Footwear

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1405679807.952837.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Summer time I wear New Balance and the winter I wear Columbia boots. Don't know the number or name on either but both last. I had a pair of Columbia's that lasted five years.

turdbrown

What's everyone wearing? Shoes? Boots? What brand and style? Likes/dislikes

Sent using BrownCafe App
wore danner's when I started. they were good, but too heavy and the soles wore out too fast. switched to nike acg air max goadome for the last 5yrs. light,slow sole wear, keep your feet dry. will run u around $100. on ebay

overallowed

I find it odd, but at our center, they have prohibited us from wearing what is frequently referred to as a "coaches shoe" or a low cut tennis shoe, as many of you are wearing. They even went so far as to invite the Red Wing mobile store to our building, saying everyone will conform to shoe requirements within 1 week. Very few bought, and the threat was kind of swept under the rug and forgotten. Because of weak ankles, I wear a hiking boot type shoe. I have 2 pair of Red Wing 926, as they need to periodically be resoled, I have something to wear when they are gone. They are more expensive, but I don't have cheap feet.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I work in the hub and have had enough close calls to never go in there without steel toes until when/if I go driving. Best pair of boots I've ever had have been Thorogoods from http://www.theunionbootpro.com/

30% off year-round if you validate your local union membership.
Agreed...with inside work...I'd never wear anything but steel toe boots...they've saved me from quite a few broken toes over the years.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have 2 pair of Red Wing 926, as they need to periodically be resoled, I have something to wear when they are gone. They are more expensive, but I don't have cheap feet.

That always cracks me up. Go price Whites and tell me about how expensive Red Wings are.

I now have 4 pairs of Whites oxfords. 2 have been resoled/rebuilt once (they are 9 or 10 years old). I bought another pair because they were on clearance and were my size. They are 7 or 8 years old and being resoled/rebuilt right now. I bought the 4th pair while the 1st 2 were being rebuilt as rebuilding takes 4-6 weeks and it was getting warm. I rotate then them, so I never wear a pair 2 days in a row. They get a chance to dry out, which helps in their longevity.

I seriously doubt that I will ever have to buy another warm weather shoe for the rest of my UPS career. I think it is interesting, that I have spent less on shoes and having them rebuilt than the guys in my center that wear cheap shoes.

While I was in the NW, I went to the Whites factory and bought a pair of insulated Outdoorsmans. They are replacing a 10 year old pair of Danners that the leather is worn through and they are no longer rebuildable. Had the same thing happen with Whites, the leather would have been replaced in the rebuilding process.

When my other pair of Danners wear out, I will replace them with a pair of Whites.

If you do a search, you will find the thread where I bought my 1st pair of Whites.

platinum9898

Best boots have to be the Nike ACG boots...i got the all brown ones. The most comfortable shoe/boot I've ever wore in my life. Perfect arch support. Looks amazing shines beautifully. I recommend those. I went to footlocker and got them for $45 but I'm sure they are $80-120$

Sent using BrownCafe App