Follow ORION 85% or....

Future

Victory Ride
They are now writing drivers up for not hitting 90% trace in Orion. They also want us to reduce over allowed, which in my experience gets harder the closer you follow Orion lol.
They also have said if you have to break trace to make businesses, do it. It's like they want to have their cake and eat it too.
How many years do you have there?

srvhero

"leastbest"
I have on occasion used the pkg car to bring home something from Lowes or that I found on the side of the road. I have also made same day deliveries. You make it sound like an every day thing, which it certainly is not.

I drive an Altima---can't fit much in one of those. :(

They look the other way when you run an hour under.
Sounds like your route is planned loosely. Maybe it needs to be adjusted to properly reflect a "productive route " [emoji1]

DOK

Thought about doing it today to stick it to an :censored2: dispatcher who jumped my :censored2: when i pointed out a bus stop that closes at 3 being del after 5.

My disdain for him didn't out weigh my desire to get home
They can put time windows in for all your business's. If a business closes at 3 everyday, or even if it closes at say 1 only on Friday. Makes Orion think a little harder.

DOK

They are now writing drivers up for not hitting 90% trace in Orion. They also want us to reduce over allowed, which in my experience gets harder the closer you follow Orion lol.
They also have said if you have to break trace to make businesses, do it. It's like they want to have their cake and eat it too.
Picking through the load makes you lose a lot of time.
They can put time Windows in for all your business stops, just gotta tell them.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Picking through the load makes you lose a lot of time.
They can put time Windows in for all your business stops, just gotta tell them.
Why is it my responsibility to tell them?

I thought the entire point of ORION was to reduce or eliminate decision making by the driver and put it in the hands of those who are so much better qualified?

If they are so damn smart and if they have all the answers, let them figure it out.

When they demand that we follow ORION they are telling us that we are no longer competent or trustworthy enough to decide what order the stops should be delivered in. If that is the case, how are we competent or trustworthy enough to help them fix the problems with ORION in the first place?

They cant have it both ways. If they want to put me in a cage its not my job to help them weld up the bars.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hit the ORION on average about 92% and I usually beat the plan miles by 5 every day. I hit the stupid first stop idea first and then I bookmark sections and jump around all over their plan and beat it easily. I have always run ground with my Next Day Air stops to reduce miles time permitting. It has always been smart to finish off a subdivision or section running air if I have the time, I call that working smart. ORION has a lot of faults in it, I won't tell my Dispatch Supervisor what his mistakes are when he is planning my day.