Follow ORION 85% or....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What do you all do about businesses that close early (posted business hours)?

I have several businesses that close at noon on Fridays. Orion has me there 1-2 hrs later so I break off.

The first few weeks on Orion I would just arrive late and sheet them as closed but if I showed up at a store at 9, when it opens at 10, I couldn't sheet it as closed. I feel as though we should make service on businesses that close early just like businesses that open late.

Did you mention any of this during your Orion ride?

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
What do you all do about businesses that close early (posted business hours)?

I have several businesses that close at noon on Fridays. Orion has me there 1-2 hrs later so I break off.

The first few weeks on Orion I would just arrive late and sheet them as closed but if I showed up at a store at 9, when it opens at 10, I couldn't sheet it as closed. I feel as though we should make service on businesses that close early just like businesses that open late.

If I have a business that closes early on Friday, and Orion takes me there in the afternoon, not my problem.

If the company want to handcuff me to one solution, so be it.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
The 85% compliance goal does allow you to manage the route.

My 15% is totally used up going back to offices that were at lunch the first time.

I deliver to a hospital, and all the doctors located located near the hospital. The staggered lunch breaks for those doctors begin as early as 1130 and end as late as 1400. Orion can't allow for that much variance, so I have to. 15% down the drain

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My 15% is totally used up going back to offices that were at lunch the first time.

I deliver to a hospital, and all the doctors located located near the hospital. The staggered lunch breaks for those doctors begin as early as 1130 and end as late as 1400. Orion can't allow for that much variance, so I have to. 15% down the drain

Indirect?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you ran Orion 100% the other day were you over the planned miles?, just curious.

Yes but that was because I had a bad zip that I ran off after making a sweep of my pickups. This put me less than a mile from the building so it made sense to go in and swap pkg cars so that the metro could sort my pickup pieces.

By The Book

Yes but that was because I had a bad zip that I ran off after making a sweep of my pickups. This put me less than a mile from the building so it made sense to go in and swap pkg cars so that the metro could sort my pickup pieces.
Would it of been closer to run the bad zip before coming in? Why switch cars?