping an eye on things. Or if it's a stand alone station, the senior.
Nope. There have been a few times when all managers have been gone on vacation and things run just fine. Sure the senior might be keeping an eyes on things but, in every station I have worked at, the senior is in a different city and things have never gotten bad enough for him/her to to decide to make the trek to correct any situation.

Thanks for your reply to my question in reply 38.
That comes with a caveat. Know whether or not those rural FOs are causing you to miss your goal before you say that they are. You don't want to blame your missed goal on an FO that cost you 20 minutes when you missed goal by 40 minutes.

I'd bring it up when I knew for sure that the FO (or FOs) were what caused me to miss goal. For instance, a rural FO ate up 20 minutes because I had to break route to make service on it, but I only missed goal by 15.