For Full-Time Employees: Temporary Part-Time Scheduling

Nah
I will slap you

UPS Teamsters may be the only people I've ever met who dislike the idea. Everybody I've known loves it. A 3 day weekend, every week? And let's face it, many drivers are working more than 10 hours a day anyway.

How long until those 4 10's turn into 4 13's? Be careful what you ask for.

Under the same circumstances, what would prevent drivers with 8 hour guarantees from working 5 13s? I'll take the 3 day weekend. But that's why I think it should be an option. Not mandatory for anyone.

Nah
It's just an idea in response to somebody who has nothing better to do than complain about his/her current schedule.

If you don't like it, I respect that. But that's my ideal schedule, for me. Not one-size fits all.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It's just an idea in response to somebody who has nothing better to do than complain about his/her current schedule.

If you don't like it, I respect that. But that's my ideal schedule, for me. Not one-size fits all.
Main problem being that 9 hours of work to Management is closer to 10 or 10.5 actual. So if you start trying to get an 11 hour dispatch due to ten being guaranteed, it’s gonna get even more unreasonable.

Nah
Main problem being that 9 hours of work to Management is closer to 10 or 10.5 actual. So if you start trying to get an 11 hour dispatch due to ten being guaranteed, it’s gonna get even more unreasonable.

Fair enough. More of a fantasy than anything. At the risk of sounding lazy, I would just love a 4 day work week.

I actually had a new center manager from a different center riding with me last week to make sure I wasn't developing "any bad habits," and he was convinced I would scratch the second day with me. I still wound up 42 minutes over allowed.

So management can't even agree on their own numbers.